Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape dying?

+3
Lauri
Natsu
Divine
7 posters

Go down

RuneScape dying? Empty RuneScape dying?

Post by Divine 28/8/2013, 1:28 pm

Just something to think about Smile
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

RuneScape dying? Empty Re: RuneScape dying?

Post by Natsu 28/8/2013, 3:17 pm

I totally agree with you on this one. No game is perfect, and some people honestly do look for every little thing to complain about. Also what you said about new players is also true, i myself have witnessed multiple players leave because they didn't feel very welcome to the community on rs. I don't think that the major problem with rs is jagex, i believe it's the players attitudes towards others and also the company.
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauri 28/8/2013, 8:03 pm

There is always room for improvements. Although it's right that players who are satisfied with current RS are not so active in forums to discuss their opinions than are those who want to blame Jagex.
About the new players joining.. I started a year ago, so I think I'm pretty familiar with current trends about calling others "noob". I'm quite often being called noob myself too. If I'm busy with something and new players keep asking questions I answer them that I don't have time or something similiar. But believe it or not most of the new players call me noob after it, yell some time more and leave. So I don't know why I should help them if they think like that.
I still help them when I'm training some skills that don't need so much dedication or I'm flipping.
Hopefully you get my point. Just some new players should overview their attitude before starting to blame us calling them noobs.
Lauri
Lauri
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 28/8/2013, 10:37 pm

I may not play so often anymore but, this game is far from dying. I know a lot of us don't particularly like EOC/RS3 but, these updates were kind of necessary to keep the game going. Jagex clearly said they were running out of ideas and other games like that tend to end. It was either try or die and I get that. For example Super Mario Bros the franchise for me it was all about the original super mario bros 1 2 and 3 and that kind of game play. I got into Super Mario Bros 64 and like the 1st 2 party games but, it simply lost its appeal to me with all the sports games and lack of adventure lines but, there are tons of people that like Mario Tennis and Mario Baseball. The game may not be for you as they add and change things but, it appeals to others still.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu 28/8/2013, 10:53 pm

So true kmv to each his own and i personally prefer eoc to 07, combat isn't all about luck of hits now, it's more based on some extent of skill with the ability bar. I saw a guy who in my eyes has totally mastered it, took me down in literally 3 secs in wildy. Mind you i have tanked on 2 occasions teams of more than 7 players through 10 lvls of wildy on one occasion until they gave up and the next one through 40 lvls until i ran out of food and died (right in lvl 6 wildy).

Also laurie, it's usually not calling them noobs that make them leave, heck i've been playing since 07 and my clan mates and I still call each other noobs Razz. Especially since eoc and now rs3. Anyways it's usually stuff like generally not being helpful or just being rude overall.
For example, a new guy starts, accidentally exits tutorial while trying to get accustomed to all the controls and stuff, he then procedes to ask someone for help and everyone around just ignores him.
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by RohacPT 29/8/2013, 3:52 pm

In my opinion Rs is not dying but it is becoming something that i never wanted. I say this because they always want to get something new into the game, and at the moment there are so many useless things that people can't remember how Runescape really is. Old School was so popular because everyone wanted to feel that happyness of playing that Runescape that everyone enjoyed to. Things like Solomon's and SoF should have never been entered in the game. I'm not that player that likes Old School, but i dont like how RS3 is now. The runescape that was in that middle was so great... Some updates i think that were well thought, like kalphite king, nex, vorago, new skills, new minigames, updates that really get the game going.

My opinion, sorry for the bad english.
RohacPT
RohacPT
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddy 29/8/2013, 6:08 pm

I do think RS is dying in a way
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 29/8/2013, 6:35 pm

I do feel in a way RS3 is dying, awhile back i held interviews on the updates in my dungeoneering clan regarding the update and how EoC and RS3 affected clans and the clan community. Some of our findings were quite shocking and as a clan leader myself i can see the same within my own clan though we managed to hang in.

When i interviewed 10 clan leaders out of the 10 7 stated that over 60% of their clan members either quit RS or moved to 07. These clans which died were mostly community and social clans, pvm clans seem to not be affected however i feel it may be due to the new content which was introduced (such as Nex, Kaphite King), this in my own personal view i feel is a huge inpact on keeping the game alive, and other new content such as quests and the newly released skill Divinaton.

Regarding Divination, i do feel and noticed it has brought back a few players though, some i talked to weren't fond of how tedious the skill is but are only leveling for the rewards and benefits, updates such as SoF and Solomons i feel shouldn't have been introduced to RS3, for me pre Eoc before Sof/solomons was when i found the main game more enjoyable and a challenge, now not so much. Razz

This is just my own conclusions on the issue, i do have hopes that maybe once other skill is released it may help main game more. Smile)
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down