Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Exchange and OSRS

+7
Kelly
Tuff Tiga
hammer man25
-Kenny-
KillerHart
Gildarts
[ADMIN] Adrijana
11 posters

Go down

Grand Exchange and OSRS Empty Grand Exchange and OSRS

Post by [ADMIN] Adrijana 9/1/2015, 4:04 pm

Grand Exchange and OSRS MDjWosy

With the Dev blog from last month and this Twitter post, it seems the GE is a big possibility for OSRS. Personally, I'm all for it but my opinion is largely influence by the fact that I came to play RS after the GE was already there so I don't have experience to judge. I just know I hate having to wait around and meet people all over the game.

What are your thoughts and how will you vote when the poll comes out?
[ADMIN] Adrijana
[ADMIN] Adrijana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Grand Exchange and OSRS Empty Re: Grand Exchange and OSRS

Post by Gildarts 9/1/2015, 4:56 pm

I personally think the GE will re-create the runscape before the EOC update, seeing as they are slowly adding new stuff to OSRS and what not.

So im all for voting the GE to be added
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KillerHart 9/1/2015, 5:08 pm

$_$  I don't mind either way Razz
However I thought they made these trading posts at banks not that long ago? Wasn't that implemented instead of the ge
KillerHart
KillerHart

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Adrijana 9/1/2015, 5:42 pm

KillerHart wrote:$_$  I don't mind either way Razz
However I thought they made these trading posts at banks not that long ago? Wasn't that implemented instead of the ge

Yeah the trading post passed the poll but not many players are happy with it so now they're looking to bring it to the direction of a GE. Personally, I feel that Mods felt that the players needed to be desensitized to the idea of the GE so they provided a bare minimum system that can advance forward.

The trading system only allows buy offers while online and pretty much what Zybez offers now. It has so many flaws that players seem to be in favor of the GE.
[ADMIN] Adrijana
[ADMIN] Adrijana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kenny- 9/1/2015, 5:45 pm

Also, there are still more people using Zybez then the actual Trading post because people on trading post don't even put there Private on. and on Zybez they can add a little note with world and location witch is very handy.
-Kenny-
-Kenny-
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer man25 9/1/2015, 8:08 pm

I think the trading post update was just done incorrectly. The biggest thing I hear about it is not being able to trade directly through it, and it not forcing people to turn their private chats on. I think if they had implemented either of these 2 features, it would have been a good mixture between GE and the old trading system. With trading through the Trading Post, this would require you to be online, and while having to keep private on or have your trade removed, this would allow for a lot less troll options. There are quite a few items that have pages full of players that are just simply offline.
hammer man25
hammer man25
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Adrijana 9/1/2015, 9:53 pm

Dev Blog can be found HERE!
[ADMIN] Adrijana
[ADMIN] Adrijana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 9/1/2015, 10:41 pm

Very excited to see this happen in osrs. That way I can flip on both games. Hopefully in the future they add some support for the companion app Razz
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KillerHart 10/1/2015, 11:50 am

Had a quick read. I do hope they keep the limits the same as EOC or better than Razz . By the sounds of things merchanting will be possible Smile
KillerHart
KillerHart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 10/1/2015, 5:32 pm

hammer man25 wrote:I think the trading post update was just done incorrectly. The biggest thing I hear about it is not being able to trade directly through it, and it not forcing people to turn their private chats on. I think if they had implemented either of these 2 features, it would have been a good mixture between GE and the old trading system. With trading through the Trading Post, this would require you to be online, and while having to keep private on or have your trade removed, this would allow for a lot less troll options. There are quite a few items that have pages full of players that are just simply offline.

This is exactly how I feel. The Trading Post is a good idea, in theory, it just needs some changes made that will undoubtedly have massive ramifications on stopping troll offers and quelling complaints. I stubbornly dislike the idea of the GE only because it's been nearly two years without it and we've been operating just fine and found ways to make the tedious things like gathering quest items all that much easier, with things like quest kits. Additionally, it sucks that JaGex knows the Zybez trading guide is available, but discounts it at every cost. Zybez has been everyone's go-to for quite some time now, while JaGex took forever to create a haphazard Trading Post to which everyone begrudgingly disliked.

I'm split; I wouldn't mind a GE, but only because of merchanting. I've got myself setup where if I do a quest, I have most of the painstakingly annoying items to obtain already lying around in case myself or fellow friend needs them. The Trading Post would work just fine for everyday players, but I'm fine with either or I guess. Though I'm still quite in a pickle that we've been doing alright for nearly two years before something like this is released.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 10/1/2015, 5:54 pm

I've read over some of the arguments on that thread and it seems those who oppose the Ge are mostly saying 1) it makes the game easier 2) it makes it less old-schoolish. (I suppose those two points may be interconnected.)  I know among the 07 community there is a tradition of making things more troublesome just for the sake of making them more challenging—it is the birthplace of Ironman Mode after all. The other side is arguing mostly for it simply for the convenience of it; some are saying it's a necessary evil. Obviously I'm in favor of them adding it, but I'm way too biased of a source to even consider. Without a doubt it will be a vastly game-changing decision, so I guess I urge the 07 Community (that I'm currently not a part of) to act wisely.

∞ Phileep shrugs ∞
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer man25 10/1/2015, 8:39 pm

I think it honestly now just boils down to a few different types of people, those who want a GE, those who want the current system, trolls, a slightly updated trading post to combat trolls, and those who want it removed completely. Those who want the GE want the game to slowly become easier, but not as easy as EOC was (my personal opinion on their viewpoint). Those who want to keep the current system just want to go along for the ride. Trolls are assholes, post offers and either never respond or make sure you can't contact them. Those who want an updated trading post simply want to try to fix current problems, without making things to hard/difficult. And those who want to abolish it, well, they love a hard game.
hammer man25
hammer man25

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 12/1/2015, 11:28 pm

I for one am pretty adamant about voting this down for the very reason being having no GE is what makes 07 fun for me to play from time to time. If the GE were to enter 07 the only thing left for me to do in 07 is stake and I may as well play Rs3 because there is a lot more to do there. I don't pk so the enjoyment of maxing my 07 account without spending anything on it would be basically gone because that would require way more grinding then I currently do.

As for the trading post, it only needs to remove anyone who won't turn their private on and maybe some sort of system for people who don't respond after you message the person to remove their trading post offers.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 13/1/2015, 12:17 am

Gotta love how the attitudes of all the people shifted. All the votes for content being pushed through (Corp, GWD, now this) is just hilarious. Sparc Mac posted a video that simply said #VoteYesForGE and people said that if the GE didnt go through they would quit.

The game was basically reset a few years and is now back following the footsteps of RS3 except at a faster rate. But once OSRS gets boring there's not going to be a big revival because to a lot of people, RS is dying once again. I love reading video game threads that reference runescape and how there's a lack of new players, there's just an abundance of long term players who have invested so much time into the game that they keep playing.

People who vote yes on this update are voting out of convenience, and rarely recognize that they are just repeating the RS3 timeline.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Adrijana 13/1/2015, 3:01 am

JIGL0JAY wrote:Gotta love how the attitudes of all the people shifted. All the votes for content being pushed through (Corp, GWD, now this) is just hilarious. Sparc Mac posted a video that simply said #VoteYesForGE and people said that if the GE didnt go through they would quit.

The game was basically reset a few years and is now back following the footsteps of RS3 except at a faster rate. But once OSRS gets boring there's not going to be a big revival because to a lot of people, RS is dying once again. I love reading video game threads that reference runescape and how there's a lack of new players, there's just an abundance of long term players who have invested so much time into the game that they keep playing.

People who vote yes on this update are voting out of convenience, and rarely recognize that they are just repeating the RS3 timeline.

The irony of this statement... GE came out November 2007. Only reason it was left out of original release is that they used the earliest version of Oldschool that they had which didn't include it and they went to the earliest version they had which is from early 2007. Game has to progress. As long as EOC stays out... these updates wont be changing the whole concept of the game. Jagex put out the Trading Post which was a joke of an update in itself. People don't like it so this is the next option. If this doesn't pass, then there will be a poll to vote on expanding the Trading post to include auto trading which is going to the same thing. A game cannot survive without sensible updates and this is the next sensible move.
[ADMIN] Adrijana
[ADMIN] Adrijana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer man25 13/1/2015, 3:12 am

[ADMIN] Lemon wrote:
JIGL0JAY wrote:Gotta love how the attitudes of all the people shifted. All the votes for content being pushed through (Corp, GWD, now this) is just hilarious. Sparc Mac posted a video that simply said #VoteYesForGE and people said that if the GE didnt go through they would quit.

The irony of this statement... GE came out November 2007. Only reason it was left out of original release is that they used the earliest version of Oldschool that they had which didn't include it and they went to the earliest version they had which is from early 2007. Game has to progress. As long as EOC stays out... these updates wont be changing the whole concept of the game. Jagex put out the Trading Post which was a joke of an update in itself. People don't like it so this is the next option. If this doesn't pass, then there will be a poll to vote on expanding the Trading post to include auto trading which is going to the same thing. A game cannot survive without sensible updates and this is the next sensible move.

If GE had been in the game from the beginning, it wouldn't have been a problem being in the game. Since they didn't put it in, and they gave the choice to the players, that's why it's so disliked. One reason I won't like the GE nearly as much is because it's going to invite more bots into the game currently. If you look at the way trading is now, you need the botter to sell his goods either off his main account (getting it a possible chain ban) or you need to setup another bot to sell your goods (costing the botter more money and time), or stop the bot from what it's currently doing to go sell items (time lost botting their resource). If the GE is introduced, this will allow botters to take 5 mins to go put their goods in the GE to trade automatically. They can then simply sell this gold to gold selling websites. It removes much of the risk for the botters and gold farmers.
Now I personally just want an updated Trading Post. People with PM set to anything other than "Online" to not have their offers be able to be posted, and a button so you can "report offline" players. By this I mean those that have their pm on but do not respond to PM's. I know trading over worlds is not likely to happen, simply because of logistics.
Spoiler:
Those are just my views on the subject.
hammer man25
hammer man25

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 13/1/2015, 6:56 pm

hammer man25 wrote:
[ADMIN] Lemon wrote:

If GE had been in the game from the beginning, it wouldn't have been a problem being in the game. Since they didn't put it in, and they gave the choice to the players, that's why it's so disliked. One reason I won't like the GE nearly as much is because it's going to invite more bots into the game currently. If you look at the way trading is now, you need the botter to sell his goods either off his main account (getting it a possible chain ban) or you need to setup another bot to sell your goods (costing the botter more money and time), or stop the bot from what it's currently doing to go sell items (time lost botting their resource). If the GE is introduced, this will allow botters to take 5 mins to go put their goods in the GE to trade automatically. They can then simply sell this gold to gold selling websites. It removes much of the risk for the botters and gold farmers.
Now I personally just want an updated Trading Post. People with PM set to anything other than "Online" to not have their offers be able to be posted, and a button so you can "report offline" players. By this I mean those that have their pm on but do not respond to PM's. I know trading over worlds is not likely to happen, simply because of logistics.
Spoiler:
Those are just my views on the subject.

The GE carries a lot more problems to the game then people even think through. I get that the vast majority of the people voting Yes are pkers and I have quite the insight on how said supplies enter the game. When it comes to cooked sharks/potions/bolts people make those things in bulk to make a profit whether its the time spent getting herbs for cheap or the time spent cooking sharks and trading 2 cooked for 3 raws. As someone who makes bolts myself even if I continued to play if the GE passes I would merely switch to something that gives faster xp like broad arrows rather then making diamond bolts. So one of 2 things end up happening, supplies get so expensive it becomes worth it for people to make them or a lot of items get land locked at alch price similar to how nearly half the items in RS3 are now.

I would vote yes on an upgraded Trading post proposal if it involves players being online and trading.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 18/1/2015, 11:43 pm

It seems 07 is getting GE. Getting ready Smile

Spoiler:
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KillerHart 19/1/2015, 5:36 pm

Yay its passed. Looking forward to this, they better keep it north west of varrock.
KillerHart
KillerHart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down