Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I could have died. The most interesting day of my life.

+4
Gecko
Julian
colombian
Dual_Shock
8 posters

Go down

I could have died. The most interesting day of my life. Empty I could have died. The most interesting day of my life.

Post by Dual_Shock 5/9/2013, 8:33 pm

Alright, so let me fill in some back story.

I own a 1994 Chevy Camaro 3.4L V6. I was noticing some vibration in the pedal/steering wheel, so I thought I had a bent rim, as I had recent gotten a flat tire, assuming that the people who replaced it may have drove it in order to get it on a lift. The closest place to me that does rim repair is ~48 miles away, roughly an 1:15 away. Drove all the way out there today, gave it to them, then went to lunch with a buddy. They told me that none of the rims were bent, but the driver side tire was wore unevenly, causing the pull and vibrations I felt. In order to avoid the pull on the way home, I asked them to rotate the tires front to back. They did so in an X pattern, where the front left goes to the back right and the back right goes to the front left, and so on. They finished that and told me I was good to go. Immediately I noticed that things felt better, like it was fixed. I went home via the Turnpike (Pennsylvania's Toll System) and my buddy was behind me and noticed that back right wheel was wobbling. I assumed it was just the uneven tread, so we drove on, as there's no where to pullover and look there. About 10 minutes from my house I heard squeeking coming from that side so we pulled over and I looked. I was MISSING 4 of 5 lug nuts. Gone. Vanished. Only thing left behind was aluminum shavings from the rim. The rim is tore up and I need a new rim.

I called them back, the company that worked on it, and explained what happened. The had me tow it to a place nearby and they are currently working on it, at no cost to me (apparently.. we'll find out tomorrow). My mom, for insurance reasons, is the "technical" owner of the car and is having a bitchfit, threatening to sue the company that worked on it. We'll find out exactly what happens tomorrow when I pick it up.

Pictures are as followed.

Missing Lug Nuts:

Aluminum Shavings:

Fucked Up Lug Nut Hole / Stud:

Last edited by Dual_Shock on 5/9/2013, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

I could have died. The most interesting day of my life. Empty Re: I could have died. The most interesting day of my life.

Post by colombian 5/9/2013, 9:11 pm

none of the pictures work =/ but Im real glad that you're okay Very Happy!!
colombian
colombian
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

I could have died. The most interesting day of my life. Empty Re: I could have died. The most interesting day of my life.

Post by Dual_Shock 5/9/2013, 9:16 pm

Really? They work for me... I'll put them on imgur. Hold on. Razz
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 6/9/2013, 2:54 am

We almost rid of Dual Shock....

Spoiler:
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 6/9/2013, 3:13 am

Dude my dad had a similar thing drove three entire states before his van jerked to the side of the road and noticed his tire was mostly off.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddy 6/9/2013, 4:57 am

Glad you're ok though mate !
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 10/9/2013, 6:01 am

Someones trying to kill u for ur RSGP
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by colombian 10/9/2013, 11:54 am

Damn man.. Now I can open them and you must be glad that the last nut was fighting for you ;P
colombian
colombian
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by d6s 10/9/2013, 12:54 pm

You live in PA? close to the TurnPike? i'm about 20 minutes from the somerset enter/exit of the TurnPike Razz glad to hear you're okay though
d6s
d6s
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge 11/9/2013, 12:44 pm

I am glad you are okay! Those images are something else. Hope you manage to get it all sorted out Smile
Mooge
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down