Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

+11
1PsYckO1
Lucky
Stealth
ViralBR0
TheBlob
Arch Serene
HearRoH
Jiggie
DoYouPlay_RS
Slycho
Kelly
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 Empty Re: ~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Post by Stealth 14/2/2012, 5:41 am

1PsYckO1 wrote:I knew I saw this before somewhere. http://abduzeedo.com/hell-tutorial-photoshop. Where do you go to find your tuts? I'd like to check them out myself. Smile

Yep thats the one i used for this haha, some of the steps werent worded very well so it was pretty though. I just google around for useful tutorials that id use in the future, but my best finds have been on deviantart.com. I have a folder full of them haha Very Happy they help give me a base for some sigs i have trouble starting. I followed that hell tutorial step by step, of course not exactly, and modified it in my own way, and did not steal the PSD.
Stealth
Stealth
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 Empty Re: ~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Post by TheBlob 14/2/2012, 9:37 am

Lucky wrote:
TheBlob wrote:
Spoiler:

Here's my attempt!

EDIT: Added some texturing

I wasn't sure what was meant by "3D" so I just made a 3d dragon mace and hoped for the bes? Very Happy
Below is the screenshot of me making it Smile
Spoiler:

My eyes... just.... affraid Shocked affraid Wow... that is stunning in detail... o.o

HAHA tyvm! ^_^

However, having just reviewed it, some of the edges need cleaning up, which I wouldn't have noticed had you not quoted it, so thanks! Very Happy
TheBlob
TheBlob
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 14/2/2012, 9:53 pm

TheBlob - You should create a guide on how you made that Razz I'd be interested to try. I have that program.

Stealthy2u - I do see how it's 3D... But I'd just try to give it more of a 3D feel. It feels more like it's a strain to see it's 3Dness, if that makes sense. Also, be sure to show renders, stock photos, etc that have helped you create your graphic.

Happy Valentine's day guys! You have until Friday, remember! Smile

Kelly
Graphics Manager
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ViralBR0 14/2/2012, 10:06 pm

TheBlob wrote:~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 3dsotw242textured-6

Here's my attempt!

EDIT: Added some texturing

I wasn't sure what was meant by "3D" so I just made a 3d dragon mace and hoped for the bes? Very Happy
Below is the screenshot of me making it Smile
Spoiler:

I only just saw this. It's a really nice model, but the render is bad. If you want I could render the model out for you, and you are free to use it for the SOTW. If you're interested PM me with a rapishare link. I just really like the model, and would love to see it rendered a bit better.
ViralBR0
ViralBR0
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xavy01 14/2/2012, 10:57 pm

Spoiler:

Owned photoshop for 2 days... xD I wanted to start doing this, and this abstract theme suited me...

Used a tutorial to make the sphere and then smudged it, the only stock I used was the SM logo
xavy01
xavy01
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 14/2/2012, 11:00 pm

Spoiler:

As sweet as that is...It isn't allowed. In the rules:

" Your entry must be your own work and made by you; stealing other people's work will not be tolerated."

I have this because this is a solo type of work, not co-working. However, if, in the future, you guys are truthfully interested in having things were you pair up and work together, but send me the file you used and went over who did what, I'd gladly do this for a future GOTM. However, for this specific SOTW, it is that person's specific entry. If you want to PM him some pointers, feel free, but by no means is he allowed to use something in which you created. I'm sorry.

Kelly
Graphics Manager

Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth 15/2/2012, 12:41 am

Edit: Ive added a little more to the sig to make it more 3D'ish

Entry: ~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 SOTW243DAttemptEdit

Stocks Used:

Code:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e176/Stealthy4u/Untitled_Texture_CXXXXXIV_by_aqueous_sun_textures.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e176/Stealthy4u/985088_37320590-1.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e176/Stealthy4u/995884_59661940.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e176/Stealthy4u/b17insektokutor075.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e176/Stealthy4u/b17insektokutor074.jpg

Stealth
Stealth
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ViralBR0 15/2/2012, 1:51 am

Kelly wrote:
Spoiler:

" Your entry must be your own work and made by you; stealing other people's work will not be tolerated."

I have this because this is a solo type of work, not co-working. However, if, in the future, you guys are truthfully interested in having things were you pair up and work together, but send me the file you used and went over who did what, I'd gladly do this for a future GOTM. However, for this specific SOTW, it is that person's specific entry. If you want to PM him some pointers, feel free, but by no means is he allowed to use something in which you created. I'm sorry.

Kelly
Graphics Manager

Fair enough Kelly Smile Blob I'd still love to get that model if you don't mind. I think it'd look brilliant once rendered using Vray or C4D.
ViralBR0
ViralBR0
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlob 15/2/2012, 2:25 am

ViralBR0 wrote:
Kelly wrote:
Spoiler:

Kelly
Graphics Manager

Fair enough Kelly Smile Blob I'd still love to get that model if you don't mind. I think it'd look brilliant once rendered using Vray or C4D.

I can send it to you after sotw (:

as for the renders, they were done in about 5 mins, they can be changed pretty quickly
TheBlob
TheBlob
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 15/2/2012, 4:12 am

Hey, while you're doing that, make a mini-guide of sorts on how the heck it works. I would bloody love to know how you created that Razz. I had troubles creating 3D text in that program XD Lol.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlob 15/2/2012, 10:18 am

Kelly wrote:Hey, while you're doing that, make a mini-guide of sorts on how the heck it works. I would bloody love to know how you created that Razz. I had troubles creating 3D text in that program XD Lol.

Sure thing Smile

As a heads up, try downloading "Blender" it's the program i used and it's completely free Very Happy
TheBlob
TheBlob
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 16/2/2012, 9:33 pm

Closes tomorrow around 4:00-7:00PM EST (9:00PM-12:00AM GMT). Let's get a few more entries in, guys! There's only four at the moment, that I recall.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Slycho 17/2/2012, 1:23 am

~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 Sotwtwentyfour

Render wrote:http://www.kamidogu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10170

Slycho
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 17/2/2012, 2:21 am

~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 Sotw24meh

Render I guess?:

I made it myself using 3ds last year.
Woulda done something more with the background ie made it transparent or something but the way I had to use the render I'd have to manually cut it out and frankly I have NO idea what I'm doing xD
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggie 17/2/2012, 8:36 am

~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 W99njs

It actually works a little Wink

Stock: (I rendered it)
Spoiler:
Jiggie
Jiggie
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phizzledawg 17/2/2012, 11:08 am

~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 Team3d_288x288

My entry. Did I misunderstand? Razz

(This is a joke, I wonder if anyone gets it? Please don't punish me for spam Razz And great entries everyone, they look cool! Wish I could do proper 3D modelling)
Phizzledawg
Phizzledawg
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlob 17/2/2012, 11:24 am

Jiggie wrote:~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 W99njs

It actually works a little Wink

Stock: (I rendered it)
Spoiler:

I Wish so much that i hadn't thrown my 3D glasses away from the cinema now! Sad
TheBlob
TheBlob
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by 1PsYckO1 17/2/2012, 2:27 pm

~*~ SOTW #24 ~*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED! - Page 2 Sotw_3d_surf_1

Surfs Up Wink
Spoiler:
1PsYckO1
1PsYckO1
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 17/2/2012, 11:29 pm

Voting is now up! Voting will continue until Sunday night, which the winners will then be announced Very Happy

Kelly
Graphics Manager and Graphic Design Team Leader
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlob 17/2/2012, 11:38 pm

good luck to everyone! (:
TheBlob
TheBlob
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 18/2/2012, 1:02 am

Slycho
The Blob
Jiggie

Top 3 by far in my opinion... not sure in what order... but my top 3
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggie 18/2/2012, 5:51 am

Voted for Stealthy. He just had the most elements working for him IMO, even if he did get most of it from a tut.

Would have voted for The Blob (like most other people did), but I'm ocd about shadows and it just seemed a bit off. Plus it was more of a plan graphic instead of a signature. Great work on it though.

I think mine is one of the most unique, but I doubt I will win anything xD
Jiggie
Jiggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 18/2/2012, 5:53 am

Jiggie wrote:Voted for Stealthy. He just had the most elements working for him IMO, even if he did get most of it from a tut.

Would have voted for The Blob (like most other people did), but I'm ocd about shadows and it just seemed a bit off. Plus it was more of a plan graphic instead of a signature. Great work on it though.

YUDOUBTYOURSKILLZ.... >.< I'm certain you'll do quite well.... at least in my opinion =3
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 18/2/2012, 6:27 am

Jiggie wrote:Voted for Stealthy. He just had the most elements working for him IMO, even if he did get most of it from a tut.

I voted for Blob's, as everyone else did. I really, really liked Stealthy's and Slycho's, but I felt that the black background that Stealthy had where it wasn't being occupied was just blank. I think it would have looked much better if he got rid of the excess black.

Jiggie, I have to talk to you soon, by the way ;3... It's important.

Kelly
Graphics Manager
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggie 18/2/2012, 7:00 am

Kelly wrote:

I voted for Blob's, as everyone else did. I really, really liked Stealthy's and Slycho's, but I felt that the black background that Stealthy had where it wasn't being occupied was just blank. I think it would have looked much better if he got rid of the excess black.

Jiggie, I have to talk to you soon, by the way ;3... It's important.

Kelly
Graphics Manager

And thus, the curiosity begins to kill me...
Jiggie
Jiggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next