Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merchant of the Month!

+6
lil_me
celeritas0
Phileep
Christmas
Music
Tuff Tiga
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Merchant of the Month! - Page 2 Empty Re: Merchant of the Month!

Post by celeritas0 30/6/2014, 10:34 pm

Well, a limit of rune bars is almost 150m alone, so I think it was still relevant Razz
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 30/6/2014, 10:51 pm

celeritas0 wrote:Well, a limit of rune bars is almost 150m alone, so I think it was still relevant Razz

Rune bars were a viable flip for you? They sucked the whole week for me so I never bothered. Maybe I was just price checking at the wrong times.
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 30/6/2014, 11:02 pm

I made 600k on half a limit yesterday evening, so not outstanding but reasonable I'd say.
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 30/6/2014, 11:02 pm

Tuff, don't listen to these noobs complaining about the theme. The theme, in fact, was excellent. What is the point of entering a gwd contest for me? In that case all winning means is that I put way more effort into logging the pictures than anyone else. For this contest you actually had to think! One thought, for instance, is which of these items have a secondary purpose that could make them really volatile and flippable. I found unicorn horns as this key item. Of course there were many other interesting items out there too. And I for one, definitely needed the full week. A few of my best flips took more than three days just to complete them alone.

And I have pmed you, so you should have at least one message in the ol' inbox.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 1/7/2014, 1:14 am

contests aren't made to be easy. I made a good number of flips and I'll post my total profits after the results are delivered
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 1/7/2014, 1:54 am

Why does one have to think more here than with GWD items? Some GWD items are better than others too.

That one item is key doesn't seem ideal to me. And I did do unicorn horns, so not just saying that since I missed out Razz
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 1/7/2014, 2:24 am

Perhaps it requires more because it uses unfamiliar items rather than Godwars items which most of us have already flipped, or could infer how they would behave. But I see your point, perhaps I was too quick to judge after all Razz
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 1/7/2014, 2:40 am

Unicorn horns were nice, but also had the same % with swamp toads (which have the same limit but bought slightly faster), so not only one key item, as celeritas said Wink
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 1/7/2014, 2:45 am

I tried swamp toads once but only managed to get a 40 gp (or so) margin, whereas I got up to 200 gp margins with Unicorn horns. But maybe I was just unlucky on the swamp toads; I pced many more Unicorn horns than I did swamp toads when looking for items.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 1/7/2014, 3:05 am

The one key item was mostly in response to Phileep saying that and me feeling it was a downside, although I also found unicorn horns better than anything else.

How much did you make on swamp toads Music?

Did anyone else do potato cacti?
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 1/7/2014, 3:14 am

Potato cactus can be a crazy item. I would've tried it if I'd figured out it was a summoning ingredient (Another one of those ingredients, like Uni horns, that have their value because of Herblore but also happen to have a summoning purpose). Bummer!  Cool
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 1/7/2014, 5:49 am

I really liked this comp as it reminds ppl of an often over looked area of flipping. I didn't really have much time or focus on it as I was doing many other things, but most of my flips made more than flipping gwd (most including "usual" gs margins) or drys, with no flip costing more than 35m. It got me flipping multiple limits at once which is rarely ever done now days and got me looking for more unusual flips like honeycomb (which did awesome btw). So it was a good choice of theme for both newer merchants without a big bank and for more experienced merchants who should really have pushed the boundaries a bit.

Uni horns were "ok" and potato cactus was good early in the week, but died off near the end. I just wish I put the vampire dust on to sell earlier so it would have sold during the comp time.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 1/7/2014, 6:56 am

Phileep wrote:Potato cactus can be a crazy item. I would've tried it if I'd figured out it was a summoning ingredient (Another one of those ingredients, like Uni horns, that have their value because of Herblore but also happen to have a summoning purpose). Bummer!  Cool

potato cacti is used in herblore as well Wink

i found yak hides to be reliable, even tho i only did them once.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 1/7/2014, 12:03 pm

Billious wrote:It got me flipping multiple limits at once which is rarely ever done now days

My favorite thing to do, I use up to 4-5 accounts at once sometimes. Unfortunately I didn't get much time this week to merchant, so I would have made use of them more in the week

Swamp toads had over a 100 gp margin most of the week. This particular flip had a 1047-1179 margin:
Spoiler:

Which sold nearly instantly and bought faster than my unicorn horns did.

Water talismans were actually my favorite item of the week, since (as I said above) I can avoid the limit pretty easily with multiple accounts, and they had a decent rise mid-week which created an awesome inactive and overnight flip. Lower percentage than unicorn horns, or swamp toads, but water talismans were more tricky and a more fun flip, especially when it instasold way above my sell price a couple times, so I made quite a bit more than I anticipated.
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 1/7/2014, 5:28 pm

Entries:

Billious:

lil_me:

Music:

gonecase:

Phileep:

celeritas:

Winner:

Spoiler:

Was a close contest all around. Thank you to those who participated. I will update the spreadsheet for event badges. Congratz again to the winner, you will get your badge shortly!
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 1/7/2014, 5:48 pm

Grats Phileep!

6 people, that's a record isn't it?
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 1/7/2014, 6:14 pm

grats! this was actually fun
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2