Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phileep's New Merchanting Log [~1.5b]

+4
Jack0
piramatrix
Werkverkeer
Phileep
8 posters

Go down

Phileep's New Merchanting Log [~1.5b] Empty Phileep's New Merchanting Log [~1.5b]

Post by Phileep 21/3/2015, 10:14 pm

This will be the home of my new flips. I think what I'll do is save them up in my spreadsheet log, then update the log from time to time in blocks of 250m. This is primarily so you would actually have a decent amount of content to look at whenever you see that the log was updated. The first 250m or so came from my early 2015 work, the rest has been done since March 6th. The first 4 blocks consider 07 flips as 7:1. The 5th block, and hopefully following blocks, consider/will consider 07 flips as 8:1.

Early 2015
Spoiler:

March 6th- March 21st
Spoiler:

March 21st- March 26th
Spoiler:

March 26th- April 3rd
Spoiler:

April 4th- April 16th
Spoiler:

Last edited by Phileep on 5/6/2015, 3:14 am; edited 8 times in total
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Phileep's New Merchanting Log [~1.5b] Empty Re: Phileep's New Merchanting Log [~1.5b]

Post by Phileep 21/3/2015, 10:14 pm

April 17th- May 9th
Spoiler:

Last edited by Phileep on 5/6/2015, 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Phileep's New Merchanting Log [~1.5b] Empty Re: Phileep's New Merchanting Log [~1.5b]

Post by Werkverkeer 26/3/2015, 7:29 pm

You did a lot of flips on 21-03-2015 affraid

Werkverkeer
Werkverkeer
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 26/3/2015, 7:53 pm

Unfortunately, the spreadsheet log only records when you export your flips, not when you actually add them to the log. Taking your input into account... I think I'll alter it a little bit to make it a bit less cluttered looking. Smile
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Werkverkeer 26/3/2015, 7:58 pm

Haha didn't mean it in a bad way Smile

There are some nice flips in there!
Werkverkeer
Werkverkeer
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 26/3/2015, 8:00 pm

Do things look cleaner now?
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Werkverkeer 26/3/2015, 8:20 pm

yeah Smile

Werkverkeer
Werkverkeer
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 3/4/2015, 11:51 pm

Released another 250m block.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 4/4/2015, 10:06 am

some pretty sweet stuff you have here, keep the merchanting alive Very Happy just started back again myself :p
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack0 9/4/2015, 8:59 pm

GREAT progress! that is some neat flips..! looking forwardbto see more from you Smile
Jack0
Jack0
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 15/4/2015, 12:56 am

Released my next block of 250m. Druidic stick did great that week, and it allowed me to (almost) maintain the breakneck pace I'd achieved only due to excellent phat margins in the previous block. 2 blocks away from a 5b profit badge, that's exciting Smile.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by A d z 29/4/2015, 9:28 pm

Reading this I'm inspired. Would you recommend flipping on osrs and xfering? I had a phat set when they were 3m for the lot. Now my bank will be shit. I made that much in 2 days though. Made around 7k per rune hatchet and did hundreds lol.

Also, I see you did a 30m flip of beer. What is a profitable junk collection to buy? I have 50 f2p alts from back when I bought 67m rune ess in spring '12.
A d z
A d z
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 30/4/2015, 2:38 am

The way I see it, when you buy a bond for an account you're really paying for membership on both games... so you might as well use it Smile. If you need someone to swap for you, I can do so, but of course you can shop elsewhere if you'd like. Wink

Personally, I just really flip collections that others have already made. My way is a lot less work, of course, but it's quite difficult to profit sometimes seeing as the market for collections is very small. If you're interested the official/unofficial fc for collecting is "miffdor", you can see what people are buying and sell in there and perhaps get some ideas. Or, you can visit their forum, it's in the Miscellaneous market section "Collection Trading/Highscores v?" or something like that. Most collections, though, are p2p items, so you'll find yourself somewhat limited if you wanna buy them up yourself. Might not be such a bad idea, though, except I think ge offers still go inactive after 14 days of not logging in...

Overall I just don't think buying up collections is worth the time/effort you put into it if profit is what you're looking for, for the most part at least. There are a few exceptions, I think, but those exceptions are probably carefully guarded secrets (not guarded by me, though Razz). It's an interesting enough hobby, in any case. jocolor
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by A d z 30/4/2015, 8:51 pm

I just realised I could buy 30k beer per day with my alt army. That seems like it could be profitable although I could crash the beer collection market if there is no interest.
A d z
A d z
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 30/4/2015, 9:07 pm

You've got to consider, though, that there's not going to be 30k beer selling in the ge on any given day for you to buy. 3k, even, is perhaps a bit generous, unless you're willing to instant buy, which I'll add is rarely worth it. Usually, collections that are worth anything are legitimately hard to get—there are few loopholes Smile.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief 1/5/2015, 3:20 am

Good stuff.
Chief
Chief
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 17/5/2015, 6:19 am

Fifth block added.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 5/6/2015, 3:14 am

6th block added. As it turns out, I hit the limit for the first post, and am now filling up the second one. This should be 5b total profit as well (1.5b on this log so far).
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 16/6/2015, 6:46 pm

nice to see you keeping busy sensei Wink Maybe someday i might find time to flip again for a month or two
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 16/6/2015, 8:23 pm

As Gonecase said, great to see you're keeping up busy and up with merching; I'm sure this is very inspirational and motivating to others Smile. It's great to see a mixture of OS and RS3 flips, too. Have you merged your profit count together of the two, or is the ~1.5b in the title only RS3?
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 16/6/2015, 10:24 pm

I've taken the 07 profit and multiplied it by the eoc -> 07 exchange rate and then summed the two profits. Well, except I did it for every 07 flip, so I don't have a record of how much 07 profit I've made in total.

*Phileep waves to rpguy.*
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down