Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa Hat

5 posters

Go down

Santa Hat Empty Santa Hat

Post by Goji Berry 16/9/2013, 11:32 pm

Hey Guys. Thoughts on Santa Hats flipping/investing atm?  Based on R Quark pcs, I've seen tons of fluctuation on these lately.  One moment they are 166b, then 2 hrs later they are 171s.  WTF??  Haven't tried taking advantage of this myself, seems pretty risky.

Provided a graph to aid in conclusions.  Top is long-term graph, bottom is 3mo graph. Also added a bottoming line in the top one. Have seen this on other lowers too, btw.
Santa Hat:

THOUGHTS??
Goji Berry
Goji Berry
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Santa Hat Empty Re: Santa Hat

Post by Blackyy 17/9/2013, 5:40 am

short term = looks like they are overpriced and probably going to lose a few mills and then go back up
long term = looks like all rares are raising lately, would probably be a nice item to purchase
very long term = we never know how jagex can surprise us with updates and how it can ***k up the prices.

Blackyy
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 17/9/2013, 7:00 am

Look at the price range between 12-26 August, same pattern as the current one, I'd just assume some's screwing around with the prices or there's a large supply of Santa Hats now. Either way I'd bet that the prices of Santa Hats are going to keep rising as November/December are coming soon, I think that's when Santa Hats would be at their peak price. (Due to Christmas, of course) I'd take the risk and invest in Santa Hats till October-November-ish.

And this is just my point of view, if there's a mentor in this thread, follow their advice. Razz
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackyy 17/9/2013, 5:55 pm

BamZam wrote:Look at the price range between 12-26 August, same pattern as the current one, I'd just assume some's screwing around with the prices or there's a large supply of Santa Hats now. Either way I'd bet that the prices of Santa Hats are going to keep rising as November/December are coming soon, I think that's when Santa Hats would be at their peak price. (Due to Christmas, of course) I'd take the risk and invest in Santa Hats till October-November-ish.

And this is just my point of view, if there's a mentor in this thread, follow their advice. Razz
no
christmas was always a fake reason for the raise in the item.
main reason is probably more people in game because breaks BUT they are unstable because more people.

Blackyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goji Berry 17/9/2013, 10:29 pm

Thanks for all of the thoughts and projections so far, guys. Smile
Goji Berry
Goji Berry
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddy 17/9/2013, 11:54 pm

What nemo said, is pretty much true
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 18/9/2013, 12:49 am

Compared to nex stuff and drygores, rares are much stable. If they're affected by any kind of update, people know, that even though they momentarily fall, in the long run they'll rise. The same can't be said for nex and drygores.

I'm guessing that due current high wealth market unstability they're prefered choice by many investors. They also peak yearly somewhere in October/November and I'm sure many people noticed that so they've invested in them.

Proof:
Santa Hat B4rk
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackyy 18/9/2013, 4:38 am

Julij2 wrote:Compared to nex stuff and drygores, rares are much stable. If they're affected by any kind of update, people know, that even though they momentarily fall, in the long run they'll rise. The same can't be said for nex and drygores.

I'm guessing that due current high wealth market unstability they're prefered choice by many investors. They also peak yearly somewhere in October/November and I'm sure many people noticed that so they've invested in them.

Proof:
Santa Hat B4rk
true but one thing which I think Snow or Divine showed in one of their video.
People always stock up when they think there is going to be a big raise like the year before.
Lets say last year there was a big raise in november, well usually it happens a bit before that the year after because people try to stock before this said raise causing a raise and then a downfall.
It might be the case atm but I would say in the longterm it is a good investment.

Blackyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down