Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smokin|Minecraft Officials Rules Updated March/1/2015

2 posters

Go down

Smokin|Minecraft Officials Rules Updated March/1/2015 Empty Smokin|Minecraft Officials Rules Updated March/1/2015

Post by Michael 23/2/2015, 11:47 pm

Smokin|Minecraft Universal Rules

Rules are subject to change at anytime and without warning.

In addition to these rules, all of the rules that Mojang has apply to this server. The Mojang EULA can be viewed here.

In addition to these rules all of the forum rules apply, these rules can be viewed here.

Basic Rules:

1) DO play and talk to people nicely.
While swearing and general poor behavior isn't expressly forbidden, if somebody complains and the situation is severe enough, the offender will not like the results.

2) DO respect other people's areas and things.

You should avoid using people's farms, mob grinders, and items unless you are expressly given permission. You should also build far enough away from people that your constructions won't be visible from their areas, if they request. You SHOULD ask before you start building if somebody was in that area first and respect their wishes if they don't want you to build there. That's what the forum is for. =)

Along this same line of thought, if you happen upon an unprotected chest in what's obviously a claimed area, or a chest that contains obviously non-spawned items, use your head and realize that it's probably somebody's stuff, and it would be unkind to take it.

3) DO respect public and wilderness areas.
Floating leaves, 256m tall single block columns, random water/lava covered mountains and half finished piles of plain cobble houses drive me bananas, and not in a good way. Don't do it. For your admin's sake.

4) DO respect the server itself and its community.
You should avoid doing things that cause any kind of lag on the server, whether it's fast cycling redstone, excessive mobs (generally >30 of a type) in your grinder or farm, giant piles of TNT going off at once or 1000s  of amounts of items laying around.

Also while I don't require this be the only server you play on, constantly talking about and praising other servers where you regularly play I see as recruiting for other servers, and that's hugely disrespectful to both myself and the community. Abusing bugs and glitches, even if it's a problem with vanilla minecraft, also falls as a violation of this rule.

5) DO use your head!
Above all else, if you can do something that seems wrong, it doesn't mean that it's ok, it just means that I haven't taken time to fix it yet. If I do have to take several hours to change something that people are abusing, that is probably going to make me extremely unhappy with those people, and they will probably not enjoy the results. ;-)

6) The Rule Book.
To confirm you have read these rules simply post any emoticon into the application. I, or any other administatior of the server can remove you from the server at any given time without warning, we will however listen to appeals in our IRC chat #Smokin_Minecraft. Happy gaming.

Remember,I, Michael, pay for the server myself every month, and I am very very happy to have people play with me, as long as they don't do anything that will detract from the community's or my own experience.

Additionally:

All rules that are listed on this thread are now in effect as of March 1, 2015 and apply to all ranks on the SEMC Network. The following rules apply to the Smokin|Minecraft Servers, TeamSpeak section, and the SmokinElite Forums. All users are to read and follow the rules to avoid the punishment of kick or ban. If for any reason a rule needs to be changed or modified, the SEMC Administration has the right to do so.

Using an alternate account to avoid punishment such as a mute or ban is prohibited on the SEMC network. If caught doing this your ban/mute may be extended and the alternate account will be banned.

You are Responsible for your own Security
Any breach made by a family, friend, or random stranger is on you. The SEMC Network does not take responsibility for your security on your minecraft accounts or forum account. If a rule is broken under an account, that account will be punished. No exceptions.

Respect All Users
RAU - Respect All Users, we are all human. Please be respectful and kind to others while playing games, or even lounging in lobbies. Forum respect will be enforced, do not write something that will be considered rude, it does hurt someone’s feelings in the end. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated and will result in a ban.
We will NOT allow the following:

• Racism
  • Sexism
  • Ageism
  • Remarks about Disabilities
  • Religion
  • Or any other kinds of Discrimination

Also a note on other languages, it is not considered racist if they don't speak your language. English is recommended when asking something from an English Staff Member, though we do not require you to speak it. You are free to speak any language on the SEMC Network, but swearing or breaking chat rules in another language will not be allowed.

Client Modifications/Hacks are Strictly Forbidden

Use of modified clients or hacked clients is strictly forbidden on the SEMC Network. Any modification that will help a user win a game or give them an advantage is considered illegal. If caught using Hacked Clients or Modifications, will result in a temporary ban or permanent ban from the network.

Types of modifications that are allowed:

• Mods that are purely for aesthetic purposes, eg: Shaders Mods
  • Mods that provide enhancement to the way Minecraft performs (FPS etc), eg: Optifine.
  • Rei's Minimap and Better Sprinting are now allowed as we can limit certain options.

Types of modifications that are not allowed:

• Mods that provide enhanced player movement, eg: Smart Movement Mod.
  • Mods that allow flight, 'speed hacks', and extended reach.
  • Mods that provide additional data to the player that would otherwise not be seen, eg: Radar Chest Mods.
  • Mods that exploit the AFK prevention system by constantly pinging player movement, eg: Macros and 'Rave Mods'.
  • Macro Mods are strictly prohibited to staff use, anyone using them that isn't a staff member will be dealt with accordingly.
  • No macros of any kind are allowed on the network due to they can give advantages in the minigames.
  • Mods that change your gamma and allow brightness other than that found in normal minecraft.

Note: Some of the information in this thread comes directly from the Hypixel network, their rules are fair so I am applying them to this server the full list Hypixel rules can be viewed here
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Smokin|Minecraft Officials Rules Updated March/1/2015 Empty READ

Post by Legit Ryan 9/3/2015, 11:35 pm

I Have Read all of the server rules and will comply. I'm such a nice person c:
Legit Ryan
Legit Ryan
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)