Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squeal of Fortune

3 posters

Go down

Squeal of Fortune Empty Squeal of Fortune

Post by wizardian20 12/8/2014, 4:18 pm

I apologize if there is a fairly recent topic about this.

Having looked at the continued downward trend in the value of the Christmas Tree Hat, Fish Mask, etc. I have to wonder if they will ever turn upward?

Thoughts
wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Squeal of Fortune Empty Re: Squeal of Fortune

Post by Gildarts 12/8/2014, 4:31 pm

There is a slight possibility they might do so during the festive season, if people actually want to have one for the heck of it.
My opinion is they might closely follow the trend on santa hats and h ween masks.
however there might be a bigger supply on them so its all down to luck really
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 12/8/2014, 7:37 pm

It's tough to compare Sof Rares to other rares because they don't work like other rares. Other rares work like a goal to strive towards, and have a value that's as good as gold because of a long history of being valuable regardless of what happens in the Runescape world.

Sof rares have a history of being unreliable and have none cosmetic "retro-ness" of the real rares. Not to mention the fact that they're severely hoarded relative to other rares (excluding edibles) which doesn't mean too much except that much of their demand in the past has been artificial. As has been proven in the past it really takes a titanic rise (pun not intended) to actually get the general public interested in buy into Sof Rares, and as I recall it only happened once past an item's release date with the Tree hats, when they skyrocketed to nearly 100m.

So my conclusion is that a true rise can only occur when the general public is actually willing to trust in the item's rise which I don't think will happen anytime soon. The memories of losing bank on the sof items linger strongly in the minds of Runescapians. I think in the long future Cos and Cloak of Seasons might go up just because they're significantly less ugly than the other Sof rares and I can actually imagine people wearing them. The others are hopeless. (Black santa has hope too, but I don't consider it an sof rare).
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down