Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nex and SS/90Weaps PC

4 posters

Go down

Nex and SS/90Weaps PC Empty Nex and SS/90Weaps PC

Post by strongbad440 30/11/2013, 2:35 am

Hey guys. I've read many guides and seen videos, but I can't figure out how to make myself a margin for, say, a torva platebody. The current forums say it is <63, so I'd put in an offer to buy for 62100k, and try to sell for 62800k. The thing is, it never bought for the 6 hours I left it. What would be a better margin, and should I adjust the price any? Maybe should I even try to not buy it at a such even price?

Thanks

strongbad440
strongbad440
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Nex and SS/90Weaps PC Empty Re: Nex and SS/90Weaps PC

Post by Gummy 30/11/2013, 3:56 am

What you did was just fine. If it had not purchased within say 20-30 minutes, you could start upping the price another 50K-100K or so as you see fit. Once it bought, place an offer higher up on the margin and lower it as wished until it sells.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 30/11/2013, 4:02 am

Personally, I don't like torva, I much prefer virtus and pernix. That said, I never like to sell within the nex and ss margin. Why? Because it fails that's why! Nex and ss margins will almost always be 1m. So when you see <63 you might as well take that to be 62-63. Especially with its current pc system (no more .5) you'll be in danger with <63 because a nis of 62.1 would technically become <63. What I like to do, when the item is slowly falling, is to put in for 61.5 when the pc is 62-63. Then if I can sell at say 62.7, great! If I can't, I can probably get away with 62.4, or if the price actually physically dropped I'll be able to escape with a sell of 62 uc. If the item's price isn't falling this won't work, but pvm stuff should in theory be on a slow steady decline over a vast period of time (because it will eventually be replaced).

With nex and ss, you really have to play it by ear too. If I put in 61.5 when the margin is 62-63 and then two buy within 15 minutes, I would sell lower, for <1m profit each probably. If it takes all day for them to buy (assuming I didn't cancel the offer) I would sell higher. The nice thing about this slight lowballing strategy is that money can be made even if you're away from the computer for a few hours.

The reason I prefer virtus/pernix is because you can get basically the same margins, but with a lot less money put down. Hope this helped, slightly.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by strongbad440 30/11/2013, 4:25 am

So if I see that the virtus top is rising, as it is now, and the pc says <25, I would try to buy at like...24.3? And sell for like 25?

So determining these prices depends on what the graphs say?

These "self-made margins" are always confusing for me. Razz
strongbad440
strongbad440
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 30/11/2013, 4:51 am

Well, virtus top isn't rising (necessarily), so that's a trick quesiton =). See this graph here (requires merchz.com membership, not the paid membership but the free one that will come along with you sm account) , to me it looks like it could go either way, but I wouldn't peg it as "rising" http://merchz.com/nexandss/20163-virtus-robe-top/ . If it was indeed rising with a pc of <25 then 24.2 might be a good buy price with the intention of selling 25.5 uc.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by strongbad440 30/11/2013, 5:13 am

Oh, so I need to use the Merchz graphs instead of the Runescape GE graphs?
This helped a lot, thanks haha.
strongbad440
strongbad440
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by KushBush 30/11/2013, 7:11 am

Also keep in mind that those price checking fc's are full of manips. Just be a little cautious.

KushBush
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down