Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Strategies For Tower Diving?

4 posters

Go down

Good Strategies For Tower Diving? Empty Good Strategies For Tower Diving?

Post by Smugleaf 17/5/2014, 1:53 am

Title, I simply just want to learn some strategies. Too often do I play jungler, every laner pushes up to enemy tower and I can't do jack shit. so simply put whats a good time to go in for a dive and how should I generally go about it with the average jungler (vi, elise, lee sin, wukong.) And how tanky should I be?
Smugleaf
Smugleaf
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Good Strategies For Tower Diving? Empty Re: Good Strategies For Tower Diving?

Post by Connor 17/5/2014, 2:47 am

Smugleaf wrote:Title, I simply just want to learn some strategies. Too often do I play jungler, every laner pushes up to enemy tower and I can't do jack shit. so simply put whats a good time to go in for a dive and how should I generally go about it with the average jungler (vi, elise, lee sin, wukong.) And how tanky should I be?

Diving is always risky, and only if you're confident you have enough damage and an escape should you consider diving. All dives are pretty similar, and it all depends on if you have your ultimate or not. I don't recommend diving pre 6, and if you do, I'd probably only do it on Elise, Lee or Vi. Wukong has no escapes and can get screwed under tower. You want at least half health to dive, since you take liek 150 true damage + more each consecutive hit. You'd generally want to dive when you have your minion wave pushing to their tower, and the tower is last hitting the minions. Depending on who the support is, you can lane gank which is come up through lane and if it's a thresh they can lanturn you in for the dive, or you can go through the enemy tri-bush for a gank. Typically the support will try to tank tower while the adc and jungle go in directly under tower for maximum damage to the enemy adc.

However, you mention the laners are pushed up, if all of your lanes are pushing and winning, you can either find the enemy jungler and prevent him from ganking, farm his jungle camps and put him behind, or pick a lane and just camp it even though it's pushed, to further ensure lane victory, or a combination of all 3. Keep putting pressure on the map and it opens up your possibilities. If you put pressure on mid and your mid lane is winning, chances are you and your mid lane are aware that the enemy jungler might try to gank or counter gank, therefore you can prepare for this by counter ganking the enemy jungler, or forcing pressure on another lane or objective if your mid lane is able to successfully escape. There's quite a lot that can be done you just gotta think about it.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure 17/5/2014, 2:55 pm

Don't do it in soloq unless you can do it solo. Dives require high coordination which just isn't there in soloq.

Having said that, if the coordination is there then ill say that the easiest and best way to tower dive is from a gank from behind their turret. Your laners need to push them to turret so the minions soak up all hits until you start the dive. This is most effective on side lanes because in mid lane there are so many escape routes. Walk through their jungle (you MUST ensure their jungler isnt there or you can beat them up if you find them) which also avoids most wards.

Vi is very strong at diving because of her passive and high damage and CC. Lee too because of his sheer mobility to get out from the turret. Elise is the strongest though, because assuming there are minions on the turret, you can cast rappel and the turret aggro will reset back to them and you can just walk away. Wukong is poop, don't dive with him.
Aezure
Aezure

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 21/5/2014, 8:02 am

Aezure wrote:Don't do it in soloq unless you can do it solo. Dives require high coordination which just isn't there in soloq.

Having said that, if the coordination is there then ill say that the easiest and best way to tower dive is from a gank from behind their turret. Your laners need to push them to turret so the minions soak up all hits until you start the dive. This is most effective on side lanes because in mid lane there are so many escape routes. Walk through their jungle (you MUST ensure their jungler isnt there or you can beat them up if you find them) which also avoids most wards.

Vi is very strong at diving because of her passive and high damage and CC. Lee too because of his sheer mobility to get out from the turret. Elise is the strongest though, because assuming there are minions on the turret, you can cast rappel and the turret aggro will reset back to them and you can just walk away. Wukong is poop, don't dive with him.

You very well can do it in soloQ if you are certain your team will follow you and on top of that you or playing something like Elise, Master Yi, or aatrox which can trade aggro easily. NEVER Dive at someone with full hp that has gap closers or good instant/on click CC you are almost guaranteed to get fucked in that situation at least in soloQ.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down