Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font

+2
Saber
xavy01
6 posters

Go down

[Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font Empty [Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font

Post by xavy01 20/7/2012, 1:39 pm

You will need to first download Visitor Font from dafont.com

Now, install Visitor TT1 BRK from the zip file

In photoshop, select this font and type out whatever you want. Then you will need to set the colour to the hex code #fff600 and the font size to 9.

To get the black outline on the text, go to layer effects and then stroke it black with 1px.

Now, it looks a bit strange still so you will need to go to the character palette. You can get this up by pressing Window in the menu strip and then Character.

Now, make sure all of your settings here look the same as below:

[Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font D77386207ee59507aa8ea49356121d5c

The main change from the default is that the horizontal scale is set to 110% as opposed to 125%. This changes the gaps between the characters from being 2 pixels to only 1 pixel, giving us this beautiful badge look!

You can see the differences below:
[Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font 844471828d0c512126fdaf6b61c915d2

xavy01
xavy01
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

[Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font Empty Re: [Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font

Post by Saber 20/7/2012, 1:50 pm

Thanks, +rep for this. I actually was wondering this the moment I found this post Very Happy
Saber
Saber
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

[Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font Empty Re: [Guide] - How to Create the Badge Font

Post by Tuff Tiga 20/7/2012, 3:28 pm

Images look broken to me.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saber 20/7/2012, 3:33 pm

Tuff tiga wrote:Images look broken to me.

look harder ^_^
Saber
Saber
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 21/7/2012, 6:46 am

Added [Guide] in front of the title and adding it to the list of guides Smile Thank you for said guide I love you
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xavy01 21/7/2012, 8:26 am

Kelly wrote:Added [Guide] in front of the title and adding it to the list of guides Smile Thank you for said guide I love you

Thanks Smile
xavy01
xavy01
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 21/7/2012, 12:43 pm

There is one thing that needs to be mentioned. There's no official colour for the text. Badges such as the MineCraft, Trusted and VIP member badges all user a darker shade of yellow. But badges like Rank and Trainee Manager all use a bright shade of yellow.
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xavy01 21/7/2012, 1:49 pm

Grim IReaper wrote:There is one thing that needs to be mentioned. There's no official colour for the text. Badges such as the MineCraft, Trusted and VIP member badges all user a darker shade of yellow. But badges like Rank and Trainee Manager all use a bright shade of yellow.

Very True, I just checked, I also never noticed!
xavy01
xavy01
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkElite 21/7/2012, 2:28 pm

ok thanks
DarkElite
DarkElite
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 21/7/2012, 3:38 pm

rtruth040xx wrote:ok thanks

*cough* Post count whore. *cough*
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down