Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- Toon's road to maxed skiller! -

3 posters

Go down

- Toon's road to maxed skiller! -  Empty - Toon's road to maxed skiller! -

Post by Princess Toon 16/3/2014, 1:04 am

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´
Introduction

Hey everyone! I am Mr1inch. In real life, people know me as Toon, and I have been playing Runescape for about 8 years now. I have been on these forums for around 2 years now I think, and in that time I have managed to become Highly Trusted, and even a Senior Manager (Rank Manager at the time) for about half a year I think. I have been out of this community for a while, but now I'm back!

Over these past years, I have had numerous accounts (I think around 4 previous accounts that I actively played on in total). I basically tried out any possible account type. Main, Summoning pure, tank, 1/45/70 defence pure you name it. However, I came to notice that these types of combat orientated accounts did*’t really suffice in what I was looking for in this game. I liked doing bosses and Slayer, but I did*’t like the combat-grinding aspect. Even though I was not much of a skiller back then, I tried embracing skilling on a new account build - a level 3 skiller.. and I loved it!

I am making this log of my goals and achievements not only to log my own achievements, but to also share them with the rest of Gielinor! Skillers are a niche within the Runescape community, and even though they start to become more and more popular, I think it would be fun for more people to get a sneak-peak into the world of a skiller ^.^

Also another important reason why I wanna make this log is that I recently got hacked (on Valentine’s day, of all days Razz) I basically lost my whole bank and I’d like to log my progress as some sort of edge to keep me motivated as well! I already got a lot of help from friends so that has been a great help as well.

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´
Table of Contents

1. Introduction & Table of Contents
2. Current levels
3. Current goals
4. Long-term goals
5. Achievements
6. My training methods
7. My training methods
8. FAQ

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´
Current Levels

Since I am a skiller, I don’t think I need to tell you guys what my combat stats are Razz. All of them are 1. I did manage to get to 22 Constitution and 95 Prayer though, but I plan on resetting those once I am able to.

If you want to know how I organized this part. The level at the far left side is the level I was at when I started this log. The level in the middle is what I am at now, and the one at the right will be my goal.

Cooking - 99
Woodcutting - 86/86/99
Fletching - 86/86/99
Fishing - 62/62/99
Firemaking - 99
Crafting - 99
Smithing - 99
Mining - 84/84/99
Herblore - 87/90/99
Agility - 35/35/99
Thieving - 52/52/99
Slayer - 85/85/99
Farming - 99
Runecrafting - 80/80/99
Hunter - 82/84/99
Construction - 90/90/99
Dungeoneering - 82/83/99
Divination - 89/90/99

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´
Current Goals

09/02/14 - Currently I am mainly working on getting all my levels to 90+, excluding a few skills. For one I will stall Fishing and Agility (and maybe Thieving since I don’t really like that skill) until better methods will come out. Without a Blood Necklace C2 fishing is quite hard and I guess with Agility I am just waiting for ’Agility-span’ :PAll of my other skills are all 82+, so getting everything 90+ should not be too hard.

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´
Long-term Goals

This will basically be a list of all the goals I plan for the long term, not in any particular order.

- 120 Farming
- 120 Dungeoneering
- 99 Slayer (since it will by far be the most difficult / time-intensive skill to get 99 for me)
- Freezy (the co-op slayer pet)
- Getting my Red Partyhat back
- 200m Cooking (as my first, relatively easy 200m)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´
Achievements

- 90 Herblore, 13th of March 2014
- 90 Divination, 14th of March 2014

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´
Training Methods

As I am sure some might be interested in how I will go about training these skills, here is a brief overview in how I will train the skills I don’t have 99 yet.

Fletching
I will be making Magic Shieldbow till 99. They are reasonably fast with a very good gp/xp ratio, meaning I will not lose a lot of money making these. In case I might pull up a few good merches on the way I might try out some faster methods like arrows, but for the time being these will suffice.

Herblore, Construction, Mining & Farming (99+)
Since the revival of the old/new 138-combat formula will be accompanied by a Wilderness update that will reintroduce combat experience there Warbands will then be made a lot easier for skillers like me. Currently it’s almost impossible to get any good loots as you almost always get killed instantly. So after that happens I plan on doing my daily Warbands once more. I will probably start with Construction, then Mining, and then Herblore. Even though Herblore is the most expensive of the three it is still the most enjoyable out of these three, so if Warbands ever do get nerfed I rather have it so that I have to get Herblore the ’legit’ way than Construction or Mining. If it hasn’t been nerfed yet when I have gotten these skills I will try and go for 120+ Farming!

Divination
Pretty simple and straight-forward. Just collecting memory’s and depositing them (using option 3).

Slayer
Still undecided. For now I am doing my monthly Troll Invasion, and daily Treasure Keys / Jack of Trades (whenever I don’t forget it) to get experience. However this is quite slow and tedious so I really hope Jagex will revive Soul Wars so I can get some zeals there or come with another way to get Slayer experience.

Dungeoneering
Basically tag along with other people whenever I can. Doing dungeons by myself is close to impossible so this is my only option. It’s a long road ahead. This is also the reason why I put all my bonus experience from Treasure Keys on Dungeoneering, as it might turn out to be the most expensive skill for me as well!

Woodcutting
Very basic, ivy's till 94 and after that I will be doing Crystal Trees.

Runecrafting
Runespan. Might also do some runecrafting for money down the road, since it is a pretty good source of income in conjunction with some merchanting here and there.

Fishing, Thieving & Agility
I will most likely stall these until I got everything else 99, waiting for a better (skillet-friendly) training method. After all, it would be a waste of time training these slow skills now while there might soon come better ways of training these while I have other skills still left to do that are much faster. I will however do some occasional Pyramid Plunder. I really want to have Black Ibis!

Hunter
I am currently trying to get a nice stock of Juju Hunter potions. After this, I will be doing Draconic Jadinko's all the way till 99. Naturally I will also boost my xp/hr with the bonus experience from the Heist minigame.

To further aid my leveling I will of course also do my daily challenges. These are a great source of experience no matter what skill, so I'd be a waste not to do them.

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´
Frequently Asked Questions

In case there are some questions that are asked to me a lot I can answer them here accordingly Smile

Q: Do you already have a girlfriend? I want your babies...
A: Yeah sorry I do, I am always up for baby-making time though!

Last edited by Toon on 16/3/2014, 10:14 am; edited 4 times in total
Princess Toon
Princess Toon
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

- Toon's road to maxed skiller! -  Empty Re: - Toon's road to maxed skiller! -

Post by Cille 16/3/2014, 1:09 am

Best of luck with your goals Toon!!

I will read it all one day... promise..

Ps: You can join some dungeons.. Will be just like dragging Music along Wink

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 16/3/2014, 5:50 am

Good luck with your goals mate Smile
U were the only person on irc i had known who had likr 500M 07.
Goodluck with getting that red phat especially
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Toon 17/3/2014, 12:57 am

Thanks guys Very Happy
Princess Toon
Princess Toon
Grandmaster (2000 posts)