Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrading my graphics card

3 posters

Go down

Upgrading my graphics card Empty Upgrading my graphics card

Post by pokeguyx 10/9/2014, 6:25 pm

So I've been given a PC from a friend, and I use it for gaming. I would like to upgrade the RAM from 4gb to 8gb, graphics card and the power supply.

However I've never replaced a graphics card so I had a question,

The PC currently has the Nvidia GeForce GT 430, which I would to upgrade to the Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Is there any restrictions to what graphics card I can use or should this be okay?

Motherboard: Intel DG965OT
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad

Also would this make a noticeable difference to gaming?

Thanks
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Upgrading my graphics card Empty Re: Upgrading my graphics card

Post by Gecko 10/9/2014, 10:21 pm

A few things to question:
1)What is the wattage on your Power supply?
2)What sort of price range?

As a difference to gaming, you should achieve a higher FPS. Are you restricted as to where you can buy from?

A few things to keep in mind, the clock speed of the card, how loud the sound can be(note the video below), the amount of stream processors, vram.

500th POST Mandatory SPAM!!!!!!!jfjfj6^SJ^99v94udn#$^W
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeguyx 10/9/2014, 10:39 pm

Gecko wrote:A few things to question:
1)What is the wattage on your Power supply?
2)What sort of price range?

As a difference to gaming, you should achieve a higher FPS. Are you restricted as to where you can buy from?

A few things to keep in mind, the clock speed of the card, how loud the sound can be(note the video below), the amount of stream processors, vram.

500th POST Mandatory SPAM!!!!!!!jfjfj6^SJ^99v94udn#$^W

Uhm not sure of the current wattage but I'll be buying a 600 or maybe 750w power supply, and I can only buy in the UK, it's not really the money im worried about just wondering if it would be worth doing :3

So upgrading 4gb to 8gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti from GT 430, and a new more powerful power supply, worth doing? Or is it not worth doing all that if I'm stuck with an Intel Core 2 Quad?

Gratz on 500 Wink
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 10/9/2014, 10:45 pm

How much money do you have to spend?

For like an extra $200-$400 (AMD/Intel) you could buy a new mobo/processor.

What you're working with is like 2006 stuff, so last generation. Your memory is likely to be DDR2 (8GB Most), might even be DDR1 (4GB Most). We're now on the latest generation of DDR4 in PCs, which can support up to 64GB of memory.

If I were you, I'd just build a new system. LMK if you have any questions on what you might need / if you want me to build you a system.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeguyx 10/9/2014, 11:12 pm

Dual_Shock wrote:How much money do you have to spend?

For like an extra $200-$400 (AMD/Intel) you could buy a new mobo/processor.

What you're working with is like 2006 stuff, so last generation. Your memory is likely to be DDR2 (8GB Most), might even be DDR1 (4GB Most). We're now on the latest generation of DDR4 in PCs, which can support up to 64GB of memory.

If I were you, I'd just build a new system. LMK if you have any questions on what you might need / if you want me to build you a system.

Thanks Dual Shock, thats all I was wondering Smile

Didn't wanna go and spend too much if it was more worth just building a new pc Smile
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down