Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all.

3 posters

Go down

Hello all. Empty Hello all.

Post by kg2002 7/2/2015, 6:52 am

Hey everyone. I'm new and thought I'd briefly share my runescape story. I began in 2001 on runescape classic. The tutorial island is where I got stuck. A friend had offered me to get through it, so I lent him the account and he did. I don't remember logging in again.. at least until after RS2 was released. From then on I've played rs on and off. Wilderness pking was my favorite thing, particularly during the years of 2005-2006 and there were alot of good times. My best memory was when me and 2 other guys teamed up, we ended up killing a mage by the hill giants in level 17-18 wilderness who was wearing a set of gold-trimmed blue magic robes (1.2M value during that time). We split the loot in good honor.

Moving on to 2010-present, this is where shit gets real. my dream was always to achieve high wealth status. One day, that dream came true but let me start from the beginning. Mining is my favorite skill and after what felt like years of grinding, I unlocked the ability to mine runite ore. Mining runite is all i knew.. since I was f2p for most of my runescape life. Soon after dungeoneering came out, new runite rocks spawned in the mining guild resource dungeon. I was fortunate enough to be one of the early players to unlock that too, and began making money there for a while. Then dice games got introduced. I was heavily involved hosting in my own fc and made more money than i ever seen before (30-60m). I got tempted to scam sometimes and I won't lie, I did. One time happened when someone bet me 8m and I simply couldn't afford to payout. He won and I logged.. but karmas a uknowat. I got hacked for 82m the following summer.

Starting fresh, no more guilt on my chest. Grinded runite rocks some more, then I discovered staking. BOX staking. I was maxed combat. After collecting around 15m, I headed over to the duel arena. I got cleaned time and time again but never gave up. I can't remember how it exactly played out but I began winning and likewise the money started rolling in. 30m, 50m, 100m, 250m, 500m. Infact one morning I went up 300m in the span of 2 HOURS! Believe it or not. Crazy stuff, i know. I continued to build using the pid formula and ended up with a 4B bank. I was fiying first class. styling' and profiling. Champagne bottles were poppin' (lol jk) and I thought the days of me being a poor noob were gone forever. I wanted to give back and I preferred logging off each night with even amounts rounded to the nearest mil. So I went around f2p worlds and traded hundreds of ks to the less fortunate. why not? It wasn't much to me and it made their day. win-win. I also bought d claws for a clanmate. I wanted to fund my clan with the best gear for wars. It would've been cool. However, EOC was right around the corner.

For those who don't know, this story has a sad ending. My computer broke down 5 days before EOC released and I wasn't able to get a new one until November the following year. Pretty much 12 months without a pc, life sucked. Well finally got back, 4B intact but thanks to eoc.. staking was never the same again. I had to find a new way to make money.. perhaps invest what I already had. I fell into the trap. It's called Dragon Dyce ladies and gentleman. I thought making 50-100m per day was no problem with my bankroll. Just bet win/lose double up and repeat. It worked for a few days but then well.. every good thing comes to an end. I hit some really BIG losing streaks, could not believe what was happening. I thought for sure the system was rigged.. maybe it was. All those hours, days, months and effort I took to build that stack (staking wasn't easy, constant style switching and nerve wreck) gone in an instant. *POOF* I'm telling you one of the worst feelings you could ever experience and that was NOT the end of it.

DD hands out prizes each week to the top 5 gamblers. Coming in 2nd place, I raked in a very nice 400M. By then I learned my lesson. "F this place, i'm outta here. right?" However, at the time. 400M felt like pocket change. Especially for someone who held 4B. (now I see though, 10% not bad) Again, how the f am I going to grow this stack? The G.E had hardly any appeal. Then I discovered BBB (i'll use abbreviations from now on if that's allowed) anyway i'm sure some of you may know what that is. Runescape Poker. I like poker but obviously no pro and duh I blew it all again. I'm not a quitter tho, you know me. I literally spent a whole year on that site and built two outstanding stacks. 1st time - 850M reached! eventually lost it all. same old' ish. 2nd time - 400M - I was tired of it by now, so I thought let's reach a flat 500M/half a B and call it quits. Kept swinging between 350-450, enough of this. Time for high stakes. Flopped a flush and pushed all in vs a set of jacks, the turn card comes another jack and that's the game folks.

Finally returned to RS and after a couple months of frosts and QBD, did some buyables.. currently back up to 46M cash and here I am, trying to learn how to become a merchanting pro. It's a new journey and hopefully with a better ending this time.

-Sorry this post went longer than expected, it's a good read promise Smile-

kg2002
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Hello all. Empty Re: Hello all.

Post by Daxaal 10/2/2015, 9:00 am

Read it all. Do you still have your clan? what size is it? name? What you guys do? Smile
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by kg2002 11/2/2015, 3:10 am

That clan is long gone. It was an F2P warring clan named The Kings. We lived off the old combat system as we were part of the PvP community. EOC hit the final nail in the coffin.

kg2002
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 11/2/2015, 9:39 pm

A lot of text but a really nice read Smile.
We should stake sometimes in legacy mode :p
I'll think you've finally found a consistent way of making money, here on SE. 
Good luck with the merchanting Smile
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum