Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate AFK mage training

+4
Ironic
Skrillex
Adri
Cald
8 posters

Go down

Ultimate AFK mage training Empty Ultimate AFK mage training

Post by Cald 4/6/2014, 7:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIcI9TSymu4

This method is expensive no doubt, but is one of the only methods in game that is literally entirely AFK, thoughts?
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ultimate AFK mage training Empty Re: Ultimate AFK mage training

Post by Adri 4/6/2014, 8:55 am

pretty cool, especially for low levels with like firestrike this could be a good and cheap training methode.

6.2 gp/exp with bloods tho so thats a little too steap for me tho.

Thanks for posting eitherway Cald, definetly a cool alternative to alching
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cald 4/6/2014, 9:00 am

Adri wrote:pretty cool, especially for low levels with like firestrike this could be a good and cheap training methode.

6.2 gp/exp with bloods tho so thats a little too steap for me tho.

Thanks for posting eitherway Cald, definetly a cool alternative to alching

Yeh it is much less clicking intensive thats for sure! But obviously no where near as efficient as alching which is usually breaking even in terms of costs.
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 4/6/2014, 12:39 pm

It's a shame they "patched" the free magic training in NMZ :'(. I alched to 94, bursting would've been another fast method but it's definitely really expensive. This method seems pretty nice though, will probably give it a try on my noob Razz
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cald 5/6/2014, 4:04 am

Skrillex wrote:It's a shame they "patched" the free magic training in NMZ :'(. I alched to 94, bursting would've been another fast method but it's definitely really expensive. This method seems pretty nice though, will probably give it a try on my noob Razz

Would bursting now be more expensive in NMZ or at the skeleton monkeys at Ape Atol, just wondering what my options are because I'm considering going for 99 magic as my first 99!
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic 5/6/2014, 8:03 pm

Epic find, but it'll only be a matter of time before JaGeX finds a excuse to remove this... most probably gonna be classed as botting or w/e...
Ironic
Ironic
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 6/6/2014, 4:27 pm

Interesting find and thank you for sharing this with us, may try this sometime on combat alt *assuming jagex doesn't patch it like NMZ was*
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow 8/6/2014, 8:17 pm

Doubt they'd patch this. This method has been around for a long time and was pretty popular for pures back in the day.

I've been just casting in nmz. Wear tank gear with enough magic to get you to the positives... go in on normal mode... and autocast. Absorb up to 1000 and you're set 20-35 minutes depending on def.

No randoms, good xp, and you make some money back. Better xp/hr as well since you don't mind hitting. You can get more magic bonus instead of def bonus too if you can do shorter AFK spurts.

Also, lol @ smoke battlestaff following this video.

Ultimate AFK mage training 2588096b8ed4499cf2d249baa7fa6cf4
Snow
Snow
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 8/6/2014, 9:47 pm

Good thing I bought 1b 07 worth of battle staffs...

teehee jk
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kenny- 8/6/2014, 10:57 pm

Julian wrote:Good thing I bought 1b 07 worth of battle staffs...

teehee jk

I didn't really bought 1b worth but I bought around 10 of them when they were 1.8m each so I'm making some money on them xD
-Kenny-
-Kenny-
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cald 9/6/2014, 2:33 am

Snow wrote:Doubt they'd patch this. This method has been around for a long time and was pretty popular for pures back in the day.

I've been just casting in nmz. Wear tank gear with enough magic to get you to the positives... go in on normal mode... and autocast. Absorb up to 1000 and you're set 20-35 minutes depending on def.

No randoms, good xp, and you make some money back. Better xp/hr as well since you don't mind hitting. You can get more magic bonus instead of def bonus too if you can do shorter AFK spurts.

Also, lol @ smoke battlestaff following this video.

Ultimate AFK mage training 2588096b8ed4499cf2d249baa7fa6cf4

Yeh I knew this would happen, but didn't have the cash to invest in them at the time which is a shame. Looks like a good idea is to keep an eye on youtubers' videos for potential merch opportunities from now on!
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 10/6/2014, 12:32 am

I give it another week til they crash even harder. You know what they say in merchanting...what goes up must come down (eventually). It's only a matter of time Twisted Evil 
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cald 12/6/2014, 7:25 am

Julian wrote:I give it another week til they crash even harder. You know what they say in merchanting...what goes up must come down (eventually). It's only a matter of time Twisted Evil 

They're actually holding their price pretty well which is a shame because I want to get one, so hopefully we'll see them drop back down to like 3m soon enough
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 13/6/2014, 3:43 pm

I think staff keeps going up but it will have a peak point then crash..i doubt it will crash to 1m or that..maybe 3-4m since the video is becoming more known within the osrs community. Video may help it keep some value i think personally, unless jagex decide to nerf it at a later date. Wish i had bought a couple of staves at the time. Razz
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down