Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's make it easier?:P

3 posters

Go down

Let's make it easier?:P Empty Let's make it easier?:P

Post by Princess Toon 10/3/2013, 3:01 pm

Hey everyone

Currently. The 07 market is quite hard to understand because everyone uses their own measurement of calculating the price for 07gp in equivalance to USD or EOC gold. What I propose is that we all use the same form of measurement when talking about price for 07gold. That will stimulate the transparancy of this market and will make it easier for the customers to calculate how expensive (or in-expensive!) one might be.

What I propose is that we all put in our titles (or threads) what 1m 07gold is in either USD or EOC gold. That way, it will make everyone's lives easier Very Happy
Princess Toon
Princess Toon
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Let's make it easier?:P Empty Re: Let's make it easier?:P

Post by Gummy 10/3/2013, 3:30 pm

While this could work in the long-term, I don't believe currently there are a lot of members (in this community at least) that have millions for sale. The general sales that I've seen range from ten thousand up to a few hundred thousand. Adding say .25/mil or 120M/1M EoC:07 (just an example) when you have only 150,000 to sell will make for even more math to be done.

Currently 1K = ~100K so easy to say 1M = 100M, 500K = 50M and so forth, but if you say 100M/1M, now you have to backtrack the math until you reach how much 150,000 would be (15M being the answer).

Not saying that it can't be done, but I don't believe the current sales would allow for that to be a better alternative to how it is now or at least that is how I see it.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 10/3/2013, 7:23 pm

Gummy wrote:While this could work in the long-term, I don't believe currently there are a lot of members (in this community at least) that have millions for sale. The general sales that I've seen range from ten thousand up to a few hundred thousand. Adding say .25/mil or 120M/1M EoC:07 (just an example) when you have only 150,000 to sell will make for even more math to be done.

Currently 1K = ~100K so easy to say 1M = 100M, 500K = 50M and so forth, but if you say 100M/1M, now you have to backtrack the math until you reach how much 150,000 would be (15M being the answer).

Not saying that it can't be done, but I don't believe the current sales would allow for that to be a better alternative to how it is now or at least that is how I see it.

The general consensus is that most people have at least 100k in one way or another (not hard to do at all), so that's 1/10 of 1m.

Because 07 gold prices are not in the decimals like EoC GP is, 07 gold CAN backtrack. It was good to work with 100ks when everyone was just starting out. But now people have 10m+ gold. The gold prices are hovering at about 100m:1m (100k:1k) which means that when they drop below 100k, it's going to be easier for everyone to just say "80m:1m" . All you have to do is move back one space and say "8m:100k" and so on. It's not that confusing.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 10/3/2013, 7:29 pm

JIGL0JAY wrote:
Gummy wrote:While this could work in the long-term, I don't believe currently there are a lot of members (in this community at least) that have millions for sale. The general sales that I've seen range from ten thousand up to a few hundred thousand. Adding say .25/mil or 120M/1M EoC:07 (just an example) when you have only 150,000 to sell will make for even more math to be done.

The general consensus is that most people have at least 100k in one way or another (not hard to do at all), so that's 1/10 of 1m.

Because 07 gold prices are not in the decimals like EoC GP is, 07 gold CAN backtrack. It was good to work with 100ks when everyone was just starting out. But now people have 10m+ gold. The gold prices are hovering at about 100m:1m (100k:1k) which means that when they drop below 100k, it's going to be easier for everyone to just say "80m:1m" . All you have to do is move back one space and say "8m:100k" and so on. It's not that confusing.

Never said it was confusing. My point is that the term 'mils' or 'per mil' is used with EoC because everyone has and sells mils at a time. With '07 servers the majority of people don't yet have mils upon mils and of those who do not all sell said mils and mils and especially in this community specifically as I mentioned above, the general sales is still in the 50K-500K range. I also didn't mention that the math would be difficult hence my example of 150K at 100K/1K being 15M - very simple math. The point I was trying to make was that x/mil doesn't really work if people aren't generally selling mils to begin with. However I am not in charge of making prices what they are nor the set phrase used to sell it. If '07 gold sellers wish to use x/mil right now then that's up to them.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down