Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneFest Livestream

+5
lil_me
Cille
Rrezz
Broeder
Divine
9 posters

Go down

RuneFest Livestream Empty RuneFest Livestream

Post by Divine 2/11/2013, 7:10 pm

Hey guys Smile

Have any of you followed the RuneFest livestream? What did you think of it?

I personally watched quite a bit inbetween studying and I thought it was very well done.
It was disappointing how horrible the chat was behaving (but no surprise ofcourse).
There was a lot of very extreme negativity, but the trolls, haters and complainers are always the ones with the biggest mouths on the internet. In general, people don't really compliment that frequently which also gives everyone watching the idea it's all bad. (also because they follow the herd)

If there is one thing that I realized from the streaming, it's that RS is simply not dying.
People keep saying and saying this, the only difference is that the amount of players online excludes the bots that were there for years. They don't realize that the number was simply NEVER realistic until now.
Your friends may have quit, but they got replaced by other people you rarely even bothered to meet, but they're there.
I think the negativity of a lot of the haters is what is killing the game more than any upate has ever done.

I (as a merchant ofcourse Razz) saw the part about some of the major updates over the next 18 months.
I thought it was really nice, not very much in there for merchants from the looks of it, but gameplay wise it sounded brilliant.
You can tell that they really mean the best and that they're trying as hard as they can to make the game the way the players will like it. I have nothing but respect for how well they're dealing with all of the negativity they keep getting.

What did you think?

Last edited by [ADMIN] Divine on 2/11/2013, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

RuneFest Livestream Empty Re: RuneFest Livestream

Post by Broeder 2/11/2013, 7:13 pm

It ended pretty poorly, but i liked most of the sessions.

I like Mod Mac and Mod Lee, the guys bridging the panels, but i think Mod Mac wasnt focused on the structure enough and too many times just ended up making jokes and going on tangents.
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 2/11/2013, 7:16 pm

Yeah the live-stream was pretty well done.

It was bad at the end when the audio went all whack though.

Everything else was good.

The best part was information on the new skill and World event.
Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 2/11/2013, 7:31 pm

I've been watching throughout most of the day and must say I've seen quite a lof of interesting things and future plans!
I very much agree with you, Divine. Runescape is not dying and I personally never thought it was. People come and go, people lose interest but there are still many good and dedicted people out there.
I find especially the lores very interesting and have absolutely loved hearing about it today.
I went to the last 2 runefests and I'm a bit sad that I didn't go there today, but I was very pleased with the livestream Smile (even though I found the two guys in the couch annoying as fuck XD)

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 2/11/2013, 7:32 pm

is there a link to what has been streamed so far?
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 2/11/2013, 7:36 pm

The broadcast will be available at http://twitch.tv/runescape after its done probably,

they are still doing some sessions that we didnt get to see live
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 2/11/2013, 7:43 pm

Here are some images that Merzz took, I didn't bother to take any.

Spoiler:
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 2/11/2013, 8:26 pm

RuneFest Livestream WOHmQFh

Port updates <333

RuneFest Livestream 3tfPZ2F

All hail Brassica Prime
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Avssie 3/11/2013, 1:26 am

Watched a lot of it last night and was impressed to say the least. I thought it was well put together and although I would have maybe liked a few more spoilers I'm glad they went into Elder god lore more descriptively + the update spoilers they did give were a nice start. Looking forward to actually getting to see these updates though Razz
Avssie
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 3/11/2013, 1:42 am

Here's a summary of the livestream I pulled from /r/Runescape.

[Link to Schedule of Events]

**Celebrating Story** *Contains spoilers about lore.*

• Three pillar storylines that some quests will revolve around:

* Stone of Jas (Missed, Presumed Death was the first in the storyline). Will be comprised of world events and quests. Decisions in the quests and world events will mix. Players will help decide who gets the Stone of Jas.

* (Missed this one, but I think it's Zaros or the Elder Gods)

* The Dragonkin

• God Hierarchy - 7 Tiers

* Tier 7 - Avatars and Aspects (Avatar of Bandos, Apmeken, etc). Not affected by the edicts.

* Tier 6 - Demigods (Itchlarin, Amascut). Not affected by the edicts, but can open small portals.

* Tier 5 - Inexperienced Gods (Brassica Prime, Marimbo, etc). Largely affected by the edicts, but some expections. Includes Zamorak post-BOL.

* Tier 4 - Experienced Gods (Bandos, Armadyl, Tuska, Sara/Zam pre-BOL, etc). Affected by the edicts. Tuska will be seen in future content. Zamorak went down a tier, Saradomin went up after BOL.

* Tier 3 - Higher gods, only Saradomin post-BOL. Can manipulate other gods.

* Tier 2 - Transcendent Gods (Guthix, Zaros, Seren). Can manipulate and mutate life, but can't create it. Guthix is dead.

* Tier 1 - Elder Gods (Jas, Ful, Freneskae Creator God). Can create life. Cannot be killed, ever.

• Elven quests not forgotten about.

• Mod Ana would like 2 more Vampyre quests to finish the storyline, but nothing in development. More history about Vanstrom. Will be 6th age quests, but will not feature gods. Werewolves could feature their own questline.

• Choices from old quests (such as The Blood Pact) are also tracked.

• Elder Gods are still here and players have interacted with them. First one will be seen in first quarter 2014. Lots of concept art.

• Zaros will not feature in any world events, but will feature in quests.

**The BIG Questions**

Skipping over this for now, mostly goes over SoF/SGS/Bond stuff we've heard before.

Mod MMG mentions that Jagex tries suing when they can, but most of the time they can't due to most goldsellers being based out of China/Korea.

Mod Jacmob mentions that Jagex has an advance tracking system that isn't really being used right now. Says it can track the differences of each player and when two separate people are on one account, and that he doubts botting will ever come back.

**Ideas for the Future**

• Construction rework.

* Custom sized rooms, hallways, etc. Place furniture wherever you want.

* 20 or so plots around the world to build houses on. Will be instanced, so you'll always see yours. Can see friends or random players as well.

* New training method to avoid it being a "furniture making skill". Players will buy a plot and NPCs could commission houses.

• Summoning

* Wanted it to be fixed along with EOC, but not enough time.

* Wants it to be leveling summoning by using NPCs, rather than making pouches.

* Familiars could level up as well.

• Agility (yay!)

* Dislikes run energy as a mechanic, but can't get rid of it yet.

* Could speed up doing events (such as, fletching)

* More useful teleports.

* Cross between shortcuts and dungeoneering skill dungeons, kind of like a pile of money up a tree or something.

* Make training more varied.

• Mining and Smithing

* Fixing the level system. Redo the entire smithing bracket, making rune level 50.

* Add new tiers of metal. Not adding dragon ore, but could manipulate dragon metal that already exists.

* Armour and stuff left from Third-Age Wars that was left behind has fused into some kind of metal (missed the name) that can be gathered and manipulated.

* Level up smithing by combining weapons together.

* Redo mining, add deposit areas by mining spots to avoid drop-mining.

* New high level rewards.

• If Mining/Smithing rework goes well, could be used as a template for other skills, like crafting.

• The 200th Quest: The Elven Quest

* Really wants Priffindas to be released. Instead of being released all at once, open it up over time. One week, crystal crafting. Another week, crystal construction and combat. (shows concept art). Says Seren *is* the city, that she pulses through it.

* Wants Priffindas to be the Varrock for high levels.

* Idea was a Mourning's End Part 3 kind of thing, but changed now. Could be a world event around Seren maybe, where everyone is working together to get shards of Seren to reassemble her.

* At around 185 quests right now. However, if it can be done earlier, will be done earlier. Grandmaster quest about the elves, but could also be an additional low level quest about the elves.

* How will Seren react to being reassembled? Any relations with Guthix?

* Shows Seren concept art, says it'll be used sometime next year. (will post image later)

• RuneScape on the Tablet and Mobile

* Being actively looked at, but no confirm date.

* (Shows concept art) interfaces and menus for the mobile version already being thought of.

* New product in development: The Runescape Community App. Includes lots of things: in-game chat, Grand Exchange, clan tools, news posts, etc. Should work for Android, iPhone, tablets, etc. Looking for player feedback and ideas for it. Looking for release before Christmas. Maybe have some parts of the game in it, like Fletching, Woodcutting, etc.

* Maybe a mobile version focusing on lore and story. Lots of ideas.

• PC Expansions

* HTML5 limited at this point due to browser limitation.

* Jagex team working on bringing HTLM5 out of browser and moving away from java. "Improved performance over Java, with the graphics of HTML5."

• Other possible games

* "What if there was another game like RuneScape, but everything is hostile towards you and it's based on survival?"

* "What if there was another game like RuneScape, but it had a clean slate and the community built the world? Discovering new places, everything is build by players."

* Really like the ideas, but won't work with RuneScape. Could be seen as a complimentary game to go with it.

* Just a starting point, really want player input over the next year.

Going to post this now and add to it over the next hour or so. Feel free to add in the comments!

**Ask Us (Almost) Anything!** and **RuneQuiz 2013**

• They didn't stream the Evolution of PvP talk, but I caught a few things:

* Making shields way, way, way more useful during PvP.

* Bringing life back into PvP by slowing the fights down, probably by lowered damage or increased health.

* Ranged thresholds will be buffed to match melee's assault.

Skipping over for now since there's a lot of stuff that they've already answered, and the quiz doesn't contain any upcoming content hints.

• Some talks about PMods:

* Lots of YouTubers/people in social media and clan leaders to show community involvement.

* Looking for players who are helpful and engaging.

* Looking for more Spanish, North American, and Australian mods. Mostly trying to get helpful players in each timezone.

• Some talks about Super Barrows Brothers:

* Insanely hard fight, no one has beaten it yet.

* Needs to have 4 competent PvMers. Chris L said that in Vorago you can have a few bad players and it's still possible, but in Super Barrows everyone has to be good or it's unbeatable.

* Pets look super cute.

**RuneScape 2014**

• 18+ Months of content planned and in the works.

• Mark talks about how this is just a plan and that they'd rather put out good content over rushed content.

• **THE NEW SKILL**

* Called the "Inventor Skill".

* Second skill, partner to Divination skill. Technological revolution in RuneScape.

* Takes the divine energies of Guthix and combining it with existing inventions, such as the dwarven contraptions.

* New defence against the gods. Could give players the opportunity to fight back directly against the gods. Mentions the godless class.

* Contraptions similar to divine locations. Big contraption where players add raw materials and stuff comes out. "support skill for the production skills. It can smith, it can cook, it can craft."

* Different things can happen. "Sometimes odd things happen." (shows 90 2h weps concept art). Made out of tons of different pieces of weapons.

* Play with pyrotechnics, lightning conductors, explosives etc. "Think of it as Medieval alchemists that are experimenting." Sometimes you can find rare plans [blueprints?] and you earn inspiration, a nontradeable resource used to build "marvelous, untradeable things".

* Mark mentions that a lot of NPCs are going to dislike players who messing around with Guthix's energy.

* Large workshops to do the skill in.

* New pocket slot items and combat enhancement.

* "Relatively slow skill with some buyable elements for the mega rich."

* Level up my x feature

- Idea that items can level up themselves.

- Will start with weapons, but could apply to skilling tools or summoning creatures.

* (shows weapon called the Soul Eater). Says it gains power as you kill things, similar to slayer. Could talk to you. Lots of similar ideas.

* A lot of unique items and weapons that you can individually create and trade. Will have your own personal touch/player stamp on it.

• Next world event

* Bandos vs. Armadyl

* Will include PvP, but there will be an option to turn it on/off.

* Huge weapons of destruction on each gods' side. Result of world event will kill one of these gods.

* Can build towers or help NPCs by protecting them.

• Marimbo vs. Brassica Prime

* Will be a permanent, new minigame.

• Minigame revamps (YESSSSSSSS) and other reworks

* Entirely driven by player votes and suggestions. "Which ones do you want reworked?" Guaranteed content polls and some other ideas.

* Mark says waiting for minigames sucks and that there are noobs sometimes and this turns people away from the minigames.

* Matchmaking system. What game, with who, etc. Click a button and wait and do something. Eventually a window will popup when there are people ready.

* Maybe improving rewards.

* Moving onto boss reworks. Giant mole and other creatures (such as the slayer dungeon bosses) for low levels to teach modern game mechanics.

• 07 stuff

* White dragons and dragonhide armour

* The Kraken boss

* Necromancy/summoning (place bones down and summon creatures)

* New quests about forgotten NPCs to explain them and their backstory.

• Player Owned Ports 2

* 2 new zones and 8 new locations

* 3 new adventurers (architect, cook, hunter) with 62 new voyages.

* 2 new trade goods and a lot of new crew members.

* 8 new pieces for the ship.

* New random events besides Meg.

* Level 85 weapons (he mentions thrown weapons), capes, and rings.

• New Quest about Zaros: Fate of the Gods

* Explore horror, the secrets of the world, everything. Origins of the world, including the elder gods.

* Master Quest

* New divination targets + rewards, new slayer monsters

* (shows Zaros concept art). Outcome of the quest will decide how he looks. Players need to find him a body to inhabit.

• Valley of the Dead

* Community built experimental idea.

* Works with PvPers.

* "What if there was a new PvP land with new resources with unknown targets. If you die, you're out. Everytime you die it changes. Sometimes it'll be traps, or poisonous plants."

* Will run on beta worlds first.

* Mark wants it to be good for videos and streaming.

• Skiller's Boss

* Use non combat skills. Aimed for 90+ skills.

* Cooperative AND solo gameplay.

* "You're trapping snakes with bonfires and mining out rubble to collapse on the boss. Those are just some ideas."

• Rite of Passage (quest)

* Quest about armadyl and how he came into being.

• Competition

* Mark talks about prestige and how the players shot it down.

* Seasonal hiscores for skills.

* Regional hiscores.

* "Something else for the players to help decide."

• The Church of You (idea, not guaranteed content)

* Mark talks about the player being the hero. "Why aren't there churches dedicated to you? Why don't people sing about you?"

* Followers could do things for you. Build relationship with your NPCs.

* Every week/month could change every month as you gain followers.

**More Info From Attendees/Other Players**

• Barbarian Assault Hard Mode was confirmed. - /u/Ballor_I
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 3/11/2013, 10:45 am

^ I updated some things that were left out that I remembered, like Saradomin being a 'higher god' now in tier 3, which was mentioned.
He can manipulate other gods.

Thanks for posting it for those who missed it Smile
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 3/11/2013, 11:15 am

Loved the smithing and construction skill reworks.

Stream was pretty well done. I left when the pop-music kept repeating.. Got crazy
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 3/11/2013, 1:25 pm

[ADMIN] Divine wrote:Here are some images that Merzz took, I didn't bother to take any.

Spoiler:
Actually first Zaros one is his incorporeal form(i think this was said) and second one is what he looked like in 2nd age (look at the wound from SoA)
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down