Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?)

+5
Delta 7x
CrisoDer
JIGL0JAY
islumped
Road to Z1on
9 posters

Go down

Is there any interest in a coding section?

Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) I_vote_lcap53%Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) I_vote_rcap 53% 
[ 10 ]
Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) I_vote_lcap26%Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]
Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) I_vote_lcap21%Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) Empty Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?)

Post by Road to Z1on 25/6/2012, 11:03 pm

Hi guys!

My idea is to create a new section for people like me who're interested in coding.

Basic explanation of coding:
(For the people who have never heard of it)

Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding) is the process of designing, writing, testing, debugging, and maintaining the source code of computer programs. This source code is written in one or more programming languages. The purpose of programming is to create a set of instructions that computers use to perform specific operations or to exhibit desired behaviors. The process of writing source code often requires expertise in many different subjects, including knowledge of the application domain, specialized algorithms and formal logic.

With computer programming you can make whatever you like, a few examples which might benefit us merchanters:

- An autotalker without advertisement/risk of virusses (Scroll down for a screenshot!)
- A Flip calculator (Scroll down for a screenshot!)
- An easy to use agenda/notebook specially made for Long term Flipping/Investments

Whatever you can think of, Sky's the limit!

Within this new section, there should be a subgroup for:

- Tutorials/Guides
- Coding support/help
- Releases (Only downloadable content placed by one of the admin's/Section leaders ofcourse!)
- Requests

There could also be subgroups for different languages, such as C#, C++, Visual studio, etc.

Those are just a few of my subgroup idea's, feel free to come up with some more Smile

I'm asking this question because I've recently started a new topic about an autotalker (Which is locked now due to a wrong section)
Topic is over here!

In this topic I wanted to ask if there is any interest in an "AutoTalker" for Smokin Mils community.

Aside from that someone else opened another topic about a "Flipping Calculator" (Which I was already building for own purposes at that moment)
Topic is over here!

2 screenshots of what I want to release if I get the Admin's approval:

Spoiler:

That's about it, please contribute to the poll & dont hesitate to throw in some suggestions/ Ask me questions!

~Road to Z1on

Last edited by Road to Z1on on 26/6/2012, 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Road to Z1on
Road to Z1on
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) Empty Re: Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?)

Post by Road to Z1on 26/6/2012, 2:19 pm

67 views, only 5 votes and no reply's? ^^

~bump
Road to Z1on
Road to Z1on
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?) Empty Re: Section for programs (POLL: Is there any interest in a coding section?)

Post by islumped 26/6/2012, 11:20 pm

100% Support Very Happy
islumped
islumped
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 27/6/2012, 12:02 am

Road to Z1on wrote:Releases (Only downloadable content placed by one of the admin's/Section leaders ofcourse!)

As soon as I saw the thread title I was going to say eh.... it might lead to scamming, backdoors, and bots. But then I saw this above quote and I see you have good intentions. It might be nice to have a coding forum, perhaps a subsection of the computing section. I'd get behind this.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrisoDer 27/6/2012, 7:29 am

Support. Very Happy
CrisoDer
CrisoDer
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Road to Z1on 27/6/2012, 9:38 am

JIGL0JAY wrote:
Road to Z1on wrote:Releases (Only downloadable content placed by one of the admin's/Section leaders ofcourse!)

As soon as I saw the thread title I was going to say eh.... it might lead to scamming, backdoors, and bots. But then I saw this above quote and I see you have good intentions. It might be nice to have a coding forum, perhaps a subsection of the computing section. I'd get behind this.

Yeah that's why I made 3 entry's on the poll, 1 yes, 1 no and 1 yes but I'm scared for malware. My idea would be for programmers to PM a download link to a sectionleader with only the project files so that he can look into it. If he doesnt find any malware inside of the code, he will compile the program and create a download link for this forum.
Road to Z1on
Road to Z1on
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta 7x 27/6/2012, 8:41 pm

I think this would be pretty interesting, I definately support this topic. I just know basic Java coding (only enough to get simple apps on Androids to function and enough to make MineCraft mods), and I feel it would be a great opportunity for others to learn how to code if they want to, or if they know how to code they could teach others if they want.
Delta 7x
Delta 7x
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Mr J 29/6/2012, 1:51 pm

Lets try it out Smile

http://www.smokinelite.com/f156-programming-discussion
[ADMIN] Mr J
[ADMIN] Mr J
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bs merchants 29/6/2012, 2:45 pm

I think its best for the section to only post the source code of scripts. Posting anything compiled should be a very strong warning, and if it is deemed to be insecure by analyzing the assembler then it should be a straight ban.
bs merchants
bs merchants

Back to top Go down

Post by Road to Z1on 29/6/2012, 3:25 pm

bs merchants wrote:I think its best for the section to only post the source code of scripts. Posting anything compiled should be a very strong warning, and if it is deemed to be insecure by analyzing the assembler then it should be a straight ban.

I agree with that, however I do think it would be usefull if there is a section leader for this.

This section leader will keep a close eye on all the posts, making sure there will be malware posted.

Secondly people should be able to send their projects to him, he checks them for malware, if it's safe, usefull & not against the forum rules he compiles them & places a download link.
Road to Z1on
Road to Z1on
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 30/6/2012, 3:57 am

"Yes, i'd love to see helpfull programs released!"

I'm glad J is at least trying this Very Happy Maybe there could be some guides that could help with programming? I would be interested in learning basics Razz
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by WagerHost 30/6/2012, 4:04 am

I think the goal has been accomplished
Locked Smile
WagerHost
WagerHost
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down