Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Mentors section

5 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Mentors section Empty Suggestion: Mentors section

Post by Looding 31/5/2012, 4:26 am

So I've been lurking around Mentors section of the forum for some time (checking if active flipping apps are open).
What I see in the section is chaos - tons of people creating threads like "need a mentor" every single day and Kelly sending them all to a stickied announcement thread that actually has all information needed.
The suggestion is to forbid making new topics in the section to:
1. Keep it neat so its easier for newcomers to find ~*~*[Smokin Mils Official Mentoring System]*~*~ thread to avoid unnecessary questions.
2. Make moderation of the section easier.
3. Force people to read stickies.
4. Stop people posting the same thing over and over because "someone did it before, so I'll do it too"
Maybe it's a good idea to make a FAQ containing crucial information with "PM DARKIE or Kelly if you have any questions" in it to avoid it being in every single thread.
Maybe it's too harsh, because people may still have questions not covered in stickies. But those identical threads sure need to be deleted regularly or something, people just make more when they see one. I know you kind mods delete them but why do you keep newest ones?
Not ranting, just my thoughts about it.
Discuss.
Looding
Looding
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Mentors section Empty Re: Suggestion: Mentors section

Post by jellyyfishh 31/5/2012, 4:47 am

you cant really force people to read the stickies.. however i do agree with you that the posting should be blocked off from the public since they are mostly all posts saying i need/want a mentor.
jellyyfishh
jellyyfishh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by V5Z 31/5/2012, 4:52 am

My reccommendation for that section just make it where normal members cannot post there own topic.
V5Z
V5Z
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 31/5/2012, 5:24 am

jellyyfishh wrote:you cant really force people to read the stickies.. however i do agree with you that the posting should be blocked off from the public since they are mostly all posts saying i need/want a mentor.
V5Z wrote:My reccommendation for that section just make it where normal members cannot post there own topic.
The suggestion is to forbid making new topics in the section to force people to read stickies.

He is saying that forbidding normal members from making topics will force them to read the sticky....

I guess there's a simple irony of people not reading the post fully before posting about not reading the sticky fully before posting.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jellyyfishh 31/5/2012, 5:33 am

JIGL0JAY wrote:
jellyyfishh wrote:you cant really force people to read the stickies.. however i do agree with you that the posting should be blocked off from the public since they are mostly all posts saying i need/want a mentor.
V5Z wrote:My reccommendation for that section just make it where normal members cannot post there own topic.
The suggestion is to forbid making new topics in the section to force people to read stickies.

He is saying that forbidding normal members from making topics will force them to read the sticky....

I guess there's a simple irony of people not reading the post fully before posting about not reading the sticky fully before posting.
i had a brain fart and didn't process what he meant, oh well it happens to all of us at some point
jellyyfishh
jellyyfishh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 31/5/2012, 5:38 am

jellyyfishh wrote:I had a brain fart and didn't process what he meant, oh well it happens to all of us at some point

Lol you weren't the only one. I suppose it was more of me finding that silly. Razz
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Looding 31/5/2012, 5:47 am

Me Engrish is bat, sowwy. Large posts I make may cause brain farts and discomfort. I am the one to blame.
Looding
Looding
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by D avy 3/6/2012, 2:20 pm

Actually you can.
By putting a specified word in every stickied thread, they have to add all these words to their application (or PM so leaking through the applications is not possible).

In my Graphic Shop they need to add "Hi Davy" at the beginning of their request, it is at the end of my T.o.S and it says that they have to do it go get their request started.

So it IS possible to force them imo Very Happy
D avy
D avy
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down