Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamiteh's Investment log

+3
enemychris
mypet tr0ll
Mr Kennedy
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yamiteh's Investment log Empty Yamiteh's Investment log

Post by Yamiteh 3/9/2012, 7:00 pm

1st Investment: Healing aura scroll
Reasons I invested:
  • Upcoming GWD rework(Unicorns are one of most useful familiars in PvM)
  • Daily average line was below 20 day average and it had a formation of upside turned peak.(This is mentioned in "Investing guide: no support/resistance levels)

Graph before investing(I know, I was bit late):

Yamiteh's Investment log Graph10

Buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log Buy10
Sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log Sell10
Profit: 1481678 (30,2%)
Time taken: 1 day Very Happy

2nd Investment: Amulet of magic(t)
Reason I invested:
  • Price was at 1 year low
  • I needed a f2p item to invest in on my f2p def pure I barely play on Razz

Graph before investment:
Yamiteh's Investment log Graph11

Buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log Brez_n11
Sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log Sell11
Profit: 1,748,483(77.6%)
Time taken: ~3 weeks.

Note: Price of this item rarely updated. It didn't acctualy rise to 100k but it sold for that. I am thinking I accidently made an inactive flip instead of investment. However the insta buy of the item was in fact far 20k above mid so I suspect it might be an investmetn after all. Also I am putting pics of graphs after sell from now on.

3rd Investment: Clean avantoe
Reason I invested:
  • Upcoming 2x xp weekend, with herblore probably being one of most trained skill on bonus xp weekends and extreme attacks one of most common methods.

Graph before investing: N/A, I know I said I'll be including graphs, but this was purely update based investment.

Buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log Buy11

Sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log Sell12
Profit: 15,780,000(18.7%)
Time taken: About a week

Comment: I've bought it several days after 2x xp was announced. I was already late with the buy. I could've maybe waited until the actualy 2x xp until I sell my stock, but I wanted it safe. Price I was selling at was already above 1 year high.

4th Investment: Water talisman
Reason I invested:
  • It has risen alot during bonus xp because it's used for summoning. After bonus xp was over it obviously began to crash. It has crashed below it's Pre - bonus xp price, so I've bought some. I was few days late, but I still made some nice profit.

Graph before investing:
Yamiteh's Investment log Graphb10

Graph after investing:
Yamiteh's Investment log Grapha10

Buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log Water_10

Sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log Water_11

Profit: 3373200 (45.45%)
Time taken: Around 5 days

Comments:
With this investment I've reached my first green cash on this f2p account Smile (got 11m atm + 1.5m items)

5th Investment: Spirit kyatt pouch
Reason I've invested:
  • This was a post bonus xp investment from way back in september 2012. After bonus xp most people would have used all their charms during it, thus the demand for the pouches would decrease(they are closest teleport to a summoning obelisk) + alot of pouches were made during the bxp weekend and dumped on the GE. I thought prices would crash and eventually stabilise some time later.

Buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log Buykya10

Sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log Sell_k10

Profit:-6.56m(-4%)(estimate)
Time taken: 5 months(could've probably sold earlier, but I was hoping for a profit eventually)

Comments:
Well as you can see this has been a failed investment. After EoC got announced(days after I bought my stock) I guess there was some major panic of wildy not being multi, pking ruined etc. Kyatts were moving up and down ALOT. they got to 7k at one point and were rising to 12k commonly. I thought eventually they would go to my goal price (16k each). Just few weeks ago 4 of the kyatts have sold at 16k each but the pouches have since crashed again. I've decided I got enough of it, I wanted my cash back so I can invest more. I put a sell offer at my buy price and they've sold during the 8 days I wasn't online.

6th Investment: Rocktail

Reason I invested:
  • Jagex has announced a nerf to the healing abilities. Before you could VERY EASILY do slayer and many other things without even needing food causing the demand to fall. Also the Kalphite king and ranged slayer dungeon updates were approaching raising the demand for high level food.

Graph before my buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log Rockta11

Buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log Rockta10

Sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log Sell_r10

Profit: ~98k(~0.15%) <-- Hey that's not a loss
Time taken: About a month or so
Comments: During that time I wasn't active on RS. As you can see on the before graph pic I've already started stocking too late when the price has already risen a bit. It took few weeks to sell my stock at about break even price. Also, the healing abilities nerf wasn't THAT bad. You can still do plenty of slayer tasks without healing especially if you have SGS/EEE.

7th Investment: Prayer potion(4)
Why I invested:
  • The graph was approaching it's support level. When I've noticed it only fell by 0.5%, I've pced it in game and realised its insta buy was already 300 gp above market. I was able to stock on some potions for just few 10 gps above market overnight.

Graph before the investment:
Yamiteh's Investment log Pray_b10

My buy:(bought at 2205 ea)
Yamiteh's Investment log Ppotbu10

Graph after the investment:
Yamiteh's Investment log Ppot_a10

My sell:(sold at 2815 ea)
Yamiteh's Investment log Ppot_s10

Profit: 2439390 (27.7%)
Time taken: Only about 2 days!

Comments:
Pretty sure this is my first non update based investment and it went great. I could've stocked up a bit earlier, but when I've pced in game the item was still heavy below market which scared me. I still stocked up at a pretty low price. Maybe I could've sold the pots for higher but I didn't feel comfortable doing it. Don't know why, maybe I just thought that prayer isn't that good anymore and there was acctually a resistance level at around 2.8k(back from 3-4 months ago though). Also I've remembered too late that I could have possibly also invested in prayer flasks and possibly increase my profits. Anyway the prayer potions have only a 1k/4 hrs limit so I couldn't invest alot of cash into it. I think I still made a great profit.

8th Investment: Saradomin sword

Why I invested:

• The sword was really low. I was guessing it will hit a strong support level soon(last time it was that low was months ago and it hasn't been that low ever since) + I didn't know of any updates that could possibly affect it's price. Also I thought it is a safe investment because even if it crashed, it probably wouldn't crash hard. I've been pcing SS a bit and when I've noticed the insta buys/sells were already close to med/above med I started stocking.

Yamiteh's Investment log Ss_bef10

My buy(s):
Yamiteh's Investment log Ss_buy10
Yamiteh's Investment log Ss_buy11
Yamiteh's Investment log Ss_buy12

Graph after the investment:
Yamiteh's Investment log Ss_aft10

My sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log Ss_sel10

Profit: 4,993,458 (3.4%)
Time taken: About a week

Comments:
I've started stocking when the line was getting flat. I don't really remember if insta sell was already above mid, but it was sure very close to it. I've stocked for about 2 days then began to sell for few gp below med when it started to crash. I sold before the crash appeared on map. Saw it would crash when I did my daily PC. This is my first investment that I found browsing among "Top falls (%)", instead of "Bottoming out items". I think I made a nice investment choice. I just wasn't lucky enough for it to rise a bunch.
Also, notice how in pics it says I bought 1 more ss than I sold? Must have confused a spare ss I had in my inventory for a pc and sold it without screenshotting.

9th Investment: Bandos godsword

Why I invested:
  • It was nearing it's support level

Yamiteh's Investment log Bgs_be10

My buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log Bgs_bu10
Yamiteh's Investment log Bgs_bu11

Yamiteh's Investment log Bgs_af10

My sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log Bgs_se10

Time taken: Few days
Profit: 484,462 (0.3%)

Comments:
On the "After the investment" graph it looks like the item is still rising. Well judging by in game price checks, it wasn't. When I first saw the Insta buy was few k below the market I hesitated to sell a bit(it was at night, thought it had something to do with it), but then next day I sold my stock after seeing the situation hasn't got any better. This looked like a perfect investment item with it bouncing right at the support level, being below the 20 day average, line starting to get horizontal as it was falling... But it started to fall soon. Not sure why, could be luck I guess or could the Instanced GWD announcement have something to do with it.

10th Investment: Dragon pickaxe

Why I invested:
  • This was my first swing trade. I saw the graph had a nice formation. It had those nice diagonal resistance/support levels and the graph has "touched" them a few times before.

Graph:
Yamiteh's Investment log Dpick_10

My buy:
Yamiteh's Investment log D_pick10

My sell:
Yamiteh's Investment log D_pick11

Time taken: Less than 24 hours
Profit: 1,455,944 (3.2%)

Comments:
When I noticed the item had a nice swing trade formation I was already too late. When I pced the price was about 200k above mid. I've put an offer for some dragon pickaxes at several 10k below insta sell price to make sure I am not buying them for too high.
I guess it was a nice investment, but could go better if I saw this earlier(could also get more stock).

Last edited by yamiteh on 4/4/2013, 11:26 pm; edited 25 times in total
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Yamiteh's Investment log Empty Re: Yamiteh's Investment log

Post by Mr Kennedy 3/9/2012, 8:32 pm

This is a great short-term investment, now all you got to do is practice timing and your on your way to Greatness Wink

Keep this up, I would love to see more.

Last edited by Mr Kennedy on 3/10/2012, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Kennedy
Mr Kennedy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 4/9/2012, 6:00 pm

Mr Kennedy wrote:This is a great short-term investment, now all you got to do is practice timing and your own your way to Greatness Wink

Yeah thanks. I am now busy with school and stuff, so I will do mostly investing, so got alot of time for practice Razz
I am running 2 more investments atm, but I think they won't be such big profit % :/. Still learning tho Smile
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by mypet tr0ll 6/9/2012, 12:48 pm

Nice work Yamiteh, it's good to see that you've used update investing as a key indicator for that investment. They always turn out great.

Keep up the good work! :p
mypet tr0ll
mypet tr0ll
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 6/9/2012, 1:05 pm

mypet tr0ll wrote:Nice work Yamiteh, it's good to see that you've used update investing as a key indicator for that investment. They always turn out great.

Keep up the good work! :p

Thanks, I will.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 6/9/2012, 1:27 pm

My other investement didn't go so well :/
It was furies and I thougth it might rise because of upcoming GWD update + it was near all 1 year low. But then new amulets were announced so I guess some demand for furies went slightly down or people panic sold idk, anyway I managed to get away with a small loss.

Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by enemychris 3/10/2012, 11:17 am

yamiteh wrote:My other investement didn't go so well :/
It was furies and I thougth it might rise because of upcoming GWD update + it was near all 1 year low. But then new amulets were announced so I guess some demand for furies went slightly down or people panic sold idk, anyway I managed to get away with a small loss.

Awww that sucks Sad. Don't be scared of investing again though you were just really unlucky that jagex bought them out at a bad time. I also was invested in something when jagex annouced the new items and lost 200m+. But i carried on investing and i have made all of it back now through investing Smile. Keep up all your hard work and work on some new investments.

Nice log, Keep up your hard work Smile
enemychris
enemychris
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 3/10/2012, 4:19 pm

enemychris wrote:

Awww that sucks Sad. Don't be scared of investing again though you were just really unlucky that jagex bought them out at a bad time. I also was invested in something when jagex annouced the new items and lost 200m+. But i carried on investing and i have made all of it back now through investing Smile. Keep up all your hard work and work on some new investments.

Thanks.
I'm not scared to invest I know I just had bad luck and it happens.
Acctually I'm going to update the log now.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by enemychris 3/10/2012, 5:18 pm

yamiteh wrote:
enemychris wrote:

Thanks.
I'm not scared to invest I know I just had bad luck and it happens.
Acctually I'm going to update the log now.

Very nice investment, so as soon as you finish a investment put it in this log because it is one of the factors that helps us know how you are progressing Smile
enemychris
enemychris
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Kennedy 3/10/2012, 9:15 pm

yamiteh wrote:
Mr Kennedy wrote:This is a great short-term investment, now all you got to do is practice timing and your own your way to Greatness Wink

Yeah thanks. I am now busy with school and stuff, so I will do mostly investing, so got alot of time for practice Razz
I am running 2 more investments atm, but I think they won't be such big profit % :/. Still learning tho Smile

You'll be getting better and I know it's tough with school because I'm going through the same thing but the fact that your Investing and still keeping up with school shows that you're really dedicated to learning more. ( Stay in school! It comes first. )

Keep up the good work Very Happy
Mr Kennedy
Mr Kennedy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 4/10/2012, 2:37 pm

Amulet of magics are now rising! I could've maybe waited a bit more to sell, but I still made sweet profit and at least I know my prediction and determination of support level was right.

Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 20/10/2012, 11:24 am

Log updated!
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by enemychris 27/10/2012, 7:32 pm

Hey yamiteh, your most recent investment is very impressive. It's nice to know that you are now confident with update investments, well done! It's also good to see you weren't greedy with your investment and used evidence from the graph for when to sell, you really are improving!

You could also look into investing in a item that people do not need over bonus xp weekend. It will need to be a item people will buy back after bonus xp weekend so it rises. Just a idea Smile.

Anyways you are doing great! Keep up all the hard work and make sure that you include a graph of before the investment and a graph of after the investment.

enemychris
enemychris
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 21/11/2012, 3:09 pm

To all who read my weekly report: I know I've promised I'd update my investment log soon, however I lost the pictures of buy and sell of the item I was investing(It was black kiteshield(g), and I bought at around 100k sold at 200k. It was probably a mix of investing(price rose) and overnight flipping(was still able to sell high above market)) and I apologise for that.

On the good news: There is still some investment ongoing but it's being delayed by a lot because of EoC....
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 24/11/2012, 2:58 pm

Sorry. I've realised I've also lost the buy pictures of my currently ongoing post 2x xp investment. I probably won't update this flipping log until my investments are over/prices settle from EoC.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 25/11/2012, 1:55 pm

Hey Yamiteh,

Nice Margins on your investments! I love the Avantoe investment.

I can see you did put quite some time into your log. Are you doing any investments at this moment? Lots of items changed value due EOC, maybe you can make a nice investment there.

You updated your log on 20 Oct, thats over a month agow. Im more then curious if you made any money investing, so I would love to see an update Smile

Keep going! Smile

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to pm me or any other investment mentor! (Irc or forum pm)

Adri

edit
Spoiler:
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 26/11/2012, 1:25 pm

Hi adri!

I have done black kiteshield (g) f2p investment. rose from ~100k-130k I think. I sold for more though so nearly doubled my cash. As I've said tho I lost the pics of it.

I am running another invesment atm. It's a post bxp investing that's taking aloot longer than it should thanks to eoc... I can post here what it was after I am done with it. Though I have also lost it's buying pic so I probably won't include that in a log either.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 26/11/2012, 2:02 pm

yamiteh wrote:Hi adri!

I have done black kiteshield (g) f2p investment. rose from ~100k-130k I think. I sold for more though so nearly doubled my cash. As I've said tho I lost the pics of it.

I am running another invesment atm. It's a post bxp investing that's taking aloot longer than it should thanks to eoc... I can post here what it was after I am done with it. Though I have also lost it's buying pic so I probably won't include that in a log either.

Thanks for the quick response!

Im more then curious now! Smile Nice black kiteshield (g) merch! Very Happy

Looking forward to it! Smile

Adri
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 7/12/2012, 3:34 pm

Log updated!

Thanks alot to the mentors for accepting me back to this group!

EDIT: This is not the post bxp investment I was talking about. That one is still ongoing :/
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skiller402 14/12/2012, 11:44 pm

Nice investments keep up the good work Very Happy
Skiller402
Skiller402
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 16/12/2012, 11:15 pm

Thanks.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 23/12/2012, 3:12 pm

Love the water talisman Yama!

Keep up the good work Smile Seems like you're getting some nice investment experience!

If you need any tips, help or you've any concerns, feel free to message me, or any other investment mentors, trough forum pm or irc!
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 26/1/2013, 2:34 pm

Hey Yamiteh!

You've not posted on this thread for one months and and week (17 dec 2012), can you please tell me what is up and when you're going to update this thread? You can msg me reasons via Pm if you wish!

Best of luck with your futher investments!

Adri
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 26/1/2013, 5:09 pm

Hi!
I've been not active on RS itself now. Last logged in 6 days ago sorry!

Anyway remember that post bxp investment? Well realised 4 of the items have sold lol there might still be hope.

Aside of that I have 2 more update investments atm(1 on f2p 1 on p2p).

I've also invested in xmas tree hats before(I normally don't do this, but I thought if fish masks rose that much xmas hats should too). I lost like 10m(but made it back soon in some DP)
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 29/1/2013, 11:34 pm

yamiteh wrote:Hi!
I've been not active on RS itself now. Last logged in 6 days ago sorry!

Anyway remember that post bxp investment? Well realised 4 of the items have sold lol there might still be hope.

Aside of that I have 2 more update investments atm(1 on f2p 1 on p2p).

I've also invested in xmas tree hats before(I normally don't do this, but I thought if fish masks rose that much xmas hats should too). I lost like 10m(but made it back soon in some DP)

Hello Yamiteh!

Ive spoke to you over IRC a few days agow.. Im glad you finally sold your BXPW investment!

Unfortunetly, the item we were talking about, Isn't doing too well for you because you bought in at a quite high price.. Hopefully you'll breakeven!

Hope to catch up with you soon again! Best of luck.. and if you need me, you know where to find me!

Adri

EDIT: even if you lose on an invetment, its not a bad idea to upload it! Smile
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next