Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4]

Go down

guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Empty guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4]

Post by piramatrix 18/12/2013, 10:20 am

malpite shard of the monolith
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Malp_zps1b22e21b
Intro:
This is my version of a malphite tank. In some parts its pretty basic, when other parts are more unconventional and sometimes even extreem. This build has won me many games, even when we were losing because of some inexperienced teammatesbut  i was able to carry my team and reassure victory. If there is one champion on whom i can always rely its malphite

Abilities: 
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Granteshield_zps56c2c7a0 
Malphite is shielded by a layer of rock which absorbs damage up to 10% of his maximum Health. If Malphite has not been hit for 10 seconds, this effect recharges.
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Seismicshard_zpsb619ffd1
Using his primal elemental magic, Malphite sends a shard of the earth through the ground at his foe, dealing damage upon impact and stealing movement speed for 4 seconds.
Deals 70/120/170/220/270 (+60% Ability Power) magic damage and steals 14/17/20/23/26% Movement Speed from the target for 4 seconds.
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Brutalstrikes_zps80c9bc08
Malphite starts to hit with such force that his attacks deal damage to all units in front of him. Activating Brutal Strikes greatly increases his Armor and Attack Damage for a short amount of time.
Passive: Malphite's basic attacks hit units near his target for 30/38/46/54/62% of his Attack Damage.
Active: Malphite's Armor and Attack Damage increase by 20/25/30/35/40% for 6 seconds.
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Groundslam_zps1e05bce3
Malphite slams the ground sending out a shockwave that deals magic damage based on his Armor as damage and reduces the Attack speed of enemies for a short duration.
Malphite slams the ground dealing 60/100/140/180/220 (+30% Armor) (+20% Ability Power) magic damage to surrounding enemies, reducing their Attack Speed by 30/35/40/45/50% for 3 seconds.This ability gains damage equal to 30% of Malphite's Armor.
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Unstoppableforce_zps6dcf6cde
Malphite ferociously charges to a location, damaging enemies and knocking them into the air.
Malphite charges toward the target area, dealing 200/300/400 (+100% Ability Power) magic damage and knocking enemies into the air for 1.5 seconds.
Ability sequence
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Abilitysequence_zpsf5629f6b
To start of i chosen to max the siesmic shard as fast as possible because this will be the main attack you will be using through the entire game. it a great way to harass enemy champs during the laning fase, however  it eats through your mana very fast. Its a great ability wich deals a decent amount of damage and mainly its movement speed stealing. Its a great way to catch  up with an enemy trying to run or to give you an edge when running away from enemies.

Next the ground slam is way to damage multple champs in a group fight or to kill multiple creeps when farming or protecting your tower. Its also a great follow up after the seismic shard when in a melee fight with an enemy champ because its reducing effect on the enemy champs attack speed. Deals a decent amount of damage the more you stack your armour.

For the brutal strikes, most people wait till lvl 8 to spend a first point in it because not very effective early game. I have however chosen to lvl it at lvl 3 because its passive: when attcking minions the minion next to wich you are attacking also get some damage for a part of his basic attack damage. You can be surprise on how this boost your farming, resulting in faster item build. early game i only use it in melee fights when the other abilities have not cooled down yet or to do hit and runs on turrets. Near end game when you stack armor.

And as always the ultimate is done at lvl 6, 11 and 16. it deals a decent amount of dammage and is a great way to catch up with an enemy on the run, get to an enemy behind his turret or to save a teammate who is on the run from an enemy.

Masteries:
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Masteries_zps7a496573
This is where i like to go to the extreem. Instead of going with the traditional 9/21/0 i go with a 0/30/0 because the tankyer he gets the more annoying it is for enemies to kill you. i have more then onces played a game where enemy champs where avoiding me after the laning fase, wich made it very easy for me to push to their base and then it was just a matter of sec until we won.
You can go for a 9/21/0 but if you know how to play malphite you don't need any extra damage. your 9/21/0 page would look like this:
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] 92102_zps70877154
Runes:
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Runes_zps84887568
For the runes:
- Seals of armor are a logic choice on a tank, no explanation need there i think.
- Marks of hybris penetration are going to give you all the damage bonus you need, thats why i went 0/30/0 instead of 9/21/0 on my mastries
- Glyphs of scaling magic resist your going to need if you don't want to get killed by an AP
- Quints of movement speed because malphite is a rather slow champion

Items:
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Items_zps45353bc1
1) I like to start with the ancient coin: mainly for its mana regenaration and gold bonus. I choose not  to start with boots because you can get the movement speed you need from stealing movement speed with your seismic shard. 5 Health Regeneration, 3 Mana Regeneration. Passive: +5 Health Regen per 5 seconds +3 Mana Regen per 5 seconds UNIQUE Passive: Favor: Being near a minion death without dealing the killing blow grants 2 Gold
2) I've put the warmog's armor before the sunfire cape because i prefer its health regenaration also gives a great health boost. 
1000 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Restores 1% of your maximum Health every 5 seconds.
3) Sunfire cape as 3rd again because of its health and armor boost and a nice passive. Sunfire cape and warmog's armor are the core items of your build, you want to have these at all times. 45 Armor, 450 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Deals 40 magic damage per second to nearby enemies. Range: 400.
4) By this time laning fase is over. some turrets or down you want to switch lanes to gank people or help teammates, thats where the boots come in. I have choosen the ninja tabi because it also gives some armor boost and the homeguard enchantment because it insta heals you when teleported to base. 
25 Armor. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement: +45 Movement Speed. UNIQUE Passive: Blocks 10% of the damage from basic attacks. + UNIQUE Passive: Homeguard: Whenever you are at fountain, you instantly gain full health and mana, and gain a 200% movement speed boost that decays over 8 seconds. The bonus movement speed is lost upon entering combat. The effect cannot activate while in combat. Can be applied to any tier 2 boot.

5) Randuin's omen again for its health and armor boost. 
70 Armor, 500 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Cold Steel: If you are hit by a basic attack, you slow the attacker's Attack Speed by 15% and their Movement Speed by 10% for 1 second. UNIQUE Active: Slows the Movement Speed of nearby enemy units by 35% for 2 seconds + 1 second for every 100 Armor and Magic Resistance you have (500 range). 60 second cooldown.

the next 2 items or not necessary these are items i use most of the time, these can be replaced by situational items.
6) You got enough health now to last quite some time. You want to do as few runs to base as possible so i've chosen the iceborn gauntlet mainly for its mana boost and regenaration. 
30 Ability Power, 70 Armor, 10 Cooldown Reduction, 500 Mana. UNIQUE Passive: Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base attack damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 2 seconds that slows enemies inside by 30% (2 second cooldown).

7) End game. sell your acient coin, you don't need the gold bonus anymore as this is your final item of your build. again a nice health boost, but i choose the scepter mainly for its passive.80 Ability Power, 500 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Your spell damage will slow the target's movement speed by 35% for 1.5 seconds (15% for multi-target spells, damage over time spells and spells with a cooldown time below 3 seconds).

situational items:
guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Situationalitems_zps38d13eab

when playing against a AP switch the following items:
1) switch ninja tabi for the mercury's treads. 25 Magic Resistance. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement: +45 Movement Speed. UNIQUE Passive: Tenacity: The duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds and immobilizes are reduced by 35%.
2) switch the gauntlet for the spectre's cowl. 200 Health, 45 Magic Resistance. UNIQUE Passive: Grants 15 hp/5 for 10 secondsafter taking damage from an enemy champion.
3) build your spectre's cowl into a spirit visage if possible.  20 Cooldown Reduction, 400 Health, 20 Health Regeneration, 55 Magic Resistance. UNIQUE Passive: Increases your healing, regeneration and drain effects on yourself by 20%

Note:
I have not added any of the free support items because i end up never using them.
Sources:
- my own knowledge
- mobfire guide creator for making the pic's (since i'm not lvl 30 yet on my current account)

Last edited by piramatrix on 22/12/2013, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4] Empty Re: guide: malphite Shard of the Monolith [S4]

Post by piramatrix 21/12/2013, 9:20 pm

guide finished
piramatrix
piramatrix

Back to top Go down