Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meat Factory Conditions. Animal Cruelty vs Environmental Needs

4 posters

Go down

Meat Factory Conditions. Animal Cruelty vs Environmental Needs Empty Meat Factory Conditions. Animal Cruelty vs Environmental Needs

Post by [ADMIN] Adrijana 4/12/2014, 11:28 pm

Where does our meat come from? There are contract farmers and there are factories. Both options are a disgrace to society, but sadly both have a purpose and a need for our world. Therefore, we face a dilemma.

ANIMAL RIGHTS VS ENVIRONMENTAL NEEDS?  

Video of a contract farmer and his feelings on what he is contracted to do for Purdue:

Farm factories and conditions:

This may not be ideal to watch, but it is the reality of our society and what we ingest on a daily basis. It is sad to see what fuels us... suffers so much in their lifetime.

One debate might bring in the fact that environmental needs bring these actions forward. To have an actual organic grown cow or chicken, it would be a burden on the environment but does that make it right? Isn't there so many other ways to make up for the environmental damage producing organic meats might cause?

My own personal opinion is that stating "this is environmentally better way" is an excuse to save money for large industries and it is sad to see that so many people just don't seem to care. My family has personally made the choice to purchase all meats from local Amish farmers that allow us to be at their farms and see the conditions.

Do you feel environmental needs override animal right?
[ADMIN] Adrijana
[ADMIN] Adrijana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Meat Factory Conditions. Animal Cruelty vs Environmental Needs Empty Re: Meat Factory Conditions. Animal Cruelty vs Environmental Needs

Post by SerNikli 8/12/2014, 7:18 am

I can't tell if this topic is 'active', I'm having trouble understanding the passed/active system.

I think that there has to be an objective fact, measured in C02 emissions and the like, about what is 'best' for the environment. I'm tempted to say that we could also easily compensate for better animal treatment by doing things such as changing the amount of electricity used, and our sources of energy. However, all of these things would require a radical restructuring of society to really make a significant dent in the issue of global warming instead of just delaying the inevitable.

If we assume we can convince people to care, then we should protect animal rights. If we can't convince people to care, we need to ensure the environment doesn't break down, because then everyone loses, animals included.

I personally believe that we're not going to be capable as a species of combating environmental change until things have gotten significantly worse. Whether it'd be reversable at that point remains to be seen, but it's really quite clear we aren't up to the task right now.

SerNikli
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Meat Factory Conditions. Animal Cruelty vs Environmental Needs Empty Re: Meat Factory Conditions. Animal Cruelty vs Environmental Needs

Post by Muffins 9/12/2014, 1:31 am

SerNikli wrote:I can't tell if this topic is 'active', I'm having trouble understanding the passed/active system.

they may not be counted as active, but you can still post in them and others will most likely respond.
Muffins
Muffins
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 9/12/2014, 5:40 pm

Active or Passed, it makes no difference anymore, we changed the rules some time ago.
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 10/12/2014, 8:34 am

Gildarts wrote:Active or Passed, it makes no difference anymore, we changed the rules some time ago.

So why continue putting those tags in? It only serves to confuse people now.
Muffins
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 10/12/2014, 6:36 pm

Muffins wrote:
Gildarts wrote:Active or Passed, it makes no difference anymore, we changed the rules some time ago.

So why continue putting those tags in? It only serves to confuse people now.

I dont see a Tag in the topic title....
And is someone Posts one with the Tags in it wont be set as Passed or Inactive.

But ill remove it from Kelly's post now.
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down