Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are some guide or tips of working out/bodybuilding?

+3
stiffler111
Daddy
Ko Boy Fresh
7 posters

Go down

What are some guide or tips of working out/bodybuilding? Empty What are some guide or tips of working out/bodybuilding?

Post by Ko Boy Fresh 26/8/2013, 6:11 pm

Hello,

What are some guide or tips or advice for a noob at working out/bodybuilding?

What can I take before working out like supplements or mono hydrates? Which ones are the best ones used for beginners with low age(17/18)?

Can I still build muscles even with a restricted body structure/intake amount?

I would like to work on mainly upper body.

How long should I workout for? What machines should I use? rep/set count? For bodybuilding what weights to start from and go to next? How many times I should workout per week?

**KEY NOTES**

I am about 18 years old.
Height: 5'6"
weight: 147 Pounds
Intake of calories: 2700
High metabolism

Restrictions:
Small lungs
Left arm weakest- 1-time broken/2-time injured past 14 months
Body exhaust(heavy)
Left leg sprang for 11 months (recovered/healed)

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

What are some guide or tips of working out/bodybuilding? Empty Re: What are some guide or tips of working out/bodybuilding?

Post by Daddy 26/8/2013, 6:16 pm

Well, I don't have much to say but burn more calories than what you take in , if you're trying to look fit. But other wise I may help you by this person ! Down below ! He does alot of workout videos that may help you ! Smile

Spoiler:
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

What are some guide or tips of working out/bodybuilding? Empty Re: What are some guide or tips of working out/bodybuilding?

Post by stiffler111 26/8/2013, 10:19 pm

I really like the pre-workout c4. It really gets you goin to work out and gives you a big boost in energy. Also big thing is always take protein after a workout it helps your body build muscle faster.

Depending on what kind of exercise or equipment you have for workouts I would suggest doing around 1-1.5hrs a day at the gym. My personal routine is:
Monday/Thursday - Chest and Triceps workout/ push exercises. For chest I do Dumbbell bench, incline bench, regular bench, basically exercises that push instead of pull. Same thing with triceps because it is a pushing motion when working them out.
Tuesday/Friday - Back and Biceps/ pull exercises. For this I start out with pull ups, start with wide grip and move in I do sets 3 sets of 15 but I recommend doing 10 or if you cant get 10 just do as many as you can. Then I move to Lat Pull downs this I do 3 sets of 10 progressively moving up weight every set. Then move to dumbbell curls which I do 3 sets of 10 then a monster set which you do your max weight as many times as possible then keep moving down 5-10 pounds until you cant lift anymore. Then I usually go do more back workouts such as a rowing machine.
Wednesdays - Cardio/Legs or if your like me rest day lol

One of the biggest things to know if you want to get bigger eat healthy. But eat a lot of calories if what you are looking for is building mass.

Doing sets I try to do 3 sets of 10 with a 4th set being a monster set. but another good way for sets is, 10/8/5/2-3 this way will get you bigger where the other way will get you more toned.

Hope this helped. I have gone to the gym regularly but recently have been slacking so I am a bit outta shape atm but doing that workout I saw gains in strength and size in a month or so.
I am currently 20 years old, 5'9", 145lbs. But when I was working out every day I was sitting at 155-160 and felt great. Summer made me slack though I'm just starting to go back.
stiffler111
stiffler111
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ko Boy Fresh 26/8/2013, 11:07 pm

Any supplements use??

If you know any, What are some good ones to use? and how long does it take to take affect?

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 27/8/2013, 4:47 am

Sir I will pass on advice to you that Neil DeGrasse Tyson passed on to me. If you want to burn calories drink one litre of Ice water a day. Your body will burn around 1000 calories warming back up.

~PS It was awesome get a speech from Tyson.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggie 27/8/2013, 5:12 am

I personally think you shouldn't be using suplements if you are under 18, but creatine isn't a terrible one. It can really help build muscle. Also, protein shakes will help. ALSO GET VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS! In case you change you diet at all, these will make sure you get everything you need :)I personally do low weight, high repetition for all work-outs because it builds higher muscle density, which means your muscles might not be as big, but they will last/show longer.

EDIT by Zombeh: I am not allowed to ask for reps Smile

Froggie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffler111 27/8/2013, 11:44 pm

If you want to know what supplements are best for you I would go to a vitamin store near you like GNC and ask them what they recommend. Supplement wise almost everyone is different on what they should be taking. If you want to get big fast though take creatine and drink a shit ton of water also drink like 3 protein shakes a day and eat a ton of meat. That is the fastest way to get huge. But if your taking creatine you have to make sure to drink a lot of water otherwise you could get hurt with cramps and other factors of dehydration. And if your taking protein shakes make sure your lifting because otherwise all that protein will turn to fat.
stiffler111
stiffler111
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin 28/8/2013, 12:57 am

Okay.. if you want to build muscle you do not want to burn more than you are taking in. You need to go through a process called "bulking" if you aren't already somewhat stocky. If you are burning all the calories you intake, you will have no muscle to build. Figure out a system that works at a local gym but it's MOSTLY diet. Eat a lot and eat healthy. If you are VERY undeweight, just eat everything in sight. 

As for supplements, things like whey protein will do. 

Oh, and real men don't skip leg day

Justin
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffler111 28/8/2013, 8:09 pm

Justin wrote:Oh, and real men don't skip leg day
Was that a shot at me >.< It's hard to make it 5 days a week with a job and going to school full time so Wednesdays are usually skip day Very Happy
stiffler111
stiffler111
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daba 28/8/2013, 8:16 pm

Been said before but drink ice water. I have a big protein shaker bottle that i'm just constantly refilling with water throughout the day, i bring it to school with me as well.

water is the bestest
Daba
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down