Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Exchange and prices

4 posters

Go down

Grand Exchange and prices Empty Grand Exchange and prices

Post by Koos 3/2/2015, 2:13 pm

Hey guys,
I haven't played osrs for a while, and i noticed that G.E. is coming back.
Does anyone know if it's gonna have buying limits?
Also, will the G.E. influence prices in any way?
Koos
Koos
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Grand Exchange and prices Empty Re: Grand Exchange and prices

Post by Phileep 3/2/2015, 7:46 pm

With regard to limits I'll quote Mod Ronan's Dev Blog to be as accurate as possible:

"...if the Grand Exchange is introduced there will be absolutely no price limits." (Meaning Free Trade will still exist, not the restricted trade system of the early Ge.)

"In order to combat manipulation there will be limits on the rate at which you can buy different types of items." (So, yes, there will be buying limits like in the current Ge.)

As far as the influencing of prices goes, that's less clear. You could make an argument either way I suppose as to whether or not most prices will increase or decrease. If coinshare comes into the game (which I don't believe has been voted on, but correct me if I'm wrong) prices would likely be driven up in the long run, but aside from that fact things are kind of up in the air.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koos 4/2/2015, 12:01 pm

Okay, thanks for the info Phileep! Smile
Koos
Koos
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 10/2/2015, 1:25 am

Koos wrote:Hey guys,
I haven't played osrs for a while, and i noticed that G.E. is coming back.
Does anyone know if it's gonna have buying limits?
Also, will the G.E. influence prices in any way?

the way I see it, it will lower most prices as there will be a larger influx of supply.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 10/2/2015, 10:23 pm

That's possible, but what we're really giving players is more time (from eliminating the hassle of player-player trading). So I think it depends how the community collectively uses that extra time. I imagine some people (and most bots) will use it to create resources (gather, pvm, etc.), some will use it to consume resources (leveling smithing, herblore, prayer, etc.), and others will do neither (opt not to play rs with the extra time, pest control, etc.) Also you'd imagine new Ge merchants would create higher demand on goods, which might push prices up.

So, from my perspective (but perhaps someone would like to change my mind? Wink ) the effects are unclear in the short run. In the long run some inflation should happen, as is natural in an economy undergoing growth.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch 27/2/2015, 4:50 am

Get Keen.
Mitch
Mitch
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)