Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CWA update - thoughts?

+3
Ironic
Gildarts
Skrillex
7 posters

Go down

CWA update - thoughts? Empty CWA update - thoughts?

Post by Skrillex 5/5/2014, 3:50 am

What do you guys think of the potential CWA update? http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?317,318,975,65361271

In terms of the clan world, I think this could very well bring back a lot of activity. But, at the same time, this update would probably mean the death of the deep wilderness for clans because of the preference to fight in CWA in order avoid crashers. I've personally always enjoyed wilderness fights to CWA ones, but there is something good to be said of a clean 1 v 1. Right now, warring consists of huge clusters consisted of the main clans and crashers, so CWA would breathe new life into the clan world.
Overall, this will probably get voted in, and I think it would do some good.
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

CWA update - thoughts? Empty Re: CWA update - thoughts?

Post by Gildarts 5/5/2014, 5:42 am

Seems like a pretty good update tbh.
wilderness wasn't really used for clan wars, and would probably free up the wildy allowing 1v1 to go on in peace lol.
overall i think it is a good idea!
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic 5/5/2014, 10:57 am

Clanwars has always been a place to gather with friends and have a fight, however bringing it to 07 is a bit strange. I personally think bounty hunter should come back, i really enjoyed that since it was the first mini game or w/e its considered.

I don't have anything against Clan wars however brining it to 07 is just FP, most clans are so used to fight in the wilderness because its old school and more fun, people even do it on Private servers, they don't even use clanwars even though its there.

I doubt it'll bring back activity, but who am i to say something like that... We'll just have to wait and see Razz
Ironic
Ironic

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 5/5/2014, 11:12 am

I am not against these updates as they seem to provide some extra cash from clues and some fun from safe PvP, but I feel with updates like this 07 is getting closer to becoming pre-EOC RuneScape(Elites and CW were both out at that time) and eventually it won't be anything like 07 at all.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 5/5/2014, 8:38 pm

kid rampage5 wrote:Seems like a pretty good update tbh.
wilderness wasn't really used for clan wars, and would probably free up the wildy allowing 1v1 to go on in peace lol.
overall i think it is a good idea!

Edge pking and lower level wildy is meant for 1 v 1s, not deep wilderness (that's why it's a multi zone too). CWA will probably mean that there will be little to no activity in deep wildy unless it's the two major clans going at it.

I never really enjoyed BH when it came out and I quit RS soon afterwards, but I do know many who enjoyed it and I think that may have been a more suitable update for 07.

From the perspective of a huge clan, CWA probably won't be much good for them because it'll provide a reason for other clans to avoid fighting larger ones, and so the only fights that'll really happen will be in CWA.
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 5/5/2014, 10:47 pm

BH>CWa in every way

kthxbai
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 5/5/2014, 11:47 pm

Tuff Tiga wrote:BH>CWa in every way

kthxbai

What did you like about BH specifically? When it came out, it was so drastically different than normal pking lol. I would've preferred an RS2005 or RS2006 server.

CWA should bring back a decent amount of mid sized, which should be interesting.
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 6/5/2014, 12:20 am

The mechanics behind it, kill a random person you're stuck in there for 3 mins. Kill your target, get extra st00f.

Though CWa on OSRS should be really interesting. I like the idea of King of the Hill and the others they have posted. I wouldn't be surprised if people came over from RS3 for CWA.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic 6/5/2014, 12:22 am

The atmosphere of BH was so much better, it was like you was actually trapped and had you fight your way out. You was assigned target and most of us feared who we got, personally i approached every corner with caution thats how scared i was. All the adrenaline made it fun.
Ironic
Ironic

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 6/5/2014, 1:12 am

Ironic wrote:The atmosphere of BH was so much better, it was like you was actually trapped and had you fight your way out. You was assigned target and most of us feared who we got, personally i approached every corner with caution thats how scared i was. All the adrenaline made it fun.

Yea I think that aspect was pretty cool and unique to the game, I've talked to some other friends about this and they too would've liked the BH update. Surprised that hasn't really been polled at all. All in all, I wasn't too excited for CWA coming because that would mean it'd just be Di and RoT in the wildy, but now there can be clear winners to huge fights. Will have to wait and see if it gets the 75% needed!
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 8/5/2014, 5:34 pm

I saw this thread and wondered "When did the Country Women's Association get into runescape?"

Anyway as I think back to when this update was introduced into the other game it didn't kill high lvl wildy at all, but allowed many smaller groups to build up a following and was the perfect place to safely train tanking and such. The point was that you could have uneven wars or matched depending on how you set the rules, of which I was involved in both. The smaller clans this created had the chance to grow, learn and gain confidence to the point that they would eventually pk in the higher wildy. If anything this update should create more groups able to survive the high lvl wild and even gang up on the big pk/war clans, so I see it as a positive thing.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 9/5/2014, 7:46 pm

Billious wrote:I saw this thread and wondered "When did the Country Women's Association get into runescape?"

Anyway as I think back to when this update was introduced into the other game it didn't kill high lvl wildy at all, but allowed many smaller groups to build up a following and was the perfect place to safely train tanking and such. The point was that you could have uneven wars or matched depending on how you set the rules, of which I was involved in both. The smaller clans this created had the chance to grow, learn and gain confidence to the point that they would eventually pk in the higher wildy. If anything this update should create more groups able to survive the high lvl wild and even gang up on the big pk/war clans, so I see it as a positive thing.

I definitely agree that CWA has its clear benefits. As you mentioned, it should allow for more clans/teams to prosper and grow into mid-sized clans, however this would happen after a long while. CWA could very well bring back individuals that had started main clans that were killed by the bigger ones, and that should be interesting. However, for the immediate future of the wilderness, I think it'll rely on whether or not the main clans choose to use CWA or not. It's definitely going to get voted in, we'll just have to wait and see how it truly plays out. Fortunately the main clans are interacting with J mods about the update to properly gather more information about the future and how it'll affect warring clans in general. I think CWA might be a pain in the ass for the the bigger clans just because no one will want to fight them. It'll probably just be Di vs. RoT for a long while in wildy, with the normal crashers.
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kenny- 9/5/2014, 8:40 pm

I liked the Clan Wars Arena but I liked the Bounty Hunter World more because it was actually profitable pking when in 07 atm everyone is using nontradeble items to pk with like torso,defenders the painted rune kiteshields and such...
-Kenny-
-Kenny-
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 12/5/2014, 7:13 am

-Kenny- wrote:I liked the Clan Wars Arena but I liked the Bounty Hunter World more because it was actually profitable pking when in 07 atm everyone is using nontradeble items to pk with like torso,defenders the painted rune kiteshields and such...

I wouldn't be surprised if they polled BH worlds later on, I had quit before BH worlds were introduced but it looked like it was pretty fun. Right now, CWA has ~84% of the votes so it's definitely coming in. Also heard that some teams that closed are now in the works of reforming for CWA.
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 12/5/2014, 8:57 pm

Skrillex wrote:
-Kenny- wrote:I liked the Clan Wars Arena but I liked the Bounty Hunter World more because it was actually profitable pking when in 07 atm everyone is using nontradeble items to pk with like torso,defenders the painted rune kiteshields and such...

I wouldn't be surprised if they polled BH worlds later on, I had quit before BH worlds were introduced but it looked like it was pretty fun. Right now, CWA has ~84% of the votes so it's definitely coming in. Also heard that some teams that closed are now in the works of reforming for CWA.

Well they wanna do something with BH in the summer. So we might see a poll for that soon
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down