Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old School Price Rising/Merching Back?

5 posters

Go down

Old School Price Rising/Merching Back? Empty Old School Price Rising/Merching Back?

Post by mat 27/4/2015, 11:57 am

Long time no see!

I haven't looked into RS much since the old school way of merching (buying out an item to make the price rise) went away. I dabbled in NOT ALLOWED/staking after merching went away a little before retiring. Happened to randomly check up on RS today and found this on a forum:

"I think prices on alot of items will be unstable for a little while until the GE figures itself out. Either way, the coming of the GE is going to bring back the old era of merchanting clans with them buying loads of items as the price goes up and dumping them on the GE and the price goes down. I would describe it to be kind of like a vacuum, it will suck it a lot of air but then with the push of a button it will blow out with force."

Does this mean that merching an item by buying it out in the GE is back? If so, is SM already or have plans to resurrect our old way of merching?

mat
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Old School Price Rising/Merching Back? Empty Re: Old School Price Rising/Merching Back?

Post by Gildarts 27/4/2015, 1:03 pm

Yes we have a CC in old school called 07 Flip, its not so much as item manipulation, but more of assisting merchants by advising them how look for items and when to sell ect ect.
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Old School Price Rising/Merching Back? Empty Re: Old School Price Rising/Merching Back?

Post by Tuff Tiga 27/4/2015, 1:23 pm

Hey mat, there aren't any direct plans to merch a specific item. That being said the old rank system (you should remember, trainee and rank) is back so feel free to apply for that if you meet the requirements
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by mat 27/4/2015, 3:02 pm

Hey Tiga, I'll take a look at that thread. So is price manipulation possible again in 2007 RS?

mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 27/4/2015, 4:41 pm

No one answered the question he was really wondering about, which is price manipulation. Have you guys not even thought about this? That was literally the era were SM reigned the most.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 27/4/2015, 5:05 pm

Gildarts wrote: its not so much as item manipulation

if that was not clear enough I'm sure he would of said so.
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 27/4/2015, 5:10 pm

mat wrote:Hey Tiga, I'll take a look at that thread.  So is price manipulation possible again in 2007 RS?

It's a lot harder granted there is no junk trading. Items will crash almost instantly
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 27/4/2015, 7:03 pm

Firstly, price manipulation is illegal in Oldschool Runescape and we have decided that we are now a community that abides RS rules.
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/the-grand-exchange?oldschool=1
Secondly, even if we would want to manipulate the GE prices(which we don't) then it would prove to be impossible. The GE in 07 is exactly the same as the one in RS3 with a few minor tweaks to it(ex. GE history). Yes, we can make an item price rise quite easy, that's for sure. The hard part is actually selling the item back as the players have the option to buy at whatever price they wish. They aren't limited to +/- 5% as it was in those good old days.
The only way to profit off the GE through manipulation would be pyramid schemes where the higher ups dump their stock to lower ranked members thus making them a profit. As you can imagine this would make some people quite angry and we aren't going to do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D7Wa758JF8

tl;dr No manipulation is going to happen in 07 nor RS3

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by mat 28/4/2015, 10:59 am

Minato wrote:Firstly, price manipulation is illegal in Oldschool Runescape and we have decided that we are now a community that abides RS rules.
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/the-grand-exchange?oldschool=1
Secondly, even if we would want to manipulate the GE prices(which we don't) then it would prove to be impossible. The GE in 07 is exactly the same as the one in RS3 with a few minor tweaks to it(ex. GE history). Yes, we can make an item price rise quite easy, that's for sure. The hard part is actually selling the item back as the players have the option to buy at whatever price they wish. They aren't limited to +/- 5% as it was in those good old days.
The only way to profit off the GE through manipulation would be pyramid schemes where the higher ups dump their stock to lower ranked members thus making them a profit. As you can imagine this would make some people quite angry and we aren't going to do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D7Wa758JF8

tl;dr No manipulation is going to happen in 07 nor RS3

I haven't been around for 2+ years so this was the exact answer I was looking for. Thank you!

mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 28/4/2015, 3:42 pm

mat wrote:I haven't been around for 2+ years so this was the exact answer I was looking for.  Thank you!
No problem, happy to help out.
As it has been mention already, we have a merchanting fc at Oldschool runescape called "07 flip". We focus on teaching the ropes to complete beginners and you can get advice from the ranks. You're welcome to join any time(it has most people in the evenings GMT time)

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down