Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red chinchompas - thoughts?

4 posters

Go down

Red chinchompas - thoughts? Empty Red chinchompas - thoughts?

Post by Mike Smelly 12/12/2014, 2:27 am

A little bit of a background... back during the first bot nuke (2011?), we saw the price of red chinchompas go from 500 to about 2,000. That was crazy to me. So when I heard about the second bot nuke that was going to happen (2012?), I stocked up on a LOT of red chinchompas. And I mean a lot. I calculated the average price of the ones I bought to be about 650. Well as we all know, the second bot nuke wasn't as big of a nuke and it sure didn't make red chinchompa prices skyrocket like I predicted. But now these past few months have been interesting, as the red chin price has gone up. I've been monitoring their prices since I bought them back in 2012 (no I have not sold them, they've been sitting in my bank waiting for the right time), so really I'm just curious where you guys think they'll be going? This is their graph as of December 11th, 2014:
Red chinchompas - thoughts? D68b5c589d

Mike Smelly
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Red chinchompas - thoughts? Empty Re: Red chinchompas - thoughts?

Post by Minato 13/12/2014, 11:16 pm

Long term investing is really really dangerous, now with the bots returning again and all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEO58uif_3U&list=UUx1xcWQLiiCzrpIdlTFfSvw

I don't really know why a reason why red chinchompas would rise other than its normal fluctuation. At the moment I see that it is going to start falling again.
https://www.merchz.com/ge/10034-red-chinchompa/

If you wish you can still keep them and wait if the price goes up, but in the end it is up to you. Although I don't know why they should go up with new items coming into the game every month.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 13/12/2014, 11:59 pm

I agree with Minato on this one. Red Chins were an item that was completely ruined by eoc and as such was worthless... until the release of Legacy Mode. Legacy chinning, I believe, is actually a viable thing to do so that's why you saw that skyrocket into September. Anyhow I think they've reached their "peak of usefulness" so I don't see much of a reason for these to rise. Although, unlike Minato, I don't think bots will affect them too much, but again I just don't see much point in it.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atvrider69 19/4/2015, 4:26 pm

I am curious Mike Smelly, do you still have them? or have you sold them during the big spikes of recently?

Atvrider69
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Smelly 28/4/2015, 11:22 pm

Atvrider69 wrote:I am curious Mike Smelly, do you still have them? or have you sold them during the big spikes of recently?

I sold them at 900 (which was a spike back then), did a couple flips on the crash, and bought another 500k that I sold the other week. Funny how people dismissed me on this. Publicly at least; I guess it's always possible they were investing but keeping it quiet.

History has a funny way of repeating itself.

Mike Smelly
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 29/4/2015, 2:20 am

Idk. They had/have an awfully high amount of supply coming in on account of those divination hunting spots, so maybe the market was still flooded with them which made it appear like the amount demanded and the amount supplied were roughly equal (when in fact it was just the result of the excess supplies of the past... and once those were used up the price was able to power forward?) Or maybe I just underestimated their usefulness.

Either way, well done on them—I should've smelled a rat when I saw I was agreeing with Mina. Wink
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down