Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

! Discussion !

+2
Broeder
Gecko
6 posters

Go down

! Discussion ! Empty ! Discussion !

Post by Gecko 3/9/2014, 4:15 pm

So I realize the whole section is titles Computing & Programming Discussion, but honestly, that can't really happen unless you have a bonk load of posts that are all small and die quickly, so this thread is here to make a small section where discussion can happen without the need for a lot of threads. A few topics possible are AMD vs Intel, Program/Language vs Program/Language, and LCD vs LED

So I will stir the pot and put this out here, AMD is better, by a very long shot. Well not a long shot, but AMD is quite a bit better.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

! Discussion ! Empty Re: ! Discussion !

Post by Broeder 3/9/2014, 4:22 pm

why?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 3/9/2014, 5:24 pm

Why what? There are quite a few things in there.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by kalio 4/9/2014, 3:46 pm

I'm also interested in why you say AMD is better. I'm going to be building a rig soon and don't know whether to go AMD or Intel.
kalio
kalio
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 4/9/2014, 3:57 pm

Intel and AMD are both good choices depending on what you are going for. If you want a system on a budget I'd go with AMD because they're cheaper options are indeed better than Intel, but Intel's more expensive options are better in my opinion.

I've only owned one AMD system in my life and it burned up in a year so... I would personally recommend Intel, I have been using them in my Windows, Mac and Linux system and not an issues with them. I find that AMD tends to get really hot compared to Intel, but that's just me.
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 4/9/2014, 5:22 pm

Well yeah, I do tend to have an AMD bias. Intel is just as good actually, in my experience AMD is far cheaper for equal product. The CPU I'm buying is an AMD 4.7GHZ 8 Cores, this is around $300 USD, the best Intel I could find is a 4GHs 4 core, multi-threaded for $340 USD. These were both from NewEgg. There are better Intel's, but I was going based from NewEgg.

Michael, I'm interested, I've never had an issue with AMD processors over heating. Then again, if the processor is more powerful than 3Ghz I tend to revert to liquid cooling.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 4/9/2014, 6:17 pm

I don't remember which the ghz was, I still have it in my computer graveyard because the only issue it had was the cpu got too hot and fried itself or melted something I forget. Nevertheless they are both good choices, if they weren't they wouldn't be in business. I just got a dud.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 5/9/2014, 2:07 pm

I have heard of older models being duds, like the 8 core 4ghz model, did you try RMA? They tend to be pretty cool about duds.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 5/9/2014, 7:58 pm

It's been a few years since it happened so it's too late for that.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 9/9/2014, 1:01 pm

I wish I had gotten way into the computer aspect a longer time ago, I didn't find out until recently AMD has stopped making CPU's so it's only a matter of time when Intel will surpass them in both quality and quantity.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 9/9/2014, 7:04 pm

Gecko wrote:I wish I had gotten way into the computer aspect a longer time ago, I didn't find out until recently AMD has stopped making CPU's so it's only a matter of time when Intel will surpass them in both quality and quantity.

What do you mean by AMD not making CPUs anymore?
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 9/9/2014, 9:50 pm

As back when they released the Vishera 8 core 4.7ghz There was the announcement that they are only making new APU's.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/335754-28-longer-making-high-performance-cpus
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 15/9/2014, 1:53 pm

I recently went to find a new graphics card, and Raedon R9 looked like it would fit the bill, so just a suggestion, when looking for a new.. any computer part consider sound as an existing factor.

The one I'm going with:

The one I was considering going with:
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 15/9/2014, 3:19 pm

Gecko wrote:I recently went to find a new graphics card, and Raedon R9 looked like it would fit the bill, so just a suggestion, when looking for a new.. any computer part consider sound as an existing factor.

The one I'm going with:

The one I was considering going with:

I have a 280X.
! Discussion ! Maxresdefault

It's nice, as if you don't mind that you can't OC it anymore than what the factory does, then it's great. With Twin Frozr Fans, during boot, they will run at 100% in reverse to help pull dust away from heatsink.

Smile
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 15/9/2014, 3:26 pm

What sort of outputs are you getting? FPS wise, and cable wise(HDMI, DVI, etc..)
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 16/9/2014, 3:21 am

Gecko wrote:What sort of outputs are you getting? FPS wise, and cable wise(HDMI, DVI, etc..)

Depends on what you're playing. League ~320FPS on Ultra.

1x HDMI, 1x DVI, and 2x Mini DP. I really only wanted one with 2x DP.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 16/9/2014, 3:46 am

How loud is it? From the review of GPU's that I have posted earlier, that one is pretty loud at full load.
Also, what sorts of TIM do you use? My current setup uses Arctic Silver 5, but I read that Arctic Cooling MX-4 was better.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 19/9/2014, 5:22 am

Man, if only this was smaller! This is probably the most awesome Air Cooling I have ever seen, out performs most forms of AIO

Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 19/9/2014, 6:13 pm

Gecko wrote:How loud is it? From the review of GPU's that I have posted earlier, that one is pretty loud at full load.
Also, what sorts of TIM do you use? My current setup uses Arctic Silver 5, but I read that Arctic Cooling MX-4 was better.

It runs quieter than my H100i so I don't even notice it. And I'm just using some cheap paste that I bought from Bestbuy w/ my discount lol
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 19/9/2014, 6:46 pm

Dual_Shock wrote:
Gecko wrote:How loud is it? From the review of GPU's that I have posted earlier, that one is pretty loud at full load.

It runs quieter than my H100i so I don't even notice it. And I'm just using some cheap paste that I bought from Bestbuy w/ my discount lol

Ew... Lol, considered the H100i, but the sound on that thing was awful from the many reviews I found.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by kalio 20/9/2014, 2:31 am

I'm getting extra fans so I can replace the ones coming with the H100i if they turn out to be too loud for me.
kalio
kalio
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 20/9/2014, 5:09 am

kalio wrote:I'm getting extra fans so I can replace the ones coming with the H100i if they turn out to be too loud for me.

I actually don't mind the ones that come with it. I can control their speed w/ Corsair Link if needby, since they are 4pin PWM controlled.

I'm not gonna lie, it is kinda loud, but that's because I'm overclocked from 3.5Ghz to 4.6Ghz, my rad is in a Push/Pull Config, 2 x 120mm on the front, and 120mm on back, so 7 fans on the case, 2 on the GFX card, and 1 on the power supply. 10 fans in total. 2 intakes, 6 outlets, 2 circulation.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 20/9/2014, 5:34 am

Wow, I'm doing an overclock from 3.3Ghz to 4.5Ghz XD, using air cooling. But like I posted earlier, it can outdo most water cooling.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down