Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching

+10
Dna
enemychris
Hybrid
jiggerypokery
vac33
TechHead
John Smidt
Louis2201
Else
Julian
14 posters

Go down

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching Empty Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching

Post by Julian 29/6/2012, 4:25 am

Introduction
I came up with this guide while doing Jad. I had to turn on just game volume for the fight and one of my flips went through. I tend to watch youtube videos while I merch and i thought this would keep me from clicking on Runescape every 30 seconds to see if my merch went though. So in this very brief guide I'm going to explain the setting you are going to want and why its more convenient and checking your screen too often.

Settings
First you are going to want to go to audio setting. This can be found by click the 'Gear' icon label 'Options' on your interface. I know it may seem like I'm pointing out the obvious but you can never be too safe.

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching Bush10

Once you are here, go ahead and lower all of the bars down to zero (All the way to the left) except the one labeled 'Sound Effects' which you want to put at the highest setting (All the way to the right). I also labeled which one is 'Sound Effects' for your convenience. What this does is it eliminates all Runescape sounds except thing like Grand Exchange offers going through or a *tick* noise for closing your bank.

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching Bush_210

Next you are going to click on your computers 'Sound' settings. This can most commonly be found in the bottom right corner of your PC. (Im not sure about Macs but I'm sure its obvious). You are going to want to click 'Mixer'. Once you have done so, find the volume of 'Java(TM) Platform SE binary'. This is the volume of your Runescape game. You may set that to whatever volume you want as long as its not on zero since you obviously want to hear it.

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching Bush_310

Now what you have done is that now you will only hear a sound when a Grand Exchange offer goes through!
* Also note that if you AFS with the Grand Exchange OPEN, it will not make a sound when your offer is completed.

Conclusion
Now what this all enables you to do is now you can freely look at other screens on your computer without wondering if your flip sold/bought or you finished selling 500m bananas.

I hope you enjoyed this brief yet helpful guide! Oh, and I killed the bush Twisted Evil Mwahahahahhah!

...bye

Last edited by Jewlian on 4/7/2012, 12:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching Empty Re: Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching

Post by Else 29/6/2012, 9:19 am

O didn't even think about that, thank you sir +rep
Else
Else
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching Empty Re: Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching

Post by Louis2201 29/6/2012, 9:36 am

Just a little correction, the sound settings of the pc are found on the bottom Right corner Wink

Oh and another suggestion, I sometimes just leave my mouse hovered, and follow it like that, here's a small screen of it :

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching Hoverr

As far as I know, the animation also plays when your mouse is hovered, so you can actually watch the progress.
This is merely a suggestion though, the sound effect thingy works fine as well I guess Wink

EDIT:
Here's another quick screen to make my point a bit more clear:

Guide to AFS (Away From Screen) Merching Hover2y

Louis2201
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Smidt 2/7/2012, 10:56 pm

that one works with Windows Aero, but not all systems support it Razz

John Smidt
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by TechHead 2/8/2012, 5:59 pm

*facepalm* I feel so stupid. Like you said, it's common sense. But I completely forgot about this. Thanks for reminding me, now I can watch my anime without flipping screens so much Very Happy.
TechHead
TechHead
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by vac33 7/8/2012, 4:39 am

I use this while doing online schooling Smile thought it was common knowledge

vac33
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by jiggerypokery 8/8/2012, 9:46 am

This is also extremely helpful for AFK Ivy or Runespan

jiggerypokery
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybrid 2/10/2012, 2:28 am

Thanks!

Hybrid
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by enemychris 3/10/2012, 2:40 pm

Nice guide jewlian. It might actually convince me to active flip again Smile or not. + repped
enemychris
enemychris
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dna 4/10/2012, 12:08 am

This is actually really helpful, not necessarily because of the guide but because I didn't realize you could make different applications have less volume..... thanks!

Also awesome pictures Very Happy
Dna
Dna
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MinhZor 9/10/2012, 9:31 am

LMAO smart!1 how did u figure this out =P

MinhZor
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by arrowd3mon 1/11/2012, 7:57 pm

ty dude... Very Happy

arrowd3mon
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by stakes20 4/11/2012, 6:24 pm

too bad this aint available in all versions of windows

stakes20
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by slay 14/3/2013, 5:41 am

Loving the humor in your post Very Happy

slay
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down