Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ability for thread owners to lock their own thread(s)

+4
Heartstop123
JohnieQuest
cntr
Drakan
8 posters

Go down

Ability for thread owners to lock their own thread(s) Empty Ability for thread owners to lock their own thread(s)

Post by Drakan 10/1/2013, 3:11 am

I have been on a forum in the past, and there was a system in place very much similar to that of this forum; Mods could lock threads, but a feature which would be great to have is, to give thread owners the ability to lock their own threads (That forum possessed it), although We can do that right now, by messaging a mod and requesting the thread to be locked, It gets tedious at times, and would allow good flexibility for thread owners to control their threads (Allowing them to lock and open their threads as they wish/deem fit). I know certain risks, such as scammers coming to the report scammers section and would keep opening their threads and trying to spam, so an extra option can be added with the availability of this, a "Permanant Lock" option, which would lock thread permanently, without any chance of it being opened again. (Admins can get the power to unlock said thread)

But I am also not sure if this is possible with the forums current layout (phpBB/forumotion), as the previous forum I was on used vBulletin.
Drakan
Drakan
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ability for thread owners to lock their own thread(s) Empty Re: Ability for thread owners to lock their own thread(s)

Post by cntr 10/1/2013, 3:54 am

I agree with this it would make the mods job easier as well as allowing people to not only be able to post that a service or something is unavailable atm but make it so no one posts there until it is available
cntr
cntr
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ability for thread owners to lock their own thread(s) Empty Re: Ability for thread owners to lock their own thread(s)

Post by JohnieQuest 10/1/2013, 3:57 am

I don't believe these forums have that capability without changing around a ridiculous amount of settings (which would probably break something else).
JohnieQuest
JohnieQuest
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 10/1/2013, 5:29 am

What johnie said, however the alternative to PMing a mod would be posting on this thread: http://www.smokinelite.com/t38463-need-your-thread-moved-or-deleted-post-here and it will get locked rather quickly.
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy X93 10/1/2013, 4:32 pm

But it would be awesome to lock your own thread when necessary...
Galaxy X93
Galaxy X93
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 10/1/2013, 5:10 pm

Galaxy X93 wrote:But it would be awesome to lock your own thread when necessary...

While it would be nice, as stated above, it just isn't possible.

Besides, that would leave us mods without a job! Razz
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 10/1/2013, 5:11 pm

Mods could work on world peace and stuffz
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakan 10/1/2013, 8:39 pm

Heartstop123 wrote:What johnie said, however the alternative to PMing a mod would be posting on this thread: http://www.smokinelite.com/t38463-need-your-thread-moved-or-deleted-post-here and it will get locked rather quickly.

I am also aware of that thread, But I am proposing, that Doing this would allow thread owners to stop having to wait for a while to get their threads locked. It is fairly fast, and done quite quickly, But I have also seen times where it takes quite a bit of while. But If this isn't possible then, O well. Sad

P.S. Grats on the promotion to Mod Heartstop! Smile

Dag wrote:
Galaxy X93 wrote:But it would be awesome to lock your own thread when necessary...

While it would be nice, as stated above, it just isn't possible.

Besides, that would leave us mods without a job! Razz

Well, I don't think mods are there for just locking threads, Dag. Razz
They are also there to enforce the rules of the forum, they also have higher authority than an average member. Also, it would just significantly lower your work load, as not everyone will know how to lock threads, and you will be the only ones that can lock certain threads (The ones in the Forum Games section, like, "How trusted if the user above you", etc.)
Drakan
Drakan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 10/1/2013, 9:03 pm

As stated above by Johnie this simply isn't possible to give each user Mod rights on their specific threads in all the different sections they can post. While a nice idea, it isn't plausible.

Sorry =3

Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down