Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing

+6
zjk
Mark
[ADMIN] Tiggy
Daxaal
Pruxis
hammer man25
10 posters

Go down

[EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing Empty [EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing

Post by Pruxis 23/11/2012, 9:17 pm

Evolution of Fishing

Welcome to my second guide for Runescape, I hope you will enjoy it!

Requirements
    • Atleast 30 Fishing
    • Completion of Shilo Village
    • A Fly fishing rod attached to your toolbelt.
    • Lots of feathers!
    • Recommanded : 76 crafting for using Decorated fishing urns
    • Recommanded : 74 summoning for using a Granite lobster familiar
    • Recommanded : Karamja gloves 3
      -- Alternative : House located in Brimhaven which requires 40 construction

Inventory

[EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing Inventory

Route

Use your House Teleport or Karamja gloves 3 to teleport near your destination!
    • House Teleport Route : Left side of the picture
    • Karamja gloves 3 Route : Right side of the picture

You can fish at both sides and you can swap quite fast with the agility shortcut!

[EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing Route

If you have used a House Teleport tablet and walked towards the Travel Cart then pay-fare towards your destination!

[EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing Payfare

Now walk north towards the fishing spot and (or south if you use Karamja gloves 3) and start fishing!

[EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing Demfish

Getting started
    • Fish untill you have a trout and a salmon and then put them both into your ability bar on top of the number you'd like to use to drop them.
    • Now fish untill your inventory is full!
    Spam the two keys you have binded to drop the salmon and trouts!
      *note: for some reason trouts seem to bug out often and do not always respond to the bind, just rebind them and you can continue*

• Now you are able to do this inventory after inventory to gain lots of fishing experience!

Experience rates

• These are being calculated!

Questions

If you have any futher questions or any feedback to give please post it below or simply sent me a Private Message.
Also if you liked my guide and want me to make another EOC - Skilling guide then just PM me with any sort of request.

I have enjoyed creating this guide, I wish you all best of luck in achieving that wonderfull 99 fishing!

Last edited by Pruxis on 23/11/2012, 10:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Pruxis
Pruxis
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

[EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing Empty Re: [EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing

Post by hammer man25 23/11/2012, 9:20 pm

I would reccomend for a gear setup, to use the Fishing outfit you get from the minigame, Fish Flingers, and running from your house, instead of that, pay the 10gp cost for the cart ride down to Shilo.
hammer man25
hammer man25
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

[EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing Empty Re: [EOC] Fastest Experience in Fishing

Post by Pruxis 23/11/2012, 9:27 pm

hammer man25 wrote:I would reccomend for a gear setup, to use the Fishing outfit you get from the minigame, Fish Flingers, and running from your house, instead of that, pay the 10gp cost for the cart ride down to Shilo.

I was thinking of the gear setup a while ago but I do not have enough points yet to show the full outfit in the guide :p
And I'll change the route part I never walked to Shilo before only for the quest so I didn't know that about the cart.

Thank you!
Pruxis
Pruxis
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 24/11/2012, 4:52 am

What about barbarian fishing is that still effective with low alching or is this faster?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pruxis 24/11/2012, 8:47 am

Daxaal wrote:What about barbarian fishing is that still effective with low alching or is this faster?

I have fished at both Barbarian and Shilo Village. The catch rate at Shilo is slightly higher which means you will gain a lot of fishing experience more when you fish there instead of fishing at Barbarian. If you combine the fishing with low alching then you might find that Shilo Village is fishing to fast and Barbarian will be a bit slower and that will probably be perfect to low alch between catches.

I'm going to try it out if it's very effective at Shilo Village, I'll sent you a PM with the results.
Pruxis
Pruxis
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Tiggy 24/11/2012, 11:47 am

Pruxis wrote:
Daxaal wrote:What about barbarian fishing is that still effective with low alching or is this faster?

I have fished at both Barbarian and Shilo Village. The catch rate at Shilo is slightly higher which means you will gain a lot of fishing experience more when you fish there instead of fishing at Barbarian. If you combine the fishing with low alching then you might find that Shilo Village is fishing to fast and Barbarian will be a bit slower and that will probably be perfect to low alch between catches.

I'm going to try it out if it's very effective at Shilo Village, I'll sent you a PM with the results.

Then you were doing barb fishing wrong.

Minimise the chat box then stick each fish on an ability key. Turn your mouse to one click then spam click the bottom 1/3 of the key to drop all your fish. Takes ~4-5 seconds to drop an invent.

At 74 fishing I found fly fishing (was done at eledinis caves, which is better than shilo) to be around 60k xp an hour, where as barbarian fishing was 77k xp + ~6k agility + 6k strength.

For me, barb fishing takes the prize. Shilo is however, more afkable.
[ADMIN] Tiggy
[ADMIN] Tiggy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pruxis 24/11/2012, 12:06 pm

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:

Minimise the chat box then stick each fish on an ability key. Turn your mouse to one click then spam click the bottom 1/3 of the key to drop all your fish. Takes ~4-5 seconds to drop an invent.

At 74 fishing I found fly fishing (was done at eledinis caves, which is better than shilo) to be around 60k xp an hour, where as barbarian fishing was 77k xp + ~6k agility + 6k strength.

Barbarian Fishing at Barbarian Outpost isn't the same as fly fishing at Barbarian Village fishing.
If you're barbarian fishing then you catch these cut-able fish which doesn't allow you to drop it from your ability bar unless you cut it and then drop the gut.
Pruxis
Pruxis
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Tiggy 24/11/2012, 12:12 pm

Pruxis wrote:
[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:

Barbarian Fishing at Barbarian Outpost isn't the same as fly fishing at Barbarian Village fishing.
If you're barbarian fishing then you catch these cut-able fish which doesn't allow you to drop it from your ability bar unless you cut it and then drop the gut.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. Read what I said.
[ADMIN] Tiggy
[ADMIN] Tiggy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pruxis 24/11/2012, 12:16 pm

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:

Even though there is a high chance that the Ability Bar is being modified for skilling purpose aswell which was answered in one of the Q&A sessions of the Live EOC changes. And then it's deffinatly worth it to fish at Barbarian Outpost if you meet the requirements atleast. Although I don't think there is a Fish Flingers teleport near that so that's probably the only negative point if you're fishing there.
Pruxis
Pruxis
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Tiggy 24/11/2012, 12:17 pm

Pruxis wrote:
[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:

Even though there is a high chance that the Ability Bar is being modified for skilling purpose aswell which was answered in one of the Q&A sessions of the Live EOC changes. And then it's deffinatly worth it to fish at Barbarian Outpost if you meet the requirements atleast. Although I don't think there is a Fish Flingers teleport near that so that's probably the only negative point if you're fishing there.

You can already use the ability bar at barb outpost. The only difference is it's not the first option.
[ADMIN] Tiggy
[ADMIN] Tiggy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pruxis 24/11/2012, 1:03 pm

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:
Pruxis wrote:
[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:

You can already use the ability bar at barb outpost. The only difference is it's not the first option.

Yea I do know that but you can not use the ability bar to drop them without having to click by yourself. But still if you use mousekeys it's quite effecient to drop them.
Pruxis
Pruxis
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Tiggy 24/11/2012, 1:15 pm

Pruxis wrote:
[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:
Pruxis wrote:
[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:

Yea I do know that but you can not use the ability bar to drop them without having to click by yourself. But still if you use mousekeys it's quite effecient to drop them.

All you have to do is spam click one spot for ~4 seconds.... It's not exactly hard, and it doesn't interupt your fishing. It's also ~20k fishing xp faster than shilo
[ADMIN] Tiggy
[ADMIN] Tiggy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pruxis 24/11/2012, 1:27 pm

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:

All you have to do is spam click one spot for ~4 seconds.... It's not exactly hard, and it doesn't interupt your fishing. It's also ~20k fishing xp faster than shilo

Still if you're studying or doing anything else whilst you're gaining fishing experience it's usefull to just hold 1 button and continue fishing instead of having to spamclick for 4 seconds which will mostly distract me from my work.

But everyone plays like he desires to ^^
Pruxis
Pruxis
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark 29/11/2012, 3:35 am

the spot under edgeville is also quite good for trout and salmon, using the same method listed above. unfortunately, if you would like to bank all the fish shilo is better but for people who cant/dont have the quest completed right below edgeville is basically the same thing(:
Mark
Mark
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pruxis 29/11/2012, 4:36 pm

Heavens Sake wrote:the spot under edgeville is also quite good for trout and salmon, using the same method listed above. unfortunately, if you would like to bank all the fish shilo is better but for people who cant/dont have the quest completed right below edgeville is basically the same thing(:

If you are afk'ing you might not notice the difference but when you're really trying to get the max out of Shilo Village and Edgeville then you can notice a slightly lower catch-rate at Edgeville but that doesn't really matter when you're studying or doing whatsoever whilst you're fishing.

Sincerely,
Pruxis
Pruxis
Pruxis
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by zjk 1/5/2013, 8:21 am

sweet!

zjk
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrodoTBaginz 5/6/2013, 6:54 pm

Thanks for the guide. I'm trying to get my 90 fishing for PoP and I'm super lazy+like afking. Major help. +rep.
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by colombian 5/6/2013, 11:30 pm

Enjoyed the guide! might've needed a few more things but overall awesome =)!
colombian
colombian
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crayons. 10/6/2013, 6:47 pm

Nice guide, but isn't c2 fishing faster ? :p
Crayons.
Crayons.
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 10/6/2013, 7:06 pm

Crayons. wrote:Nice guide, but isn't c2 fishing faster ? :p

Someone a long while back said they had nerfed c2 fishing somehow so not sure if it's still as well as it once was or not.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crayons. 10/6/2013, 9:58 pm

Gummy wrote:

Someone a long while back said they had nerfed c2 fishing somehow so not sure if it's still as well as it once was or not.

c2 Fishing is like 100k/h at 90, they nerfed it by making it so one of the fishing spots in each room would give half xp, and the rest give full xp still.
Crayons.
Crayons.
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by colombian 10/6/2013, 10:06 pm

Crayons. wrote:
Gummy wrote:

c2 Fishing is like 100k/h at 90, they nerfed it by making it so one of the fishing spots in each room would give half xp, and the rest give full xp still.
woooow jagexx -.-!
colombian
colombian
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down