Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←†

+59
Frozen Ways
Drak
Sodayodadude
bird766
iiRage Quit
matty21202
Skillahut
NightPhury
Silver drop
Stepzeh
jdslasher
Toxxy
Vanquil
boomer0001
KetchupFTW
SupLol
neilere
77dds storm
Level3Skiller
Astronis
Ellzworth
lakey04
Im Smarticle
hockey2158
Azonta
Brannick999
Makaveli
BiBi
sathan&narg
MerchTilIDie
chrisdzl
m i c e
Mr Kennedy
Djookba
Gruesome31
empiredragoon
hydrah
Trustus
Isunova
alpy7
99strko
peepe
big staker
SladeDaBoss
dareaper
sw1ftkill
AntonSKY
cheetomania
qwertyXz
Smoking Millions
jessemills
aMpZ
I Pk Yews I
the original concurice
Mractor
carephh
overbeck
Black
Deatlev
63 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Empty †→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←†

Post by Deatlev 19/10/2011, 6:46 pm

Hello there Guest!

Let's get started....

Ok so if you need an item, you post a topic here or ask others, right? Well, DON'T! (I am not saying you wouldn't get a good item, but most merchants wont reveal their precious item. There's plenty of lists, so don't spam the forum...the lists contain good items most of the time)
What you could do is this,
Search G.E for a cool item that you like, try it out, if it works, keep it.
Try not to use items that are already posted here on this forum. (They can still work fine though!!!)
Take a look around, what do you see, what do people wear or use? Go to a pvp world, what do the pkers commonly use? What do you need to train that special skill? Example; Magic; runes and teletabs
Use those items you often see, write them down on a list and try them out!
Don't be afraid of trying new items! It can make you billions!
(I went from 10m cash to 30m in one day! ^^)

Examples of this:
Spoiler:

Also, there's plenty of items in my own Merchanting log!

If you are desperate after an item or two, I'll give you a lil list here of items that have worked for me in a long time!

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Steel_10Steel bar - Fast flip with around 50gp margin and with a 10k limit you will be earning money in no time!

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Supatt10†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Super_10†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Super_11Super set (Super attack, strength and defence) - All of these work excellent because the pkers always use these ^^

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Prayer10Prayer potion - Commonly used by boss killers and pkers, mostly everyone uses them, fast-medium flip!

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Sarado10Saradomin brew - (3) or (4) Limit is 1000 for both! Used to be fast, but since bots disappeared it's fast-medium

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Uncut_11Uncut ruby - This might not seem like a good item, but it is. No one has yet told about this item, but I tell you, it works excellent! Leaning towards slow but can be fast! Their limit is 1000!

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Telepo10Teleport to house - Everyone uses these, everywhere. A fast flip with good % profit! Also a limit of 1000!

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Ancien10Ancient staffs - They usually sell for 5k profit margin, a really good item according to me, can sometimes be slow though. Limit of 100 here ^^

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Uncut_10Uncut diamond - This is a rather slow flip but still good. The limit is 500 on these ones!

Tips and tricks:

* Maximising a limit wont always give more profit...e.g if you buy 500 uncut ruby they might get bought faster then 1000 (limit = 1000) because you most probably wont be undercut too much, thus making it faster and more profitable (If you're an active flipper) and if you are using all g.e slots for different items, this is useful

* Items that are rising in price usually have bigger margins, keep that in mind! (Doesn't mean those who are going down aint got big margins)
Items that are rising in price are also safe to flip overnight, those who are dropping are not always safe and can give alot of losses

*If you're not sure about one item, flip it in low amounts for a few days to get to know the price changes, otherwise you might end up buying at the peak price (when it is at highest) and lose alot of money. Eventually, when you have got to know the item, you can buy at the low price and sell at the peak price quite easily, and earn alot!

*Boosting your item limit can be very good for certain items, let's say blood runes, you buy 25k of those non instant or instant, your choice. Then you ask people to buy another 25k for you, until you are satisfied with the limit. Personally I use to flip 150k blood runes and it gives alot of profit in bulk when it's fast.

*Checking the graph of an item can help alot, if you more or less know how to read a g.e graph (preferably from the grandexchangecentral) so that you wont buy the item when it peaks, because when it drops you'll lose money. It might also be worth to invest in the item depending on how to graph looks like. You can see if the item is about to drop or rise, so that will make alot of difference when flipping it.

*Check updates on rs, sometimes items crash or rise, if you can identify the items that will do so, you can earn alot of profit!

*Don't undercut items that aren't buying fast, it will most probably buy anyways, and you could even buy it for a lower price

*Sometimes prices aren't what they seem. If you pricecheck something, and say it shows 10gp margin, it could actually be a 20gp margin, but you just don't see it at that time! So put in an offer higher than what you saw. Keep the same buy price but increase the sell price

HOW TO FIND YOUR OWN POPULAR ITEMS

Spoiler:

Also, when you think your merchanting abilites are good enough, try applying for ]trainee (clickity), if you aren't ready for that, apply for a mentor group!

Give me some REAL feedback! Is this guide just perfect or what does need improvement?

Hope my little guide helped you and please +rep Smile
If you want me to make new guides tell me!

Last edited by Deatlev on 17/4/2012, 6:00 am; edited 64 times in total
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Empty Re: †→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←†

Post by Black 19/10/2011, 7:49 pm

with the first part its decent maybe add pictures or something but as i always say you can better teach someone how to ctach a fish instead giving him a fish. you know what i mean Razz

add pics add your first rep is there.
Black
Black
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

†→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←† Empty Re: †→How to get and find your own items and flip succesfully←†

Post by Deatlev 19/10/2011, 7:49 pm

Pictures added of the items!
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by overbeck 19/10/2011, 8:18 pm

Thank Deatlev, I'll try this items you gave me. It's becuase I'm new at flipping, and yeah. I sound a bit dumb now. But I don't really understand the guides people put up. I need a person who can show me it DIRECTLY. I need to get it into my mind DEEPLY! Smile.. Thanks Deatlev, and whenever I find out how to +rep you. I will! Very Happy

overbeck
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 19/10/2011, 8:20 pm

Thanks mate! Always fun to see someone appreciate a guide Wink

Added 1 item!
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/10/2011, 10:34 pm

cool pictures! I will +rep you once you put more items.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 20/10/2011, 5:09 am

Update
Added 4 new items ^^
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Black 20/10/2011, 3:07 pm

i think you deserve your first +rep man Very Happy.
Black
Black
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 20/10/2011, 3:10 pm

Thanks champ! ^^
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by carephh 20/10/2011, 4:03 pm

Thanks a lot!

carephh
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mractor 20/10/2011, 5:34 pm

Great Guide
Mractor
Mractor
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 20/10/2011, 6:03 pm

Thanks ^^ Happy flipping!
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/10/2011, 11:19 pm

Now I can +rep you. Thanks! Keep on adding more items!

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 23/10/2011, 2:02 pm

Quiet bump...
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by the original concurice 23/10/2011, 9:29 pm

I tried it but it did not come out as well as i thought

the original concurice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 24/10/2011, 5:37 am

Once again these are common items, public items
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by I Pk Yews I 24/10/2011, 5:42 am

Great guide but no need to give away your personal itmes =)
And since when have steel bars been giving out 50 gp margins Oo
I Pk Yews I
I Pk Yews I
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

http://www.runescape.com/game.ws?j=1

Back to top Go down

Post by aMpZ 24/10/2011, 5:51 am

Haha, maybe because of this bot update thing I just tried Steel Bars too, it's a 2gp margin now.

aMpZ
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 24/10/2011, 12:53 pm

These are not my personal items, and yes steel bars had a 50gp margin for days, at least when i flipped them.
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by jessemills 24/10/2011, 9:42 pm

@overbeck check out this thread http://www.smokinelite.com/t16655-a-crash-course-on-flipping-7-easy-steps-to-profit its the 7 easy steps on how to flip. Its pretty much everything you need to know to start flipping.

+rep is appreciated

jessemills
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 26/10/2011, 2:48 pm

I don't think you need to post a thread everyone knows about in my thread..
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deatlev 8/11/2011, 2:10 pm

*bump* since its updated ^^
Deatlev
Deatlev
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Black 11/11/2011, 9:59 am

i also want to dd if an item is raising they tend to have bigger margin this is not always the case but it its for like 90% of the items you would use.

Black
Black
Black
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoking Millions 16/11/2011, 4:07 am

Is this guide for me?...

Nice guide though...could come in handy for lots of new people who don't know how to merch!

Smoking Millions
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertyXz 16/11/2011, 7:48 am

Nice guide! This could come in handy Smile
qwertyXz
qwertyXz
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next