Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon

+12
immmdave
Kelly
Julian
EnterRiftSpc
Towno
Maff
Lucky
Stealth
Jiri
Grim IReaper
PRISM
DoYouPlay_RS
16 posters

Go down

Which one is best?

[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon I_vote_lcap52%[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon I_vote_rcap 52% 
[ 13 ]
[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon I_vote_lcap48%[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon I_vote_rcap 48% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon Empty [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 17/7/2012, 8:02 pm

Sorry, had to make a new topic because I couldnt make a new poll on the original one Sad Ive been busy and couldnt put voting up, but here it is. All entries will remain anonymous until the end, first one to 10 votes wins. If no one gets 10 votes, the person with the highest votes after 4 days wins. When you vote, please say which one you voted for and why so the designers can improve in the future. So without further ado, here are the entries:

Entry #1:
[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon Battledamonvdyp

Entry #2:
[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon Battledamonvsdyp

Rules:

Last edited by DoYouPlay_RS on 18/7/2012, 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon Empty Re: [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 17/7/2012, 10:02 pm

Guys, dont forget to say why you voted for the one you did
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon Empty Re: [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] GFX Battle - DoYouPlay_RS vs. xDamon

Post by PRISM 17/7/2012, 10:06 pm

I voted for number one, the whole monochromatic feel to it makes it look very armourish and reminds me that i have to play more runescape. The text also suits it well, but is hidding a bi too much.
PRISM
PRISM
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 17/7/2012, 10:08 pm

DoYouPlay_RS wrote:Guys, dont forget to say why you voted for the one you did

Sorry, I went with number two. I personally prefer the chaotic kind of signatures. And number one just seems very dull due to it being monochrome, and not much else going on around it.
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiri 17/7/2012, 10:21 pm

While number one is a very nice piece of GFX, I still went with number 2.
Number one just feels a bit too simple for a signature, it really feels like a photomanip and not that much of a signature.
Number 2's text could be improved though, I also dislike the border a little bit, doesn't seem to match the theme. Overall it's a better signature though, in my eyes.
Jiri
Jiri
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth 17/7/2012, 10:49 pm

I voted number one. The text in the second image just ruins it for me. The border also is very amateur. I prefer a basic Bold black border. The smoothness in the first image is very nice to look at, and refines the text. The lighting in the first one is very good in the first one as well, as the second one seems to have two entry points, below the dragon, and behind it. Both decent pieces, but the first one trumps.
Stealth
Stealth
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 18/7/2012, 2:40 am

If the voting was still open... I'd chose #1 simply because it fit the theme more... I'm not really sure what #2 is... >.<
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 18/7/2012, 2:41 am

Lucky wrote:If the voting was still open... I'd chose #1 simply because it fit the theme more... I'm not really sure what #2 is... >.<

Voting still is open
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Maff 18/7/2012, 2:45 am

Entry #2 because I absolutely love the coloring. Great work with the C4Ds as well Smile

Not sure how I feel about the borders though Razz
Maff
Maff
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 18/7/2012, 3:04 am

DoYouPlay_RS wrote:
Lucky wrote:If the voting was still open... I'd chose #1 simply because it fit the theme more... I'm not really sure what #2 is... >.<

Voting still is open

I didn't realise that since you linked the view results page over IRC lol!
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Towno 18/7/2012, 3:21 am

I voted number 2, it appeals more to me.
Towno
Towno
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 18/7/2012, 3:36 am

Voting closed. The winner is...

Spoiler:

This was alot of fun, I highly encourage others to copy what we did Very Happy
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 18/7/2012, 3:41 am

DYP could you perhaps explain what is in your Tag? I'm still not sure what exactly it is... ><
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by EnterRiftSpc 18/7/2012, 3:42 am

Two wins, idk it just appealed to me. My vote won it Very Happy, now who won?

EDIT: Sorry I'm blind... Grats DoYouPlay_RS and xdamon.
EnterRiftSpc
EnterRiftSpc

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 18/7/2012, 3:48 am

I think one. The lines are cleaner and more simplistic which I like.
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 18/7/2012, 4:44 am

Since people aren't aware of the winners being announced, I edited the poll so it will only run one more day. I can see if we can try to get this working to be a normal thing. I do like the idea of it. I think I'll send out a mass PM to the graphics section, see what people think of the idea.

Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by immmdave 18/7/2012, 5:04 am

i voted for entry number one because it looked way clean.
immmdave
immmdave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth 18/7/2012, 5:12 am

I love these Signature battles. I used to do these in another gfx forum Very Happy they're lots of fun.
Stealth
Stealth
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by jigglehippo 18/7/2012, 9:23 am

Voted for the 1st one because the picture matches the theme =)
jigglehippo
jigglehippo
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xDamon 18/7/2012, 2:44 pm

Congratz DYPRS Smile
xDamon
xDamon
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by PRISM 18/7/2012, 2:47 pm

i hadn't noticed the black border arouns signature #1, not good! Evil or Very Mad
PRISM
PRISM

Back to top Go down

Post by helloim96 5/1/2013, 8:03 pm

1 all the way!
helloim96
helloim96
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by todgott 5/1/2013, 8:36 pm

please do not gravedig, thanks
todgott
todgott
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down