Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flipping FC's

3 posters

Go down

Flipping FC's Empty Flipping FC's

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 17/12/2013, 1:14 pm

Flipping FC's Pre_1399336989__guides

How Flipping FC's Work

First of all dealing with any high wealth item comes with risks. It takes a few failures before anyone becomes good at it and even the best have losses. But if you think through what you did wrong you become better at it. Perseverance is the key.

Contents

Introduction
List of FC's that give Ranges
List of FC's that use a Single Price System
Symbols and Terms
The Chat Channel General Rules
When a PCer Leaves
Some Tips When Using an FC
FC Flipping with PC 101 and R Quark

Introduction

FC's or price checking "friends chats" are places where people report their buys and sales of items the FC covers and those reports are used to give the latest prices to others. All FC's use one of 2 methods for giving prices and all use the GE mechanics to work out if the reported price should be the high or the low price (like when you do a normal price check). One pricing method focuses on FC's that give RANGES (a high and a low price) while the other focuses on FC's that only give ONE PRICE (either the high OR the low price). Sometimes range FC's only either give you an average price (caused by very small margins) or one end of the price range (caused by only getting one type of report which is discussed later). But all pricing FC's work out their high and low prices from peoples reports by following the GE's mechanics which are explained in full HERE.

The reason why there are these 2 systems comes down to merchants. Many older merchants believe that giving ranges manipulates the margin and over time kills them as less experienced merchants continue to undercut, shrinking profits. Others believe that only giving one price manipulates the prices in which ever way the price checker cares to make it. Both have their pro's and con's, but it is up to the clans running the FC's to decide which system they use.

List of FC's that give Ranges

Nex and SS
PC 101
Pc sof - currently forum only
Bonds fc
Flipchat1

List of FC's that use a Single Price System

R Quark
90weaps PC
90 gear PC - currently forum only

Symbols and Terms
Symbols and Terms:

The Chat Channel General Rules
The Chat Channel General Rules:

When a PCer Leaves
When a PCer Leaves:

Some Tips When Using an FC
Some Tips:

Some sections taken from http://www.smokinelite.com/t65399-active-flipping-spirit-shields

FC Flipping with PC 101 and R Quark

First of all dealing with any high wealth item comes with risks. It takes a few failures before anyone becomes good at it and even the best have losses. But if you think through what you did wrong you become better at it. Perseverance is the key.

While all the FC's can be used to flip actively and inactively, these 2 tend to be more inactive in general. Pc 101 stretches their margins to extremes making them easy to inactive flip low wealth items for great margins, so we'll start there.
Almost every rare flipper out there uses the friends chat "R Quark", so you do get a fairly accurate feeling for the prices. Here, they will give you frequent updates on the prices of all discontinued items. Unlike the other FC's, in R Quark you will only get one price and will have to estimate the other. Be wary of people trying manipulate by giving you false prices, and ensure that Ranks have confirmed an update if the update was given by a non-rank.

PC 101

PC 101:

R Quark

R Quark:

Special Thanks to Bom and the flipping mentor team who helped make this guide Cille, Gonecase, Kelly, Killerhart and Minato.

Last edited by Billious on 6/5/2014, 4:11 am; edited 4 times in total
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Flipping FC's Empty Re: Flipping FC's

Post by Yamiteh 17/12/2013, 3:07 pm

Well that's alot of merchanting related guides posted.
Kinda reminds me of my mentee days :p

I have a bit to add about flipping FCs though:
pc sof - I believe this one is used to pc sof rares, but it's kinda empty right now.
90 gear pc - I think this one is more known/popular than 90gear pc. Also pcs Shields but is also kinda empty atm.
Bonds fc - price checks runescape bonds. Maybe worth a mention too :p

Not sure whether they give ranges or buy/sell prices. I don't use them much.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 17/12/2013, 4:28 pm

Yamiteh wrote:Well that's alot of merchanting related guides posted.
Kinda reminds me of my mentee days :p

I have a bit to add about flipping FCs though:
pc sof -  I believe this one is used to pc sof rares, but it's kinda empty right now.
90 gear pc - I think this one is more known/popular than 90gear pc. Also pcs Shields but is also kinda empty atm.
Bonds fc - price checks runescape bonds. Maybe worth a mention too :p

Not sure whether they give ranges or buy/sell prices. I don't use them much.

These guides did start as lessons for the mentors to give which evolved over the last year or so but we are trying a new method to teaching atm. With so many guides I did forget to check the FC names here, so thanks for the info and I've added your suggestions.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 3/1/2014, 5:11 pm

An example of how prices are rounded in single price system should be made as this is where people get confused.

124b doesn't necessarily mean that someone inb/nis item for exactly 124m. Item may have been inb/nis anywhere from 123.000.001gp to 124m.

Same goes for 124s as it doesn't necessarily means someone ins/nib item for exactly 124m. Item may have been ins/nib anywhere between 124m and 124.999.999gp.

They don't understand how can something that is so close to 123b be rounded up to 124b and something that is so close to 125s be rounded down to 124s.

Awesome guide though. I think I've forgotten everything about those ~ < + #$%#! symbols Smile
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 4/1/2014, 5:34 am

It did state all b prices are rounded up and all s prices are rounded down, but I took your suggestion and made it a little more clear. Thanks.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down