Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4]

4 posters

Go down

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Empty Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4]

Post by Zombeh 12/12/2013, 9:47 pm

Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] League10Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Lol_zi12

Ziggs is an AP AOE mage that relies on good poke comp and is amazing at sieging towers and also defending turrets. He is played in the mid lane has amazing matchups against almost every champion and is a great team fighter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abilities:

Short Fuse (passive)
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Short_Fuse - Every 12 seconds, Ziggs' next basic attack deals 13 + (7 / 8 / 9 / 10 at each level) (+ 35% AP) bonus magic damage. The cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds whenever Ziggs uses an ability but not from other sources of cooldown reduction. Short Fuse deals 50% bonus (150% total) damage to enemy structures.

Bouncing Bomb
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Bouncing_Bomb - Active: Ziggs throws a bouncing bomb to a target area. If the bomb contacts an enemy or bounces three times then it explodes, dealing magic damage in an area. The distance of each bounce is dependent on how far it was originally thrown

Satchel Charge
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Satchel_Charge - Active: Ziggs flings an explosive charge to the target area. The charge gives sight nearby and detonates after 4 seconds or when this ability is activated again. The explosion deals magic damage and enemies hit are knocked away. Ziggs is also knocked away, but takes no damage.  

Hexplosive Minefield
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Hexplosive_Minefield - Active: Ziggs scatters 11 proximity mines that detonate on enemy contact, dealing magic damage and slowing the enemy for 1.5 seconds. Enemy champions take 40% damage for each mine they detonate beyond the first, while minions and monsters take full damage from every mine. Mines disarm automatically after 10 seconds.

Mega Inferno Bomb
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Mega_Inferno_Bomb - Active: Ziggs deploys his ultimate creation, the Mega Inferno Bomb, hurling it an enormous distance. Enemies in the primary blast zone take full magic damage (double damage to minions, but not monsters) while those further away take 80%.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runes:

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Ziggs10

I use this page when I play normal games (blind pick) or when playing versus an AP mid champion. You get magic penetration, ability power armor and magic resist basically everything you need.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Ziiiii10

When playing a ranked game versus an AD mid laner, you could have this page. No reason to have magic resist if you don't face off against an AP champion Razz.

Masteries:

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Ziiggs10

I run 25/2/3 on Ziggs because as ziggs you tend to want to be in the back line poking doing a lot of damage. This will get you the best stats you would need on ziggs in my opinion.

Items builds:

Starting items:

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Crystalline_Flask_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Health_Potion_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Health_Potion_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Health_Potion_item - One of my favorite starts you get health and mana from flask and 3 health pots. Great in nearly every matchup, sell the flask around 30~ minutes in.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Doran%27s_Ring_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Health_Potion_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Health_Potion_item - More all in potential with this start. If the all in fails you have some mana regen from the dorans ring. Much more of a risky start on Ziggs.

CORE:
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Athene%27s_Unholy_Grail_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Sorcerer%27s_Shoes_Homeguard_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Rabadon%27s_Deathcap_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Void_Staff_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Zhonya%27s_Hourglass_item

Just because I have these as your core doesn't necessarily mean that you should build them in this order every time. Obviously if you're facing an AD mid, Zed/Talon/Riven/etc you'll want to get a chalice then get seekers armguard and build an earlier zhonya's rather than a deathcap. I'll explain different matchups later.

Situational:
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Lich_Bane_item - If you're not the primary target and can go glass cannon, go for a lich bane to push towers faster!
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Liandry%27s_Torment_item - If you're getting focused or don't want to rely on auto attacks, go for liandries for more hp / damage
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Guardian_Angel_item - If 1 defensive item isn't enough try GA to come back into a fight after dying. If your GA is down, sell it for another item!

Potential Builds:

My favorite build on ziggs:
Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Athene%27s_Unholy_Grail_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Sorcerer%27s_Shoes_Homeguard_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Rabadon%27s_Deathcap_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Void_Staff_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Zhonya%27s_Hourglass_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Guardian_Angel_item

- I like this build because it gives you a way to avoid damage, and a way to come back after death and fight again when your enemy have used their cooldowns.

My build against AD Mids: (Zed/talon etc)

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Athene%27s_Unholy_Grail_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Sorcerer%27s_Shoes_Homeguard_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Zhonya%27s_Hourglass_item - For this start get chalice then get a seekers armguard.

at this point either go Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Rabadon%27s_Deathcap_itemor Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Void_Staff_itemdepending on your gold, Than complete the other item. Your final item can be one of the three situational items posted above.

Buying order:

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Crystalline_Flask_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Health_Potion_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Health_Potion_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Health_Potion_item

Depending on how much gold you go back with go with this next few items:

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Chalice_of_Harmony_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Boots_of_Speed_itemGuide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Sight_Ward_item

Obviously if you don't have enough for boots and a sightward that is fine, try to get enough gold for a chalice before your first back.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Sorcerer%27s_Shoes_item or Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Fiendish_Codex_item

You could go with either item here, or depending on your gold you could straight up buy Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Athene%27s_Unholy_Grail_item.

If you haven't gotten Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Athene%27s_Unholy_Grail_itemyet pick this up on your next buy. If you have this already get your Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Sorcerer%27s_Shoes_itemon your next buy.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Needlessly_Large_Rod_item

Best bet on your next back is a large rod, getting this for a Deathcap. At this point just get your items Death cap, void staff zhoya's and situational item. Always remember stealth wards for your team and pink wards.

Matchups:

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] GragasSquare - Favors you

Pre 6 Gragas has almost no kill potential on you, if you harass him with you Q landing it on both him and the minions you will shove your lane (allowing for roam) and harass Gragas post 6 gragas can knock you back if he knows what he is doing. Never use your W aggressively when his ultimate is off cooldown.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] AhriSquare - Favors you

Ahri is a skillshot based champion who likes to sit behind her minion wave to last hit, if you throw your Q at the mage line it will most likely hit her. If she goes off to the side to prevent this ping your jungler to come for a free kill pre-6. Avoid charms by sitting behind the minion line yourself and save your W for defensive plays.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] ZedSquare - Depends

Even with Zed's W nerf it doesn't mean he's a bad champion, he still uses energy so he can use his abilities to harass you more often. If you get the second blue from the jungler you should be fine, ward your side lanes to spot his roaming and make him stick to the mid lane. Build a seekers armguard and Zhoya's before going for Deathcap because you'll get armor and a way to stop his ult from doing a lot of damage.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] KassadinSquare Favors you (Pre-6)

Don't let this guy farm at all before he hits level 6. Make him farm under tower and call for jungle pressure to keep him down. Once he hits 6 you'll have to keep your lane warded for his roaming and hope your team listens. Save your W for escapes post 6.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] RivenSquare Favors you

Use your range against her keep your distance make her choose between using her abilities on you or the minions to farm. Push the lane and try to make plays on other lanes. Get seekers Armguard to help with this lane.

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] SyndraSquare Skill matchup

If you can dodge her Q's you should be fine, watch out for her stun it will most likely come when there jungler is near. Try to keep harassing her as she will sit behind the minion wave to farm.

Last edited by Zombeh on 15/12/2013, 7:58 am; edited 13 times in total
Zombeh
Zombeh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Empty Re: Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4]

Post by Connor 13/12/2013, 12:31 am

I dont know if you have it included, but Lichbane + Passive = OP.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4] Empty Re: Guide: Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert [S4]

Post by Zombeh 15/12/2013, 8:47 am

Completed, may add a video at a later date.
Zombeh
Zombeh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 17/12/2013, 2:58 am

wow sweet guide, have been trying out new champions lately. Can be diffucult to play with a champion you don't know so Well. Def going to try ziggs one of my next games . Big + rep for writting this guide Smile
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 26/12/2013, 1:57 am

Really great guide Very Happy

I really like how you don't recommend a tear of the goddess anywhere. I don't feel like it's as strong on Ziggs, and its good to see someone that seconds that.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down