Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition)

+2
K ratos
Lauri
6 posters

Go down

Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) Empty Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition)

Post by Lauri 24/6/2013, 9:19 pm

Welcome to my first guide! I hope to give you some good tips and maybe some new training locations to help you level woodcutting faster.

Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition)

Basically woodcutting is one of the most popular non-combat skills for free to play users. With each level up, a player will be able to cut trees faster than previously. For every improvement in hatchet used, from bronze to rune, one's Woodcutting speed increases.
Free players can only cut regular, oak, willow, maple, and yew trees. Previously, the maple trees were members-only, but the log itself was non-members. The Dungeoneering update of 19 July designated a hidden dungeon where free players with a Dungeoneering level of 30+ could cut them.
Woodcutting starts off quick to train in free-to-play as locations for cutting trees are numerous and experience gains are high. However, one must have a certain amount of patience to continue training Woodcutting at higher levels since free players have fewer kinds of trees and locations to choose from than members.

Equipment

A hatchet is the main tool required for woodcutting. There are many different hatchets available to free players, ranging from bronze to rune. It is recommended that players use the best hatchet available for their Woodcutting level if they can afford it as a better hatchet improves woodcutting speed.
Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) I4l0r4
NB! YOU CAN NOW ADD ANY KIND OF HATCHET TO YOUR TOOLBELT!
Woodcutting urns are also useful for training Woodcutting in free-to-play. Urns provide bonus experience while training skills. While a player is woodcutting and holding an urn in his inventory, the urn will collect 1 bonus experience point for each 5 experience points gained. Once full, the urn can be teleported to Ernie for bonus experience.
Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) 35nao36
Cracked woodcutting urn gives you 160 bonus xp for 800 xp earned from cutting normal logs.
Fragile woodcutting urn gives you 425 bonus xp for 2125 xp earned from cutting trees up to willows.
Woodcutting urn gives you 825 bonus xp for 4125 xp earned from cutting trees up to maples.

Trees
There are five types of trees available to F2P players to cut: normal, oak, willow, maple and yew.
Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) 300ba78

Training methods
Before training Woodcutting, consider whether or not you want to sell the logs you collect, use your logs to train Firemaking, or just drop them. If selling, make sure to find a bank near where you will be cutting trees. If burning, either bank your logs to burn later or burn them once you have a full load. It's best to decide this in advance as training Woodcutting is a great way to make money or to train Firemaking at no cost to yourself.

Trees (Level 1-15)
(1-15) Experience needed: 2411
Logs needed: 97 (2425xp)
Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) 24mzvx4
One of the best spot to cut regular trees and bank them is in Draynor Village just next to the market. You can also cut them anywhere else, in GE for example.

Oak Trees (Level 15-30/60)
(15-30) Experience needed: 10,938
Oak logs needed: 292 (10,950xp)
Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) 30co9iu
I cut oaks also in Draynor Village, there are 4 trees quite close to each other and it's very close to the bank. Another good place would be West of Varrock (next to the city wall).
After 30 woodcutting you could start cutting willows but I wouldn't recommend it as you can get much better xp/h with oaks and they are worth more. I started cutting willows when I was nearly 60 woodcutting.

Willow Trees (Level 30/65-45/99)
(30-45) Experience needed: 48137
Willow logs needed: 714 (48195xp)
(30-99) Experience needed: 13,021,056
Willow logs needed: 192,905 (13,021,087.5xp)
Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) 21mb78h
There are many wonderful spots to cut willows. If you want to bank willows, then Draynor Village is your best bet. But if you don't want to train in that crowded place and you want to maximize your xp/h, then I recommend to start power-training. I usually cut willows near the lake between Lumbridge and Draynor Village, but there are some good spots near Port Sarim and Rimmington also.
With cutting willows you could already start thinking of going straight to 99 because you won't get better xp/h than powercutting willows with urns, but if you need some money then feel free to start cutting maples or yews.

Maple Trees (45/80-60/99)
(45-60) Experience needed: 212,172
Maple logs needed: 2,122 (212,200xp)
(45-99) Experience needed: 12,972,861
Maple logs needed: 129,729 (12,972,900xp)
Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) Abs7iw
Since 19th July free players got access to cut maples. You will also need 30 dungeoneering to get on the island.
You shouldn't start cutting maples before ~80 woodcutting because they are too slow xp/h before that.

Yew Trees (60/85-99)
(60-99) Experience needed: 12,760,661
Yew logs needed: 72,919 (12,760,825xp)
Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) 2lo21ig
In my opinion there are two good spots to cut yews in F2P. One is in Edgeville and second is behind the Varrock Castle. There are some spots near Lumbridge and south of Falador but they require too much running.
Yews are highest levelled trees in F2P and they are quite good money makers if you have high woodcutting level. As mentioned before I wouldn't start cutting them already on level 60 as they are way too slow then. Think about cutting yews when you already have 80 or 90 woodcutting.

Tips
1. Always use the best hatchet available!
2. You can put any kind of hatchet to your toolbelt now!
3. If your spots are too crowded try using French or Spanish worlds!
4. If you're not powercutting then always chat with people or watch movies, other ways you might get bored too quickly.

I hope this guide helped some of you and see you soon cutting some trees!

Some credits also goes to runescape.wikia.com where I got some images and a bit additional information.

Last edited by Vunkstah on 25/6/2013, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Lauri
Lauri
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition) Empty Re: Woodcutting Guide (F2P Edition)

Post by K ratos 24/6/2013, 9:49 pm

This is a nice guide imo, it covers pretty much all there is to training wc in f2p.

Personally I would've added a little more colour but it's fine the way it is. Smile

As for training firemaking while wcing, I'm pretty sure it's more effective to bank your logs and either burn them or sell them and buy logs to burn than to burn them after you've cut them..
Don't quote me on that Razz

+rep
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JeeOh 24/6/2013, 11:02 pm

Good to see a new member contributing, nice guide. Could include rough time taken for each section.

+rep
JeeOh
JeeOh
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 25/6/2013, 2:44 am

This is a great guide, Vunkstah! Smile I like how you added the charts from RS Wiki. It's something simple, but is also something that a lot of people don't think to include, and it's very helpful Smile

Great work all around, and I look forward to seeing what future guides you have in store for us Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauri 25/6/2013, 9:14 am

Thanks guys!
I edited the guide and added:
- XP for every woodcutting urn available in F2P.
- Experience needed for unlocking next tree.
- Experience needed for going straight for 99 (with willows, maples and yews).
- How many logs has to be cut to unlock next tree.
- How many logs has to be cut to go straight for 99 (with willows, maples and yews).

I'm looking for adding XP/h for every tree but it's hard to track them in F2P, so if someone wants to help me out a little and track them with RuneScript, it would be awesome.

Also I was wondering if all people know how to get into French, Spanish etc. servers?
And how many people know how to drop logs efficiently with EoC actionbar?
Lauri
Lauri
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 25/6/2013, 1:48 pm

Lauri wrote:Also I was wondering if all people know how to get into French, Spanish etc. servers?
And how many people know how to drop logs efficiently with EoC actionbar?

I do personally but I still think it would be a great addition to the guide! Smile
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 26/6/2013, 9:25 pm

Great guide Smile I love how you included pictures to help explain things clearer. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe bolding some important text, but other than that, it's excellent Smile
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunny1337 24/7/2013, 10:36 pm

Really nice guide, i never thinked of talking with other players or watching a movie now when i got 2 screens Razz Also thanks for the tip about only cutting yew at 80 or 90+.
Bunny1337
Bunny1337
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down