Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me choose a color scheme for a logo

+24
Chipmunk01
Zombeh
Dag
GRayne1994
Mooge
Daddy
pokeguyx
Froggie
KetchupFTW
Drakan
Nightl0ck
Wackmack5
BamZam
Sir Dan
Minato
attk master
Leakee
AgentPerry
Michael
colombian
Dory
K ratos
Fatal
Daxaal
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help me choose a color scheme for a logo Empty Help me choose a color scheme for a logo

Post by Daxaal 12/8/2013, 1:23 pm

Hi everyone Smile

Just recently I managed to purchase a logo for a forum I might be making. I don't really know any html/css/php etc. so I don't know how far I'll go :Pbut still should be a fun project to try. Anyway I want to hear your opinions and votes on which colour scheme looks best for my logo. Currently in the spoiler there are 4 different variations of the same logo and I would like you to post on this thread with your vote using the code template provided below. After you have made your vote I'll +rep it Smile. At the end of the week I'll also give a thanks(3 rep) to the person that I feel made the best/most constructed feedback post.

Some more basic info on what the forum would be about.
The forums I might be making would be one about business and employment. I guess the best way to describe it would be is that it would be something similar to the site LinkedIn but with different features Razz

Spoiler:

Code:

[color=cyan]My vote is: [/color]
[color=cyan]Reason: [/color]
Example post
My vote is: logo 3
Reason: Because it has a strong contrast between background and text
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Help me choose a color scheme for a logo Empty Re: Help me choose a color scheme for a logo

Post by Fatal 12/8/2013, 2:13 pm

Number 3 looks most professional in my opinion.

EDIT: I forgot how to read temporarily. Never mind Smile
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Help me choose a color scheme for a logo Empty Re: Help me choose a color scheme for a logo

Post by K ratos 12/8/2013, 2:21 pm

My vote is: Logo 1
Reason: It seems the most 'natural' to me, which is what I think you're going for because of the leaf in the logo. Smile
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dory 12/8/2013, 2:38 pm

My vote is: 2
Reason: I think it goes with the leaf better than 1. What if BE was a third color btw? It'd make all 3 words stand out instead of it looking like GROWN TOBE at the first glance (minus the space in the middle ofc)
Dory
Dory
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by colombian 12/8/2013, 5:32 pm

My vote is: 4
Reason: It looks not only the most simple, but the colors of the logos stand out more (in my opinion) than the other three. Also, when you start thinking about growing the forum/website and you start to advertisements, the white will stand out way more against other competitors (never seen a white logo for advertisements). A good example of one that is white outside and simple design that works is "Google". Hoped that helped a bit Razz
colombian
colombian
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 12/8/2013, 5:33 pm

My vote is: 3
Reason: In my opinion it looks the best by far.
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by AgentPerry 12/8/2013, 5:54 pm

Reason: Stands out and is looking good to the eye. I also like a black background a lot better for forums.
AgentPerry
AgentPerry
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 12/8/2013, 6:03 pm

My vote is: 1
Reason: Looks natural as the frontal colours compliment the background colour.
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 12/8/2013, 6:07 pm

I like 2 the best, the black leaf compliments the green and is appealing to the eye. Number 3 is good but white on black is a bit too bland and unappealing to the eye.

A light turquoise seems to complement the black very nicely:

Spoiler:

Or perhaps a cream would do nicely.
attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 12/8/2013, 7:15 pm

My vote is: Number 1
Reason: I just find it most appealing.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Dan 14/8/2013, 12:44 am

Reason: The black background makes the letters and the leaf stand out more.
Sir Dan
Sir Dan
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 15/8/2013, 8:12 am

Reason:  Black feels more professional & assuring as compared to No.1 & 2
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackmack5 15/8/2013, 10:18 pm

Reason: I choose number 3 because I believe the black backround gives a dark contrast to the white lettering.  The green is also a nice match with the setup.  This logo also will be easy on the eyes for anyone that will be on your forum late at night.
Wackmack5
Wackmack5
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 20/8/2013, 11:24 am

bump
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightl0ck 21/8/2013, 10:36 pm

My vote is logo 3
Because I like how the colors completement each other in the text vs background.
Nightl0ck
Nightl0ck
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakan 22/8/2013, 1:06 am

Hey Daxaal! Smile

My vote is: 3 or 4
Reason: I would say either of those would work. It would depend on what the background of the forum is. If it is a bright colour, use number 4. Although if it is a dark color, use number 3. I think the overall theme of the website would need to connect and directly contrast with the logo, so you see most, if not, all of it.
Drakan
Drakan
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KetchupFTW 22/8/2013, 1:10 am

Reason: It's easy to read and looks good for the eye Razz.
KetchupFTW
KetchupFTW
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggie 22/8/2013, 2:10 am

I believe the 3rd one is the best. The contrast between the colors is great and the shade of green is better than the others. It is also more eye - catching because of thr vividness of the colors. Good luck man Smile

Froggie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/8/2013, 12:10 pm

Reason: I believe that the black background is the way forward because;
1)It looks more contemporary.
2)It makes better contrast with the green and the white.
3)It gives more emphasis to the words than the others.
4)Black backgrounds are more environmentally - friendly (take a look at "blackle" for example).
5)Should i continue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 5/9/2013, 10:55 am

Final bump most likely Razz, if you haven't posted yet you can still post and I'll give you a +rep Smile. After this I most likely will be getting the thread locked.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeguyx 5/9/2013, 4:12 pm

I like 3 or 4, they both look more professional than the others but I think the white makes the logo stand out more:)
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddy 6/9/2013, 5:12 am

My vote is: 4
Reason: Looks more brighter ! :p and just like it tbh
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge 11/9/2013, 12:53 pm

My vote is: logo 3
Reason: Because I have always preferred light writing on a dark background.
Mooge
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRayne1994 10/10/2013, 4:05 am

Why: It is the most professional looking of the 4 logos and I make logos all the time it is the only one that works color wise with the green
GRayne1994
GRayne1994
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 10/10/2013, 4:44 pm

Gravedig...

Locked Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next