Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon slayer crossbows

3 posters

Go down

Demon slayer crossbows Empty Demon slayer crossbows

Post by Fluffy_Buggo 3/6/2014, 3:10 pm

any thoughts as to why the equipment would drop 6m in 1 day?
Fluffy_Buggo
Fluffy_Buggo
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Demon slayer crossbows Empty Re: Demon slayer crossbows

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 3/6/2014, 5:26 pm

It all has to do with this update http://services.runescape.com/m=news/dungeoneering-spotlight?jptg=ia&jptv=news_list

First the new demons in the new resource dungeon drop dragon slayer equipment.

Second and more importantly a rare drop they have are 5 titles, the first of which is a trim comp cape requirement. Many comp players are spending around 15-20 hours minimum just trying to get the first title, meaning they are flooding the market with this equipment as it is not as rare as the titles are.

Thirdly they aren't the best in the game and so oversupply far outweighs the small demand. Plus not many people know about them who would buy them over the other options at that level.

So really it's comp capers flooding the market with what they see as junk and so they are dumping them for instant cash.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 3/6/2014, 8:54 pm

That's the downfall of adding trimmed requirements. You add a ton of high level people all mass killing the same thing. And as Billious mentioned, they don't keep the drops, so they flood the market, and just dump the drops for whatever they can get in the GE. Tons of supply, no demand ATM. Maybe once the "newness" rubs off, it may bounce.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy_Buggo 3/6/2014, 10:25 pm

okay, i bought 3 dirt cheap so if they rise again then i will make bank Very Happy

(and i mean DIRT cheap)

EDIT: Also thanks both of you, +rep
Fluffy_Buggo
Fluffy_Buggo
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 3/6/2014, 11:38 pm

Well eventually it should balance out a little, so they should rise a bit, but never to what they were. This will be a new training area I think, for high level mage and it's a slayer monster so I wouldn't expect much. But the comp capers will back off it a bit in time, probably a few months though.

It should bounce before then and then drop again, so keep an eye out for that bounce and dump quick if you can afford to hold it. Personally I'd free the cash up now as I think it will drop a lot further first and take a long time to recover what it can.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down