Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ability to lock your own threads?

+4
Dag
jamiekerk
Towno
Easy
8 posters

Go down

Ability to lock your own threads? Empty Ability to lock your own threads?

Post by Easy 17/7/2012, 2:11 am

I've seen successful forums where users are allowed to lock their own thread, so I'm wondering if that could be implemented on SM.

It would save the moderators a lot of work, since they won't be dragged all over the place to lock and unlock threads for people. (More useful for the Service/Black Market/Investment Bank section than anywhere else).
It'd also be more convenient for users, since they don't need to post a request for lock or stalk a moderator to lock thread.

Easy
Easy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ability to lock your own threads? Empty Re: Ability to lock your own threads?

Post by Towno 17/7/2012, 6:11 am

I sort of do and don't agree. I think it is a good idea but it takes away some of the perks you get for being a moderator.
Towno
Towno
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by jamiekerk 17/7/2012, 6:34 am

Towno wrote:I sort of do and don't agree. I think it is a good idea but it takes away some of the perks you get for being a moderator.

Locking threads isnt just a moderaters job. They tidy up and maintain the sections of the forum making sure threads are neat and tidy forward things onto admins etc.

Ability to lock your own thread would be a great idea yeah it will take a tiny bit of the work from a mod but i dont personaly see it as a bit thing.
jamiekerk
jamiekerk
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Towno 17/7/2012, 6:45 am

jamiekerk wrote:
Towno wrote:I sort of do and don't agree. I think it is a good idea but it takes away some of the perks you get for being a moderator.

Locking threads isnt just a moderaters job. They tidy up and maintain the sections of the forum making sure threads are neat and tidy forward things onto admins etc.

Ability to lock your own thread would be a great idea yeah it will take a tiny bit of the work from a mod but i dont personaly see it as a bit thing.

I think it would be a good idea, but i still think it might take away a perk that mods get, even though it's not very big, and I still agree with easy. Smile <3
Towno
Towno
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Towno 17/7/2012, 6:52 am

And another thing is that I think it might require too much time/work to implement such a thing, but guess its up to the admins to decide.
Towno
Towno
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 17/7/2012, 7:08 am

This is a good suggestion.

However, we do have this thread that an OP can post on in order to get their thread locked. I'm sure each moderator checks it multiple times each day (I do, at least), and it takes a few minutes at the most for us to lock any threads that need locked that an OP requested. I think it's just too much work to implement such a small change Razz
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 17/7/2012, 7:17 am

Dag wrote:This is a good suggestion.

However, we do have this thread that an OP can post on in order to get their thread locked. I'm sure each moderator checks it multiple times each day (I do, at least), and it takes a few minutes at the most for us to lock any threads that need locked that an OP requested. I think it's just too much work to implement such a small change Razz

Whenever I post there, the thread is usually replied to within an hour with the verdict (lock, move, etc) unless it's a non-peak hour (for example, a few hours ago is a bad time that most mods aren't on).

Also, I think that this forum doesn't support that sort of moderation control, but I could be wrong.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cald 17/7/2012, 7:28 am

Like Jiglojay said the forums most likely wouldn't support that kind of widespread moderation. There is also the problem that people may use this for wrong doings, i.e set up a service and scam and lock that thread and the vouch thread before people can post negative feedback. People might also see the report made against them but there's a slim chance they wont. In my opinion it's not needed as like posted above we have a great moderator team and you can expect threads to be locked within an hour of posting the request to lock.
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 17/7/2012, 12:08 pm

As above stated, it isn't an easy fix. Furthermore, moderating powers (even partial ones), are ones to be earned, so those that have them will not abuse them. The Global Mods do a fantastic job keeping the forums in check.

Plus, if you need a thread locked, moved, or anything else, there's a thread up where you can just post the link and a very short explanation (ie- question answered, lock).
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 18/7/2012, 1:26 am

My PM box is always open. Same for IRC (IRC nick is Lucky| )[That is a | not an l )

I'm more than happy to help out with locking/unlocking thread <3 But this ability for thread makers to do this for their own threads, is basically very unrealistic.
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down