Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis

+4
K ratos
lil_me
[ADMIN] Billious
Tuff Tiga
8 posters

Go down

Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis Empty Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis

Post by Tuff Tiga 4/7/2013, 6:09 pm

With the release of the new high level (90+) magic equipment, we have seen an extremely high guide price on the GE for these pieces. For now, we can safely agree that this is because either a) None are in the game or b) There are very few (2-5) in the game.

Looking at the stats of each piece (courtesy of RS Wiki):

Tectonic Mask, Robe Top, Robe Bottom                          

Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis C5ac6865afe4bbaa72b0dfad4dddf150Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis 8fd78a508e9cb9f2270140ac9ab3a52fTectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis 55221829fd58b355c52ba5d2c441573b
We can see that the stats given here gives some exceptional bonuses to your character in game but how do they fair in comparison to the Virtus Equipement.

Virtus Mask, Robe Top, Robe Bottom

Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis 673a217b4677e49780c3aa21f14f5edcTectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis 4106d0167ac32e90bd61e6a1660ce8dcTectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis 15f76fc04037885b82e1d7accca10130

From the images we can see that the Tectonic Mask, Robe Top and Robe Bottom give the same amount of prayer bonus as Virtus armour. Though now with EoC some can argue that prayer doesn't benefit AS much as it did pre EoC. Unless you of course are using Torment, and killing Dagannoths prayer would help but with the prayer bonuses being the same, we probably won't being seeing people using this armour around much. With no additional critical bonuses and not a mass increase in LP boost or armour boosts, I don't think we will be seeing the price any higher than what it is already. Instead, we may see a crash in price.

Now looking at the weapons themselves this is where the big money can be raked in, if you are flipping them.

Comparison Screenshots:

Seismic Wand VS. Virtus Wand

Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis ZHGLTvS

Seismic Singularity VS. Virtus Book

Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis 002c0ea943168455cd666b2e95f20c90

From those two screenshots, we can see that Jagex gave a nice boost to the level 90 wand and off-hand weapons. A nice figure from Virtus to Seismic. Now with a GE guide price of 500M and 300M respectively, we may see a slight dip in price but not a whole lot compared to what may happen to the Tectonic Armour. With the boost of 553 from the Virtus Wand, we could see a really good magic weapon for quite some time.

What do you guys think will happen to the price of the new armour and weapon?
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis Empty Re: Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 4/7/2013, 7:05 pm

Well the new armour doesn't look that good, but the biggest flaw is that it degrades and can not be repaired. Once you wear it it becomes untradable and eventually turns to dust after use. These items are going to tank bad until they are cheap enough to justify buying disposable armour for pvp.

The weapons however are a vast improvement on virtus and will hold a high price for a fair amount of time until enough get onto the market. But as with drygores they will eventually fall as players get to grips with this new boss. The fact that the boss changes from week to week will slow this process, but it can't stop the inevitable oversupply of the market.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis Empty Re: Tectonic Armour + Seismic Wand/Seismic Singularity Price Analysis

Post by lil_me 4/7/2013, 7:26 pm

can not be repaired? well atleast the game has a money sink ( and I'm not talking about the loss you get killing the boss Wink )
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 4/7/2013, 8:20 pm

lil_me wrote:can not be repaired? well atleast the game has a money sink ( and I'm not talking about the loss you get killing the boss Wink)

Yeah what I see Tectonic going to is around the price of Virtus, perhaps lower B/C of that money sink.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 4/7/2013, 8:37 pm

Will they only degrde in combat? Because if not I think the price will stay higher simply because people like to show off nice armours Razz

I think it will eventually drop below virtus and stay there.
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 5/7/2013, 12:01 am

K ratos wrote:Will they only degrde in combat? Because if not I think the price will stay higher simply because people like to show off nice armours Razz

It will only degrade in combat, just like all the others of its kind
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 5/7/2013, 4:27 am

Tuff Tiga wrote:
K ratos wrote:Will they only degrde in combat? Because if not I think the price will stay higher simply because people like to show off nice armours Razz

I'm not so sure about this. Old pvp armours like vesta's decay after 60 minutes of wearing it, not from use, which is why it becomes untradable the moment you put it on. Since Jagex have said that this new armour becomes untradable as soon as you equip it makes me think it has a timed lifespan and not a damage use one like virtus.

"Note that the tectonic armour cannot be traded once it has been equipped. The seismic weapons work in the same way as other degradeable weapons - as soon as they start to degrade, they are untradeable until repaired."
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 5/7/2013, 12:49 pm

Billious wrote:
Tuff Tiga wrote:

I'm not so sure about this. Old pvp armours like vesta's decay after 60 minutes of wearing it, not from use, which is why it becomes untradable the moment you put it on. Since Jagex have said that this new armour becomes untradable as soon as you equip it makes me think it has a timed lifespan and not a damage use one like virtus.

"Note that the tectonic armour cannot be traded once it has been equipped. The seismic weapons work in the same way as other degradeable weapons - as soon as they start to degrade, they are untradeable until repaired."

Interesting, on the wiki page it says 'full degradation takes 10 hours' but it doesn't say whether that's only in combat or not.

Seeing it becomes untradeable once you equip it I'm guessing you don't have to be in combat for it to degrade..? scratch
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 5/7/2013, 1:24 pm

wand/book will stay very high as theres a damand and hardly a supply (the boss is incredibly hard)

However the armour, which is expensive atm, will drop as the demand is definetly not high Razz Only reason its expensive is because its new and theres hardly any supply
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow 6/7/2013, 4:12 pm

Just for the record, armors degrading or disappearing over time is not a money sink. That's an item sink.

2 Very different things.

The items that are dropped by monsters do not create the money that exists in runescape, at least not the high value armors (since no one alchs them).

When these armors degrade, there is no money actually lost from the game.

As for prices, I am probably going to buy the wand/sing as an investment sunday or monday. I think the wand is near a low point, has already exhibited a leveled out state... and is pretty darn cheap considering it's stats. Still really risky to invest in these items tho just yet, so definitely not suggesting anyone else do it Razz .
Snow
Snow
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardian20 6/7/2013, 6:45 pm

Anyone thought of the strong possibility that Jagex will utilize their latest armour tier update system on this new set of armour when they see how quickly it degrades in value? It may be going out on a very weak limb to bank on it, but I have a gut feeling they might boost the new armour if it is only as good as the armour a few levels below it, and especially if it is meant to compete/parallel the top gear armour for the rangers and warriors.
wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrodoTBaginz 7/7/2013, 11:10 pm

Is there a discussion thread on the forums/ a FC?
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 8/7/2013, 2:52 pm

I'm not sure if there is one on the official RS Forums, nor if there is a FC for them. I'm pretty sure there is as Merchz.com has the weapons.

In other news, the wand is well above 600M Razz hitting sometimes 900M.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrodoTBaginz 8/7/2013, 4:22 pm

I tried to get on an buy one yesterday afternoon but the Internet was way too slow... Missing out on so much money making this summer :@
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 8/7/2013, 4:33 pm

FrodoTBaginz wrote:I tried to get on an buy one yesterday afternoon but the Internet was way too slow... Missing out on so much money making this summer :@

ya i had a 23m flip on the wand, and like 5m on the orb. alot of money to be made
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 9/7/2013, 8:15 am

Drygore pcs has changed and now covers these along with the ascension xbows. "90weaps pc" is the new chat and the status thread on rsof can be found by googling "high level weapon status".
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down