Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tagging

+2
Mr Rockeye
Muffins
6 posters

Go down

Tagging Empty Tagging

Post by Muffins 12/10/2014, 11:47 am

A way to tag people in threads, such as @Muffins or if needed @muffins and hyperlink my profile link. Maybe even code in a system that automatically PMs the person tagged.

Thanks, and I can provide examples of forums where this is used to admins (so i'm not advertising etc)
Muffins
Muffins
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Tagging Empty Re: Tagging

Post by Mr Rockeye 12/10/2014, 1:13 pm

This would be fun and useful indeed, but I doubt if there is an option for it on ForuMotion forums.
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 12/10/2014, 1:30 pm

Mr Rockeye wrote:This would be fun and useful indeed, but I doubt if there is an option for it on ForuMotion forums.

That is a good point, I didn't consider that. Still, open for discussion if it is an option.
Muffins
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 12/10/2014, 4:39 pm

As it stands, forumotion has no tagging system implemented. They way their notification center works is different than FB's (in respect to tags). There are scripts that can be written but will be buggy. On top of this forumotions notification center is too simple to support such a script. It can be done but requires a lot of work arounds which isn't worth it
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 12/10/2014, 10:09 pm

Why not just click "Memberlist" at the top of the forums and type their name in the search bar. It will show you a link to their profile from which you can PM them. Surely that's simple enough.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 13/10/2014, 12:17 pm

[ADMIN] Billious wrote:Why not just click "Memberlist" at the top of the forums and type their name in the search bar. It will show you a link to their profile from which you can PM them. Surely that's simple enough.

That is not what he means.
Tagging some1 means they will get a notification that some1 has tagged them in a thread, and so they can go read what it is.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 13/10/2014, 1:03 pm

Cille wrote:
[ADMIN] Billious wrote:Why not just click "Memberlist" at the top of the forums and type their name in the search bar. It will show you a link to their profile from which you can PM them. Surely that's simple enough.

That is not what he means.
Tagging some1 means they will get a notification that some1 has tagged them in a thread, and so they can go read what it is.

(idk why she got -repped she's correct)

It's similar to Facebook tagging, I see no reason to PM someone in this instance - it's just to give someone attention to the thread, may not always be a personal inquiry.
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum