Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bom's Guide to High-Wealth Flipping (200M+)

+28
MinhZor
xRicoo
I8URHOUSE
TerraBubble
Mr Leviathax
Azzill
Paradijs
headon45
puremage111
RsMerchanter
p0wndude21
Chonaic17
josephno1
davicross
Woah Rand
Merch me sideways
Julian
Spunq
dm-sins
Aiiight
deathray75
dyziek93
Giggolo Jo
Fatal
Reziony
VerMac
dutchy-moh
Bom
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bom's Guide to High-Wealth Flipping (200M+) Empty Bom's Guide to High-Wealth Flipping (200M+)

Post by Bom 4/5/2012, 3:07 pm

Guide to High Wealth Flipping

Introduction

High-wealth flipping is arguably one of the most profitable forms of Active Flipping. If you can afford it, Runescape money-making only gets easier from here. Profits generally range from 30-200M+ a day, and what's more, high-wealth flipping is amazingly fun!

To begin flipping high-wealth items, you will need around 200M+, because that's how much many of the items cost. I understand that many people will not have this amount, but this guide is something you can aspire to and also something which you may read over and use in the future; always think ahead!

If you stick to the other forms of flipping, I'm sure you'll end up being able to do this just like so many others before you, including myself king

Now, let's get started!

Items Frequently Flipped

When high-wealth flipping, there are a few items which are frequently flipped. These are rares and treasure-trail items. Below is a list of these items with a link to the GEC Graphs. These are all items which I have flipped and have recieved vast profits from in the past:

3a Full Helm
3a Kiteshield
3a Platebody
3a Platelegs
3a Range Top
3a Robe Top

3a Melee Set
3a Mage Set
3a Range Set
3a Prayer Set

3a Druidic Robe Bottom
3a Druidic Robe Top

Santa Hat

Blue Mask
Green Mask
Red Mask

Pumpkin
Easter Egg

Disk

Elysian Spirit ShieldDivine Spirit Shield

Green Partyhat
Purple Partyhat
Red Partyhat
White Partyhat
Yellow Partyhat

You may have noticed that I've not included Blue Partyhats. This is because they're above the GE value (usually around 2.5-4b) and so therefore involve cash + item trades, which are not recommended because you can sometimes get very badly ripped off and lose 100s of mills in a matter of minutes. Having said that, you can ofcourse also make 100s of mills in a matter of minutes; just like all forms of merchanting, if you take the risk you can get a lot out of it.

When To Flip?

There's never really a time when an item "cannot" be flipped as such, but there are times which are far more risky than others. For example, if an item is crashing, you may well lose money because it may fall in price whilst you're trying to sell it. This can become extremely frustrating, but I'll try to give a few tips on how to deal with these types of situations later on in this guide.

Contrary to what many people believe, the most profit from items (especially Partyhats) comes from when the item is falling. Many other merchants will panic sell and chuck their items in for extremely low prices. These are the ones you'll want to grab and then sell for a higher price. Often, you can get extremely nice margins off these flips (with Partyhats, 100M+ per flip).

You may hear people talk of "low-ball" offers; this is where you put a buy offer in the GE (usually at night or for a whole day) which is an extremely low price for the item you're trying to buy. The idea is that someone will panic sell and you'll get the item and be able to re-sell it for some nice, high and easy profit.

Finding the Buy and Sell Price

Needless to say, you're not going to find a high-wealth item's buy and sell price by using the simple method of buying high and selling low to find the instant buy/sell rates of that item. Doing this will lose you a fair bit of money.

Having said that, if you can afford multiples of an item (e.g. you intend to flip 2+ easter eggs at a time), then you may want to use that simple method because it does give you the EXACT prices. You'll make back your losses + more in one flip, and you'll know what the prices are for future flips. Furthermore, this is very useful if you've been outside of the market for a while and have no idea on the current prices.

NOTE: With the new GE update, you'll need multiple accounts to use the above method if your item's limit is just 2 per 4 hours.

However, assuming you don't want to lose any money, you could use one of the following two methods;

Method #1

You can put an offer in for +30% for ONE of the item and check what the instant buy price is (as if you were doing low-wealth flipping). What it buys for will be your sell price. Then, to find your buy price, you simply deduct the "usual" profit of the item. To do this, you'll need to use initiative, because you'll need to know if the item is stable, rising or falling to get a good idea of the profit margins. For example, say the usual margins of a Purple Partyhat were 10M. You instantly buy one for 960M. 960 - 10 = 950, therefore your buy price is 950M and your sell price is 960M.

To avoid losing any money, put the item which you instantly bought at @ the price you got it for (so using the above example, put your Purple Partyhat back into the GE for 960M), let it sell and then continue to flip the item using your new prices.

Method #2

Use the Runescape Official Forums and check our what people are offering for your items. There are numerous threads dedicated to giving price updates of the item (e.g. the Partyhat thread). However, be weary of people trying to manipulate the items by giving "faulse" price checks, as these are often just to make you buy/sell for the price they want you to rather than one which would benefit your.

You should also visit World 2 GE and see what people are offering there. Remember to also look at the graphs to see whether it's rising, falling or stable (also use your skills in predicting graph trends if you know how to do that) so that you have a basic idea of what the price movements are.

Finally, you should be aware that there are Friend Chats for constant updates on high-wealth items, including the buy and sell price. For example, "R Quark" is used for price checks on Partyhats, and "Nex and SS" is used for price checks on Spirit Shields and Nex items. Be sure to only listen to ranks, and even then be weary of manipulators. You just have to use your head; it's a dangerous market indeed, but also a highly profitable one. You have to risk it to get the biscuit!

What to do When an Item Crashes on You

There are two options here; either keep your item or sell it.

By keeping it, you'll be hoping that your item will then rise in price to what you paid for it, allowing you to sell it off with no losses at all, or even to still make a profit. However, there is always the risk that it may take days, weeks and months to return to the price of which you paid, or perhaps it may never return that price and may only keep falling. To know this, you'll have to use your head and look at it's History to predict its future price trends.

The second option and the one I usually use (unless I'm sure it will rise back to what I paid fairly soon) is to sell it. Now, this does not mean chuck it in for an instant sell; of course you must still seek the best possible price, just don't be too ambitious or risk holding onto it until it crashes more.

By selling it, you're freeing up money to continue flipping it with. With this money, you can flip back your losses and make profit. As an extra bonus, it may then rise while you hold it, meaning you've sold it, flipped it and invested in it to make a lot of money.

Alternatively, you could sell it and begin flipping a different item to make back what you lost, and keep an eye on your fallen item to re-invest in it in the hope of catching it on a rise.

So there we go, that's the end of this guide. I encourage you very much to ask questions on this thread, and through PM/IRC. I hope this guide has helped you and will continue to do so in the future!

Bom <3

Bom
Bom
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Bom's Guide to High-Wealth Flipping (200M+) Empty Re: Bom's Guide to High-Wealth Flipping (200M+)

Post by dutchy-moh 8/5/2012, 1:09 pm

can i use high wealth flipping with 120m?
dutchy-moh
dutchy-moh
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Bom's Guide to High-Wealth Flipping (200M+) Empty Re: Bom's Guide to High-Wealth Flipping (200M+)

Post by VerMac 8/5/2012, 1:54 pm

There is also a FC called something like "R Quary" Constantly updating street prices of all rares.
VerMac
VerMac
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reziony 8/5/2012, 5:58 pm

I've tried high wealth flipping but I don't like it at all. I managed to flip 2 easter eggs for 2M profit and 1 arcane spririt shield for 1M profit. It takes too long for such low margins.

I don´t have enough money to flip partyhats unfortunately Razz
Reziony
Reziony
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/5/2012, 7:34 pm

thnx for this !!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 9/5/2012, 11:15 pm

Reziony wrote:I've tried high wealth flipping but I don't like it at all. I managed to flip 2 easter eggs for 2M profit and 1 arcane spririt shield for 1M profit. It takes too long for such low margins.

I don´t have enough money to flip partyhats unfortunately Razz

I feel very akin to this. My spirit shield flips don't even see to go through. Idk, I always just assume I'm doing it wrong.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bom 12/5/2012, 4:37 pm

@ Rip that's already in there.

@ Dutchy yes you can flip things like Easters to get you use to the market Smile

@ Reziony it's not for everyone, but I'd highly recommend that you don't make any judgements until you've attempted your first 20 or so flips, and even then I'd recommend 50 more to make sure that you're not into it Smile

@ Dragon if you think you're doing something wrong then I recommend becoming a Mentee Smile

Bom
Bom
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggolo Jo 14/5/2012, 2:20 am

this is the kind of stuff im looking at doing, i think i will have to become a mentee to learn just that little bit more

Giggolo Jo
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by dyziek93 25/5/2012, 11:04 am

nice guide , i must try Wink

dyziek93
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by deathray75 2/6/2012, 10:58 am

will be useful when i get that kind of wealth

deathray75
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiiight 3/6/2012, 12:37 am

yeah, this will be perfect for when I get to 200m

Aiiight
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by dm-sins 5/6/2012, 9:55 am

OMG FINALLY FOUND A GUIDE!. Thanks Bom, hope to catch u ingame, got some questions to ask you. Also looking to joining a mentoring group!

dm-sins
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spunq 8/6/2012, 2:02 pm

Nice guide, never tried to flip 3rd age or rare:p But i may give it a go soon xD +1
Spunq
Spunq
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 10/6/2012, 4:57 pm

This guide really helped me Smile I can't wait to try it out, thanks for the help Smile
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merch me sideways 18/6/2012, 6:18 pm

ehh, not a fan of high wealth flipping, tried an eater once and got like 1.5m profit but it took about 2 days. Pretty long in my opinion
Merch me sideways
Merch me sideways
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Woah Rand 18/6/2012, 11:51 pm

Mirror,mirror on the wall whose guides r the best and should be shared with them all?
Answer BOM
Woah Rand
Woah Rand

Back to top Go down

Post by davicross 3/7/2012, 5:32 pm

You Flip those items Razz i just wish to have one.......my precious.....--"
davicross
davicross
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by josephno1 4/7/2012, 3:26 pm

hmmmm i find it hard to buy things like partyhats. it takes me like a couple of weeks to buy one on ge

josephno1
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chonaic17 8/7/2012, 3:52 pm

One day I will have enough money to use these guides

Chonaic17
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bom 8/7/2012, 4:05 pm

Thanks guys <3
Bom
Bom
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by p0wndude21 24/7/2012, 8:56 am

thank you Very Happy

p0wndude21
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by RsMerchanter 7/8/2012, 10:42 pm

therr r other items u can do

RsMerchanter
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by puremage111 12/8/2012, 6:52 am

oh well i finished reading the whole guide
1 word = nice Very Happy

puremage111
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by headon45 18/8/2012, 6:58 pm

nice guide if i ever get that amount of money ill def use this guide.
headon45
headon45
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradijs 18/8/2012, 11:25 pm

nice guide Very Happy
are there fc's for 3rd age and vesta's longswords too?

you should change Nex and SS to Nex N SS , they changed the name

+ rep
Paradijs
Paradijs
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next