Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images*

+3
Blood
hunter wade2
Julian
7 posters

Go down

*Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images* Empty *Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images*

Post by Julian 10/6/2012, 9:42 pm

Table of Contents:
1)Why Upload Images
2)How to Take Pictures of Your Screen
4)How to Put Them Into The Forum

1)Why Upload Images
Image sharing is a big part of any forum. You may want to share your achievements, drops, or just funny things that happen in game. Some things specifically that you may need to take pictures on this forum are Resource Caps, showing you are at a Clan Event, and even pictures of important trades for documentation.

2)How to Take Pictures of Your Screen
1. Find something to take a picture of. (Obviously)
Spoiler:
2. Press the keys [Fn] and [Prt Scr]. For some computers you just have to press [Prt Scr]. [Prt Scr] stands for print screen. The [Fn] or function key is mainly for laptops. The [Fn] key is located near the [Ctrl] key at the bottom left of your keyboard. The [Prt Scr] key is located next to you [F12] key.
Spoiler:
3. Go into your Paint program that should be default in your pc, I'm not sure about Mac. Once it's open, go to the top right and click paste. You can also download a free program called "Snagit" which when you press Print Screen, it lets you crop the picture, and then it puts it into a Paint like program. Here's where you can get a free trial. Snagit Download
Spoiler:
4. Then all you have to do is save it!

3)How to Put Pictures Into The Forum
Once you have saved you picture to your folder/desktop, look at the reply box for an icon labled "Host an Image". It looks like a picture with a disk in front of it. Then click that then choose your file location and you are all set.

There are also other websites that will do the same thing. Below is a list of safe sites to use. All of them are clickable and will take you to them.

• Tiny Pic
  • Photo Bucket
  • Image Shack
  • Free Image Hosting
  • Imgur

All of these sites are relatively similar. First you have to find where is says something like "Click Here to Upload" or "Choose File". Once you do that, and click "Upload", you will see a page that will have a bunch of codes. Copy the one that I circled below that starts with "[IMG]". All you have to do is then paste it in the forum and you're done!

*Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images* 2dY1n

Congratulations! You have uploaded a picture to your forum! If this guide helped please +rep!
*Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images* Jrs8kk

Last edited by Jewlian on 17/6/2012, 4:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

*Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images* Empty Re: *Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images*

Post by Julian 10/6/2012, 9:42 pm

Reserved for updates
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

*Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images* Empty Re: *Jewlian's Guide to Uploading Images*

Post by hunter wade2 12/6/2012, 8:04 pm

nice tut. I use a program called FastStone Capture 7.1 and it works great. Smile
hunter wade2
hunter wade2
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 12/6/2012, 9:30 pm

No one ever mentions this and I've always wondered why so now, guide maker, I shall ask you the same question:

Why not do everything you said up to the point of pasting the image into Paint and saving it, but then just uploading straight here from your desktop rather than going to some third-party site and uploading it there and THEN copying it here?
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 12/6/2012, 10:05 pm

Blood wrote:No one ever mentions this and I've always wondered why so now, guide maker, I shall ask you the same question:

Why not do everything you said up to the point of pasting the image into Paint and saving it, but then just uploading straight here from your desktop rather than going to some third-party site and uploading it there and THEN copying it here?

Fixed it.
There are many sites that you can share pictures and video files with. Here is a list of several of them. Just click on it and you will be sent to that site. The reason you use a site is because an image needs to be hosted to be put on any forum and not just copied and pasted into the forum.
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 12/6/2012, 10:10 pm

That doesn't answer the question at all, really.

There is a button above the reply box labeled "Host An Image".

Click that -> Click 'Choose File' -> Choose Your File -> Click 'Host' -> Copy and Paste the middle link into the reply box -> Click 'Send'

The picture has now been uploaded onto this site via servimg.

So again I ask you, why not just upload it straight from your desktop instead of saving it to your desktop/a folder on your computer, then uploading it onto a sharing site, THEN copying it here?
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 12/6/2012, 10:27 pm

Blood wrote:That doesn't answer the question at all, really.

There is a button above the reply box labeled "Host An Image".

Click that -> Click 'Choose File' -> Choose Your File -> Click 'Host' -> Copy and Paste the middle link into the reply box -> Click 'Send'

The picture has now been uploaded onto this site via servimg.

So again I ask you, why not just upload it straight from your desktop instead of saving it to your desktop/a folder on your computer, then uploading it onto a sharing site, THEN copying it here?

To be honest, I've never noticed that and ill fix my guide. Thanks alot Very Happy I feel quiet foolish :p
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 12/6/2012, 10:39 pm

Yay for teaching others my SECRET ways cheers
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Towno 13/6/2012, 11:32 am

Good guide, will help alot of people out. Smile
Towno
Towno
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Easy 14/6/2012, 5:08 am

This is a stickie, written by Mr J himself.

However, your guide is incredibly nice.
Easy
Easy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Backshot 6/7/2012, 6:03 pm

Great guide, this will indeed help many people out there! Oh and just if needed, I use a program called Gyazo in which when you open it you only have to highlight what ever you need for example when merching and it will automatically send it to their own website and from there you may download it and/or put it onto the forums Wink.
Mr Backshot
Mr Backshot
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 17/9/2012, 4:13 am

bump
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakan 8/10/2012, 10:11 pm

Another good program to use when taking screen shots is, if you have windows vista/7 (the program is built in), is to use the snipping tool, You can take a image of the whole screen or just a part of it, and it has simple tools you can use to blank/black out anything you want to, if any.
Drakan
Drakan
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down