Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good amount

3 posters

Go down

Good amount Empty Good amount

Post by DarkElite 18/8/2014, 9:54 am

Just wondering what would be a good amount to start flipping with EOC
DarkElite
DarkElite
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Good amount Empty Re: Good amount

Post by Phileep 18/8/2014, 10:07 am

You can technically flip with any amount of cash, but of course very low amounts of cash just require you to lowball various items and that is probably not what you're looking to do.

Somewhere between 10-20m is generally the range that people suggest, but again that's highly dependent on your merchanting abilities and what/how you intend to flip. If you respond with more information I'd be happy to give a more definite answer, or if this is a fine answer that's good too.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkElite 18/8/2014, 10:10 am

Phileep wrote:You can technically flip with any amount of cash, but of course very low amounts of cash just require you to lowball various items and that is probably not what you're looking to do.

Somewhere between 10-20m is generally the range that people suggest, but again that's highly dependent on your merchanting abilities and what/how you intend to flip. If you respond with more information I'd be happy to give a more definite answer, or if this is a fine answer that's good too.

Well i guess i know basic items and how to flip Like find a good item people uses buy it 20% more write down that price sell it 20% less write down that price and buy it for the less price sell it for the high price thats the way i flip
DarkElite
DarkElite
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 18/8/2014, 10:29 am

If you intend to flip near actively you'll want to be towards the higher end of my initial suggestion, or perhaps beyond it. 30m or so, perhaps, for solid active flipping (if such a thing truly exists). If you're experienced and willing to inactively/overnight flip then even 10m is workable, if not ideal.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkElite 18/8/2014, 10:31 am

Phileep wrote:If you intend to flip near actively you'll want to be towards the higher end of my initial suggestion, or perhaps beyond it. 30m or so, perhaps, for solid active flipping (if such a thing truly exists). If you're experienced and willing to inactively/overnight flip then even 10m is workable, if not ideal.
So u think 30M is fine What items would u recommend
DarkElite
DarkElite
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 18/8/2014, 10:43 am

I'm not really in the business of recommending items because I don't think that's a very good way to progress. Almost always things will work better for you if find your own items. But, that said, active flipping is a bit of an exception simply because there are not very many items that work actively to begin with. And items to actively/semi-actively flip are inherently very well known.

-Runes can be good, though typically aren't. However they redeem their generally poor margins with good speed at least.

-Some of the strange 5/4 items could work for you, e.g. Ahrim's book/wand (though be warned Ahrim's wand is stunningly overvalued because Treach is so much cheaper). Abyssal Wand/Orb can be good from time to time.

-If you have more money than you're letting on Keystones can be good to semi-actively flip, but definitely several random flips are preferable to a single keystone flip so if you are in the 30-50m range I wouldn't bother with these.

-Cheap combat items can be good also, things like Bgs and such. Don't necessarily expect speediness though.

-Potions can be good to semi-active, if you're open to decanting (although it isn't always required).
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkElite 18/8/2014, 10:46 am

Phileep wrote:I'm not really in the business of recommending items because I don't think that's a very good way to progress. Almost always things will work better for you if find your own items. But, that said, active flipping is a bit of an exception simply because there are not very many items that work actively to begin with. And items to actively/semi-actively flip are inherently very well known.

-Runes can be good, though typically aren't. However they redeem their generally poor margins with good speed at least.

-Some of the strange 5/4 items could work for you, e.g. Ahrim's book/wand (though be warned Ahrim's wand is stunningly overvalued because Treach is so much cheaper). Abyssal Wand/Orb can be good from time to time.

-If you have more money than you're letting on Keystones can be good to semi-actively flip, but definitely several random flips are preferable to a single keystone flip so if you are in the 30-50m range I wouldn't bother with these.

-Cheap combat items can be good also, things like Bgs and such. Don't necessarily expect speediness though.

-Potions can be good to semi-active, if you're open to decanting (although it isn't always required).
Thanks Smile
DarkElite
DarkElite
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by syprs 4/1/2015, 2:26 am

Start merchanting with very low amounts of cash. I'm talking something like 1000gp. If you do this you will get a good understanding of the fundamentals and it will help you learn the patterns of the grand exchange. The only difference between 1000gp and 1000m gp will be the sheer volume of items you flip, as well as adding the ability to wait days, even weeks between buying and selling.

Cheers

syprs
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down