Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Araxxor - Information(short)

+3
Cille
D_Rock306
Yamiteh
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Araxxor - Information(short) Empty Araxxor - Information(short)

Post by Yamiteh 28/7/2014, 8:13 pm

In this thread there will be just some basic Araxxor info on its mechanics and strategies.
Thanks to the SM PvM team for providing some info :p

NOTE: You can skip phases 1 and 2, but this makes the fight harder on phase 3. Don't do it.

Phase 1:

At the start of the fight, burn one of the webs(This guy is focused on path 1 so burn leftmost web)
Araxxor will spawn randomly in one of his 3 forms: red legs = melee, blue = mage, green = range. It will attack with that combat style and it has no weakness. It also has some special attack but it never does the same special attack twice in a row and there are 5 normal attacks between specials. Special attacks are:
Swipe: It moves its legs to the side then swipes in front of it damaging you for 2k+ damage(later in the fight its 6k+) It will also teleport you close to it as it does this attack(anticipation or freedom can prevent this). Dont bother surging escaping or resonancing. Just spam click and try to run away.
Web shield: When it surrounds itself in some sort of web shield it will heal 1k a few times. This can be prevented by attacking it thought some of the damage will be reflected back. You could use a weak attack like a bleed attack when this happens but personally I just wait it out and eat while this is happening.
Cocoon: Small spiders will run to you and you will get stuck in web. You will be dealt rapid damage and to break free you have to spam click somewhere on ground. If you time it right and freedom/anticipation right before the attacks happen it will be faster to get out. It's hard though.

Damage Araxxor to about 10k LP avoiding its special attacks and praying against its style(don't SS) and then move on to phase 2.

Phase 2:
In this phase along with previous special attacks small spider minions will also appear in the area and attack you. Some will also heal Araxxor or even reflect any damage you do on Araxxor. They can hit pretty often and high so it is recommended to kill them as a priority as you see them spawn. Multi target abilities are useful here.
Sometimes you may also see 2 or 3 eggs spawn somewhere and a fireball flying towards you. Move next to the eggs to avoid 3k damage.

After getting Araxxor to about 10k LP again go on to phase 3.

Phase 3:
Araxxor still has all the special attacks in this phase.
Sometimes green harmless spiders will spawn. They have a left click "lure" option and you must lure 5 of them into Araxxor. You will get a chatbox message when one spawns and they stop spawning after you've lured 5.
Also Araxxor will be healed a bit at the start of this phase(will be healed for all the damage you didnt do in first 2 phases) This doesn't last forever and will eventually stop.
There is also a new dangerous special attack in this phase: Araxxor sometimes summons sort of a green spot on the ground. Move away form it because another green spider will come out of it and this one is very dangerous. It has a bar at the top and if it touches you you will get hit for alot of damage(1 hit KO). Once the bar on top of it fills it will die. After getting Araxxor to 0 LP you will go to a final phase.

Phase 4:
Araxxor still has all special attacks here I think but no minions spawn. He also uses the specs less often(think so..).
He uses all 3 styles here no matter what. If you stand out of its range it will not melee but will still range and mage so you should ideally prayer switch(put prayers on ability bar to make it easier). Mage attack looks like acid spit and range attack looks like grey ball.
At low hp(Think it's like 25k?) some sort of smoke snake(lol) will spawn and will jump around. If it touches you it deals rapid 2ks damage so you should be moving all the time using the hit and run method to dps araxxor as you do it. Ideally you should also pray switch while doing this.

One more thing: Use sara brews and super restores and don't be afraid to safe up. As long as your food isnt wasted(it is wasted if you eat at max hp or very near to it) its good(sometimes during p2 I literally spammed brew hotkey all the time)

P.S. Also Araxxor has some passive abilities that dpeend on its legs color. If legs are red(melee) his basic attacks can cause a typeless bleed that increases over time. You can freedom it if it gets too high. If legs are blue(mage) I think it simply reduces your stats. Not a problem if you are using restores. For green(range) I am not really sure but think it poisons you.

Thanks for reading, share your tips!!
And thanks to the rest of PvM team again for providing most of the info.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Araxxor - Information(short) Empty Re: Araxxor - Information(short)

Post by D_Rock306 28/7/2014, 9:43 pm

awesome job on the info, this is the 1st site to post full detailed info on all phases! not a single search on u tube or google has this much info, yaa to sm:)

D_Rock306
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Rock306 28/7/2014, 9:43 pm

how about the pvm team make a vid?

D_Rock306
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 28/7/2014, 9:48 pm

We might make a guide on how to do it.
Tbh I haven't killed this boss yet this is as far as I got http://www.smokinelite.com/t82328-araxxor-informationshort Once we all get a little more practice it will be easier.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 28/7/2014, 10:13 pm

I still haven't killed it, my best was 5k off though, so gutted!
Hopefully I will get a kill or 2 tomorrow Smile

Some additional info:

For phase 2:
I suggest bringing a shield while he is spawning minions, this is VERY helpful! - Also try to go for mirrorbacks first before the other minions. Minions SHOULD be killed before you target arraxor! (however deal a bit of damage inbetween them so you still lower his lp some)

For phase 3:
At the start of the phase, I suggest you dps the fuck out of him, use ultimates, make sure you're ovled whatever! just dps him untill the green spiders start coming. Then you should put on a shield and focus on Iuring those onto him. Once that is done, keep using the shield untill he is done healing (this is what I do anyway) and then treat him like the other two phases, but beware of the green bomb thing.

For phase 4:
You should do as written above, one thing I thought could be helpful (for less.. intense) is to use ranging gear and pray range. this way you pray vs range but mage will hit less than normal. But it is suggested to pray switch especially if you're low on food.
Run like a fucker from the core thing following you, it is easy to get killed from it.

What I personally do is for phase 1-3 I use brews, simply because I don't need to DPS like a mad person, however for phase 4 it is easier to use rocktail(soups if you prefer) as they heal faster and don't lower stats (even if it is just for a second) and it will be easier to dps araxxor then.

Just my small strategy after the first day, looking forward to a bit of rest now and will see what happens tomorrow! Smile

Ps: after I start actually getting a kill I might start streaming it, we'll see Smile

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 28/7/2014, 10:54 pm

I believe the grey shit in final phase appears once Araxxor reaches 25k. Hardest part of the whole fight.

I will try this later tonight:

Bring a shield and be 100% adren before 25k, once it reaches 25k shield on and barricade.
Focus on DPS(1 handed) while spamming brews(so you dont lose adren and get healed fully hopefully). What this would result in is hopefully araxxor at sub 20k or sub 15k and yourself at max lp. Should make it alot easier. Will see how it goes
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by inezzy 28/7/2014, 11:04 pm

The ability devotion helps loads if you use it whenever it is ready
inezzy
inezzy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 28/7/2014, 11:28 pm

Watching the streams I've noticed some people use Sanfew serum. It is normal antipoison and super restore all in one pot. Quite expensive though.

I will be taking only 1 or 2 serums per trip from now on to ease the range form if I happen to get it. If I don't they are still useful for emergency pray restore :p
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 29/7/2014, 4:59 am

looking forward to this. prob won't have the time to get a shot at araxxor till the weekend. hopfully there are some more tips then Smile
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 29/7/2014, 10:22 am

Avssie posted this in the hidden PVM section:

On phase 3, don't lure the spiders untill he is low health, otherwise he will get more enraged and deal harder damage.

I will try this later when I get on!

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 29/7/2014, 2:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ze3kStnoQ may be relevant
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 29/7/2014, 11:34 pm

Got my first kill finally http://gyazo.com/e73cbd8b8381383611a8c13a61124e63
shitty loot rerolled for pet, no luck.

Not sure how many tries it took me, but to me it seems like range is the best dps.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 30/7/2014, 1:37 am

Got 3 more kills really bad loot so far http://gyazo.com/0e013b94d65ffb148c67de9f56fe102e

The new rotation is alottt easier!
Araxxor gets enraged less p3 is faster and there are less minions Very Happy.
On p3 you dont even fight araxxor you just have to survive. He attacks you sometimes with mage or range(random) and you gotta prayer switch but its slow so its easy.
And he gains a new special attack that he then also uses p3 and p4: Whole area goes dark and you are hit rapid 150s-450s you gotta find a light spot(2x2 area i think) and stand there till the special is over.(you can still attack)

On phase 2 path 2 araxxor is climbing on ceiling unattackable you have to tank some of his attacks(which are slow as i said) and he sometimes does the special with eggs and fireball and he always does a new special(its always dark and theres always this light spot somehwere) every 3 light spots he charges into a wall which then loses health. One it goes to 0% health it collapses and p3 starts. If you are standing closer to a wall once he charges he will damage it more. To dodge the charge you have to dodge it with arrow keys(dont know exactly how yet, depends on where his legs are i think) but even if you fail it only deals 2500 damage.

Because of darkness hitting rapid damage I find it is sometimes not worth it to go near eggs and is better to simply tank 3k damage. Enrages araxxor less too.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 30/7/2014, 7:25 am

still no kills here, going to try to transfer some money and armour to my noob account and give it a go with that one, has higher combat and ranged.
piramatrix
piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 30/7/2014, 11:56 am

piramatrix wrote:still no kills here, going to try to transfer some money and armour to my noob account and give it a go with that one, has higher combat and ranged.

What gear are you using?
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 31/7/2014, 8:31 am

i'm using rune crosbows and void
piramatrix
piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 31/7/2014, 3:48 pm

Sounds really challenging tbh. Even with 80 weaps It's not easy and rune cbows are 50 Surprised
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 31/7/2014, 4:24 pm

Yeah my range is not that high, thats why i'm transfering money to my noob, his range is higher
piramatrix
piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Avssie 31/7/2014, 6:14 pm

How've you been going with the c'bows and void I can imagine it been a pretty big challenge especially after the void nerf?
Avssie
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by inezzy 31/7/2014, 6:38 pm

Posted this in ranks section, but figured id post it here too -

Using a sign or portent of death is better than the of life variants, if you happen to die, it deals 10k damage to araxxi and revives you, can make a failed kill a success for sure
inezzy
inezzy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 1/8/2014, 2:13 pm

Some more info we found.

It seems that sometimes araxxor does a spec with 4 attacks inbetween instead of 5. I am not sure but I think this could happen when you free from cocoon almost immediately(meaning youve anticipated/freedomed before it happened).

In duo Araxxor scales up to the guy who has it more enraged(if 0% enrage and 45% enrage guy duo araxxor is going to be 45%) You need to be spam clicking the other guy to break from cocoon, araxxor stillhas 100k per phase, during charge attack both must dodge, both must stand on same spot at eggs special attack to reduce damage(else it hits for 6k instead of 3k) and cleave has a larger radius(harder to avoid).

Also in p4 try to switch prayer just when the attack hits you. The reason for this is because araxxor attacks with the style you are not praying against. If you stand far from araxxor and see a mage attack and immediately switch to mage his next attack is going to be range. If you would wait and switch to mage right when the mage attack hits you his next hit or even 2 will still be mage(he usually fires 2nd one before 1st one even htis you).

Also it can use b2b specs in p4 while above 50k lp. Cleave at least maybe more.

To make last 25k lp of fight even easier its suggested to get to 100% adren just before it hits 25k(if you want you can put on shield and use reso preparation anticipation freedom for quick adren without dealing damage) and use deaths swiftness/sunshine just before it htis 25k. Once acid(dark core) spawns drink an adren pot and build up adren. Once acid hits you once walk 1 square away and use rapid fire/asphyxiate.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 1/8/2014, 2:43 pm

Araxxor used specs b2b on p3 as well for me(instakill spiders)

Also for instakill spiders you dont have to count 5 attacks to know when to freedom/antiticpate. Always does next spec right after the spider explodes.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 1/8/2014, 8:46 pm

Maybe no specs in a row is only for p1. Got b2b2b2b cocoon p3 -.-

Also when it does light spec I think its 7 attacks before it does next spec(counting the attacks that happen while light spec is still active too).

Saw this on some stream: On p2 it's sometimes tricky because when you go on top you have nowhere to run from cleave. The way some streamer does it is he goes to the top and then uses escape ability. Works fine for me.

Also got spider leg middle my first good drop :p
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 2/8/2014, 2:15 pm

When Araxxor uses net shield after sniping and reso you usually also got time for "preparation" to build some more adren.

Hapened to me right now that I was running away from insta kill spider p3 and araxxor dragged me in for cleave and it dragged me right to the spider so i died(got hit 7k). I guess it doesnt use next ability right after spider dies so to be safe I will freedom/anticipate little bit earlier from now on.

For path 3 it doesnt matter how far from wall are you when it charges. What matters is whether you dodge the charge or not. It's 2 charges to complete path 3 if you dodge them both no matter where you were when he charged.

Me and avssie tried duo today. Phase 4 acid purtrid(dark core) spawned earlier(not sure when exactlybut above 30k) and there were 2 of them.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Avssie 2/8/2014, 2:27 pm

New mechanic has just come out that apparently makes p3 a lot easier and the start of p4 much easier too which I'll give a test once I get back in a couple hours.

Instead of stuff I shouldn't be doing all 4 spiders then letting Araxxor absorb them you should lure them and stay away killing him while all 4 are lured on you. This keeps his rage down for all of phase 3 and also Araxii's rage for the start of Phase 4. Araxii will absorb them during phase 4 but only at around 25 -50k health, so you get the whole start of the fight taking less damage. Only problem I think I've seen with this is that it supposedly makes the core hit slightly harder, still haven't seen evidence of this though and will test later aswell.

Happy Spider slaying everyone \o/
Avssie
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next