Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of 07 merching guides

5 posters

Go down

Lack of 07 merching guides Empty Lack of 07 merching guides

Post by Fatal 7/6/2014, 5:29 am

Just a quick thought/question:

How come we don't really have any 07scape guides for merching and what not? Maybe even one that shows from 1gp to merching level bank in 07? I've never merched on 07 before so I've no idea how to go about it. Found that a big turn off for me trying to get into OSRS.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Lack of 07 merching guides Empty Re: Lack of 07 merching guides

Post by [Nicholas] 7/6/2014, 11:16 am

You need to learn the market so you know prices of items, Buy for the low sell for the high.  Downloading Shortkeys light will be your bestfriend.  Don't really know what else to say, you gotta figure your own items that work for you, preferably one in high demand so that you can stock/dump fast.  I'll give you one suggestion, try Whips, you can normally make 100k-200k margins on them if you are on at the right times of the day.

BTW I'm not claiming to be a mechanting pro, but I do have some sort of knowledge of what I'm doing. My advice may not be the best that can be given, but it will help. I'm not sure if they still do it here but they used to have 07 RS merching Mentors, if they are still around they'd be able to give you a lot of insight on how to successfully merch.

[Nicholas]
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 7/6/2014, 11:41 am

There was a 07 mentoring group back in the days but it got closed down due to not having enough interest. I'm not quite sure though if they had any guides.

Anyway there's not much about 07 merchanting anyway. You just go to the world where people trade, learn the usual range in which the item trades and then you just spam your buy/sell offer all day long. You can also trade on forums or on zybez whatever suits you best.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 8/6/2014, 3:27 am

Mentors did have 07 guides and I looked into making them public but really didn't think they had enough info. I still have them and would love to make them better, but I just have so much to do. Basically 07 merching comes down to knowing the rough price (can be found on zybex) and being a good irl salesman. From there it's just a matter of persistence, even to learn the salesman part.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 8/6/2014, 4:23 am

Ahh I've been a salesman since I was 16 Razz and I understand, I just know there are always tricks to the trade.

That being said I'm also very interested in how people began their 07 journey. Seems so long.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by mypet tr0ll 8/6/2014, 9:17 am

I could make an 07 merchanting guide, but, the thing is there really isn't that much too 07 merchanting. As said previously, its just about knowing and playing the market. The only thing you need in 07 is persistence. As with persistence you start to understand the market better and improve as a merchant.

The better 07 merchants understand how to invest and how to manipulate markets, but thats quite technical and requires a lot of money(particularly manipulation). Therefore, guides are very hard to make for 07.
mypet tr0ll
mypet tr0ll
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [Nicholas] 8/6/2014, 10:48 am

Stocking up during dead times of the day (IE early morning or late at night) will help you get items for lower prices. Sell at peak times, you should make some nice margins, I find this has helped me in 07 scape.

[Nicholas]
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down