Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teaching by Example: Phileep 15m Bank Merching

+4
Yamiteh
Skrillex
gonecase
Gildarts
8 posters

Go down

Teaching by Example: Phileep 15m Bank Merching Empty Teaching by Example: Phileep 15m Bank Merching

Post by Phileep 20/4/2014, 8:01 pm

In my opinion, my most impressive feat (if any of them are to be considered impressive, that is) is building up my newbie account from 15m bank + 1 bond  to an account worth nearly 1b today (6 months later) through pure flipping. I realize now that I missed out on the ability to teach newbies to flipping through my experience. So now, through a bit of long-term f2p merching on my third account, I've reached a wealth of just about 15m (15250k cash + 11 sara plateskirts which alch for 40k ea) and have membership that will last for 14 days until I need to buy another bond. I've decided to document this account's eventual rise or fall. It will be in the style of merching diaries, I suppose, with explanations and the like. So... the clock is ticking. I'd better get started!

Also note: I jump around from present, to past, to past perfect tenses all of the time. If this bothers you, I'm sorry, it bothers me too ... it bothers me too ...

4/20
Spoiler:

4/21
Spoiler:

4/22
Spoiler:

4/23
Spoiler:

4/24
Spoiler:

4/25
Spoiler:

4/26
Spoiler:

4/27
Spoiler:

4/28
Spoiler:

My wealth: 37.3m

4/29
Spoiler:

4/30
Spoiler:

5/1
Spoiler:

5/2
Spoiler:

5/3
Spoiler:

5/4
Spoiler:

Last edited by Phileep on 31/5/2014, 5:32 am; edited 15 times in total
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Teaching by Example: Phileep 15m Bank Merching Empty Re: Teaching by Example: Phileep 15m Bank Merching

Post by Gildarts 20/4/2014, 11:52 pm

You should try and apply for flipping mentor as well as making such diarys, since you do have 1b profit and would like to help new comers I say go for it.

But im looking forward to seeing the progression in the newbie account!
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Teaching by Example: Phileep 15m Bank Merching Empty Re: Teaching by Example: Phileep 15m Bank Merching

Post by Phileep 21/4/2014, 7:26 pm

(Reserved)

Also, I've updated the diary for the first time, so you guys can see that I've had at least some progress
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 21/4/2014, 10:02 pm

this should be an interesting read i might even give one such diary a go for a week atmost Smile
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 21/4/2014, 10:25 pm

Sounds awesome! Looking forward to see your updates and continued profit. This reminds me though...I need to update my own merchanting log, it's been far too long!
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 21/4/2014, 10:49 pm

This looks really good so far!
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 22/4/2014, 6:04 pm

Phileep just a suggestion why not calculate daily profits? easy to keep track of progress that way.
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 28/4/2014, 5:03 am

I have not updated this log in several days, however I'm still flipping and recording what's going on with the account. I'll update this soon hopefully Smile
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 1/5/2014, 7:23 pm

Added a few more days to the log which brings the most recent entry to 4/25. And now ... we are no longer lagging a week behind ... we are now lagging but a mere 6 days behind the present day. As requested, I will now give semi-periodic wealth updates on that account so you can actually see how much progress the account has made. Because all this logging is done with a delay, finding wealth without estimations is quite difficult, so I've opted to instead record my wealth on a certain day, but only reveal it once the log reaches that point. Then, afterwards, that wealth level will remain on the log as an indication of progress. The oldest wealth point I have recorded is for 4/29, so when that log is posted you'll know how much cashola I had at that point.

Summary: The log has been updated and wealth checks will now be given from time to time.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 2/5/2014, 7:21 am

Profits taken from your images.....

20/4 = 432,000

21/4 = 1,501,917

22/4 = 2,215,000 ele legs, -356,283 spec, 874,000 gano leg, -3,872 mist runes, 932,000 books, 513,000 claws.................days total = 4,173,845

23/4 = 391,000 NCBows, 750,000 Spec? (no sell pic), 886,000 ele leg (2 only), 886,000 ele leg (2/7 only), 366,000 claws (6/9)...................days total = 3,279,000

24/4 = 141,000 claws (last 3), 2,140,000 ele legs (last 5), 864,000 verac, 996,000 cavs (6/7)...................................Days total = 4,141,000

25/4 = 624,000 cavs (7 sells missing in total)

Current profit total after 6 days = 14,151,762 gp or 2,358,627 gp / day average.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 4/5/2014, 6:55 am

Uploaded the log to include up to 4/29, and have of course included that first bank value check.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 21/5/2014, 12:12 am

Let me announce that it has been one month since I began this mini challenge/log and I've like to say that I think I've had great success. From 15m in one month I've managed to reach a wealth of over 104m, minus two bonds. Meaning my wealth would be 115.6m had I not bought any bonds, and thus I reached over 100m profit in this one month of work. As such, I will no longer be actively tracking this account's progress in this log. Why? Because this account is no longer the low-wealth flipping newbie that it was one month ago. If you guys would like to see more of this style, by me or anyone else, feel free to comment saying so. Also, if you want to rep + me... don't, because I'm so farking behind on the logging process =). If you want to rep + me once I finish... yeah you don't have to, because I don't do anything of the sort that requires reputation. Instead, rep + someone who has helped you out today.

Now I'm well aware I'm over twenty days behind on the actual logging, however I assure you I do have a vast stockpile of pictures which will allow me to tell my newbie's story with what should be the same quality as the entries I've already uploaded. If you are disappointed with the quality of the above... well then you're out of luck Wink. But anyways I'll set the very obtainable goal of getting this log complete by the time summer vacations start here, the second week of June.

I will continue to work on the log in the style that I have up to this point, and will bump the log when I upload a sizable amount of content, probably a week +.

As far as concluding thoughts go ... I'll hold off until I finally do my homework and get this crap up-to-date.  Cool
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 21/5/2014, 5:39 am

Phileep wrote:Let me announce that it has been one month since I began this mini challenge/log and I've like to say that I think I've had great success. From 15m in one month I've managed to reach a wealth of over 104m, minus two bonds. Meaning my wealth would be 115.6m had I not bought any bonds, and thus I reached over 100m profit in this one month of work. As such, I will no longer be actively tracking this account's progress in this log. Why? Because this account is no longer the low-wealth flipping newbie that it was one month ago. If you guys would like to see more of this style, by me or anyone else, feel free to comment saying so. Also, if you want to rep + me... don't, because I'm so farking behind on the logging process =). If you want to rep + me once I finish... yeah you don't have to, because I don't do anything of the sort that requires reputation. Instead, rep + someone who has helped you out today.

Now I'm well aware I'm over twenty days behind on the actual logging, however I assure you I do have a vast stockpile of pictures which will allow me to tell my newbie's story with what should be the same quality as the entries I've already uploaded. If you are disappointed with the quality of the above... well then you're out of luck Wink. But anyways I'll set the very obtainable goal of getting this log complete by the time summer vacations start here, the second week of June.

I will continue to work on the log in the style that I have up to this point, and will bump the log when I upload a sizable amount of content, probably a week +.

As far as concluding thoughts go ... I'll hold off until I finally do my homework and get this crap up-to-date.  Cool

holy mothershit
You do some fine merchanting

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 31/5/2014, 5:33 am

Let me announce that I've updated just under a week worth of progress tonight. So check it out if you're interested. Also check it out if you're disinterested. If you're uninterested, I guess you needn't take a look ... but in that case I doubt you would've read this whole post anyhow.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rewind Me 31/5/2014, 4:51 pm

Very nice looking log Smile might have to try nex and ss again after seeing those profits!
Rewind Me
Rewind Me
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down