Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask all your skilling questions here!

+94
Daxaal
Paradijs
Sakanator
Curve Crush
Bom
VerMac
David Archie
diegohage
PvM Shredz
thespacebar
MyLifeIsMerch
Milan1899
pigs can fly
ZJXMad
larx
Igotmoney
Forsaken
bobsaget2
VitaminG
Google
Warlord
qwertyXz
thermal44
Tempo
Cloakraider
Jomama507
McGunthy
UbFreaky
Illusionist
Die4theHunt
Black
Inomonu
Mitch
Tawny779
syprs
Riolu
alik
Daba
JohnieQuest
OnceDead
Kelly
kierren6
w 4 l t 3 r
prutsertjeeh
zealva
Fire
kamikaze7523
Mr Zuidenaar
Obzidian
Sevar
spudmyster
aLetterbox
Princess Toon
emandemon
Begone13
Lucky
Hmm Ninja
official swag
TLW Aaron
Season
CharlieM
Sour Skittles
<3 Page <3
99flirt
MrDangari
God_Woration
Obese
Ranging
Cald
A Ninja
Grewmente
Beasley
ace123
Extravagance
I Tank Arma
sk8ter911
Forge1
D'n'B
weena king
jake j25
Elysian
h4xed
Cool
Calvin & Hobbes
panda-explosion
Core743
Alex711
NoBoysZone
Ghostim16
Broeder
w58658
Valinxh
cracker
Divine
98 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by panda-explosion 1/3/2011, 7:11 pm

You sir, are awesome.
I always used to be unsure of farming herbs because I thought that they would die while I was logged out. I am ignorant.
Thanks very much Smile
panda-explosion
panda-explosion
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

http://panda-explosion.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by Alex711 2/3/2011, 5:45 am

tyvm i will defs burst them im rly *not* rich enuff to double cost

Last edited by Alex711 on 3/3/2011, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Alex711
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 2/3/2011, 1:21 pm

panda-explosion wrote:You sir, are awesome.
I always used to be unsure of farming herbs because I thought that they would die while I was logged out. I am ignorant.
Thanks very much Smile

Naw, just make sure you always use supercompost, it not only makes the chance of them dieing smaller, it will also give you more harvest as it increases minimum harvest from a patch to 5 herbs, which is enough to break even on your patch.
Your average will be 6,5-6,7 herbs per patch in the long run, you really notice this well if you farm 100 seeds at a time, and then sell the herbs and rebuy 100 seeds.

Alex711 wrote:tyvm i will defs burst them im rly rich enuff to double cost

You're sort of contradicting yourself here, you say you're rich enough to go for double the cost, which is barraging.
Yet you say you will definetely burst them for this reason?

Anyways glad to be of help to you 2.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valinxh 2/3/2011, 6:27 pm

- Skill you need help on: Herblore
- Level in the skill: 73
- Level goal: As high as I can go
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Only have 12m atm, looking for cheap options rather than fast training
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Idk, I'm looking for the cheapest potion to make during bonus xp so it has to have low cost but still be fairly good xp/h so I make the most of my timer
Valinxh
Valinxh
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 2/3/2011, 6:44 pm

Valinxh wrote:- Skill you need help on: Herblore
- Level in the skill: 73
- Level goal: As high as I can go
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Only have 12m atm, looking for cheap options rather than fast training
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Idk, I'm looking for the cheapest potion to make during bonus xp so it has to have low cost but still be fairly good xp/h so I make the most of my timer

The choice is very simply for you.
Cleaning herbs is not a good option, as its simply far too slow xp for something like bonus xp weekend.

If you really want to waste your bank on Herblore, you should do Prayer potions as they are currently cheapest gp/xp. (±13gp/xp) which would get you a max of 923k xp, which would get you at a max of almost 80 Herblore.
http://www.smokinelite.com/t3101-spreadsheet-guide-to-buyable-skills-a-must-see

Mind what you're doing with your bank though, it may be smart to earn a lot more mills to make this a smart thing to do.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 2/3/2011, 6:46 pm

What would be the best farming round with 5 trees, 5 fruit trees and the calquat tree?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysian 2/3/2011, 9:18 pm

Broeder wrote:What would be the best farming round with 5 trees, 5 fruit trees and the calquat tree?
Lol, I've got my whole farming round noted on a piece of paper Razz incase I forget it, Really long.. But I don't know if it's the fastest.
Elysian
Elysian

https://www.youtube.com/theiliass

Back to top Go down

Post by jake j25 6/3/2011, 1:42 am

Fastest way to 99 wc?

jake j25
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin & Hobbes 6/3/2011, 9:41 am

Broeder wrote:What would be the best farming round with 5 trees, 5 fruit trees and the calquat tree?

5 magic trees, 5 palm trees and the calquat tree.

jake j25 wrote:Fastest way to 99 wc?

The sawmill, but ivy is slightly slower and doesn't require as much clicking.

PS: Divine, I hope you don't mind if I help them. Just tell me if you want me to gtfo your thread.
Calvin & Hobbes
Calvin & Hobbes
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 6/3/2011, 9:48 am

I mean the fastest transportation, what route to take C&H
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by weena king 6/3/2011, 9:51 am

Ok, I was going to use the template but didn't feel it would be appropriate for the type of question I have, please tell me if you want me to use to template

I'm looking for a skill that's extremely fast to get to 99, I want to spend a max of 50 mil, but if there's a fast skill that costs more please tell me.

I will NOT do the following skills because I can't for many different reasons, please don't ask- Strength, Prayer and Summoniong.

I will PROBABLY NOT do the following skills because I heard they're either very slow or just not as fast as others, although please correct me if I'm wrong- Runecrafting, Agility, Farming, Woodcutting, Mining, Hunter, Fishing, Dungeoneering, Attack and Defence.

I AM THINKING ABOUT TRAINING- Crafting, heard dragonhide crafting is very fast. Smithing- isn't that quick too?

Thieving- isn't thieving guild very quick?

Cooking- I think it's fast, however don't know how fast in comparison.

Firemaking- Is it faster/slower that cooking?

Fletching- Isn't that uber quick?

Herblore?

And how fast is mage and range in comparison to these? I heard doing lunar magics you can get 200k xp/hr?

I heard thieving can max at around 200k xp per hour still making decent money, and crafting can do around 300k xp her hour.

Thanks for help, sorry it's all a bit jumbled up Crying or Very sad
weena king
weena king
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 6/3/2011, 11:59 am

For some damn reason this topic keeps showing up as read for me >.> just gonna check it daily from now on.

I can't answer that question directly, it completely depends on what spellbook you're on, what jewellery you have available, what quests/tasks you did for certain teleportation items.
I suggest you look around at some guides on tree farming.

Calvin &amp; Hobbes wrote:

5 magic trees, 5 palm trees and the calquat tree.

The sawmill, but ivy is slightly slower and doesn't require as much clicking.

PS: Divine, I hope you don't mind if I help them. Just tell me if you want me to gtfo your thread.

I don't mind if you help them, as long as your replies are correct because most people seem to not come back to the topic after they got a reply.
Yes Sawmill is indeed the fastest way, you do need a crystal saw to get the highest xp possible I believe.
Other than that its indeed Ivy.

weena king wrote:Ok, I was going to use the template but didn't feel it would be appropriate for the type of question I have, please tell me if you want me to use to template

I'm looking for a skill that's extremely fast to get to 99, I want to spend a max of 50 mil, but if there's a fast skill that costs more please tell me.

I will NOT do the following skills because I can't for many different reasons, please don't ask- Strength, Prayer and Summoniong.

I will PROBABLY NOT do the following skills because I heard they're either very slow or just not as fast as others, although please correct me if I'm wrong- Runecrafting, Agility, Farming, Woodcutting, Mining, Hunter, Fishing, Dungeoneering, Attack and Defence.

I AM THINKING ABOUT TRAINING- Crafting, heard dragonhide crafting is very fast. Smithing- isn't that quick too?

Thieving- isn't thieving guild very quick?

Cooking- I think it's fast, however don't know how fast in comparison.

Firemaking- Is it faster/slower that cooking?

Fletching- Isn't that uber quick?

Herblore?

And how fast is mage and range in comparison to these? I heard doing lunar magics you can get 200k xp/hr?

I heard thieving can max at around 200k xp per hour still making decent money, and crafting can do around 300k xp her hour.

Thanks for help, sorry it's all a bit jumbled up Crying or Very sad

Don't worry about not using the template, wouldn't work here indeed.
You're right about the skills you probably won't be doing as they are not as fast as what you're looking for. (except for dungeoneering maybe, but you'd need quite decent skills)

Crafting and smithing are both fast skills, the more money you spend, the faster they go obviously.
If you really want to do either, I suggest to make good use of the bonus xp weekend for this.

Thieving can indeed be around 200k xp/hr, though its never really decent money, but every bit helps Razz

I believe cooking something like sharks already goes around 300k xp/hr, so this would be optional for you too.

Firemaking, it is usually slower than cooking, unless you plan on burning mage logs, then you exceed 300k xp/hr aswell.

Fletching, the highest you could go is 280-290k xp/hr while cutting magic logs into longbows, stringing them is only around 150k xp/hr.
Yew longbows go for around 120k xp/hr.

Herblore would be too expensive with the cash you're willing to spend, far too expensive.

If you want to get a 99 as fast as possible, mage and range aren't your best options.

If you have any more questions on this, feel free to ask.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by D'n'B 6/3/2011, 12:13 pm

You can plant 6 fruit trees because there is 1 patch in herblore habitat and whit Juju teleport spiritbag you can teleport quite near it. sry for hijack

D'n'B
D'n'B

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 6/3/2011, 12:27 pm

There is :O

tyvm, +rep
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 6/3/2011, 12:55 pm

D'n'B wrote:

You can plant 6 fruit trees because there is 1 patch in herblore habitat and whit Juju teleport spiritbag you can teleport quite near it. sry for hijack

Don't say sorry for sharing new info Smile +Rep for it thanks.
I never looked at the minigame so I didn't know.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=farming_guide.htm#fruit
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by weena king 6/3/2011, 2:30 pm

Ok, thanks for the info, I've now made my shortlist.

I think cooking is most likely, however with some semi-flipping of my raw/cooked food how much can I expect to lose if I want to get 300k xp/hr?

I've ruled out crafting because it seems like the losses are far to heavy in the perhaps minor xp I may get over cooking.

And I feel the same thing for cooking...

However, I've heard that using mousekeys you can get 500k fletching xp/hr, and if you do a bit of flipping on the stuff not lose really anything?
weena king
weena king
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valinxh 7/3/2011, 11:47 am

- Skill you need help on: Thieving
-Level in the skill: 66
- Level goal: 70
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 100k
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: I've tried stealing from custom evidence lockers but I'm not sure it's the best xp/h

- Skill you need help on: Construction
- Level in the skill: 67
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 1m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Something on bxp weekend?

Valinxh
Valinxh
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 7/3/2011, 12:20 pm

weena king wrote:Ok, thanks for the info, I've now made my shortlist.

I think cooking is most likely, however with some semi-flipping of my raw/cooked food how much can I expect to lose if I want to get 300k xp/hr?

I've ruled out crafting because it seems like the losses are far to heavy in the perhaps minor xp I may get over cooking.

And I feel the same thing for cooking...

However, I've heard that using mousekeys you can get 500k fletching xp/hr, and if you do a bit of flipping on the stuff not lose really anything?

You could end up with profit using any method tbh, it just depends on how good you are at flipping so I can't really help you there.

Valinxh wrote:- Skill you need help on: Thieving
-Level in the skill: 66
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 100k
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: I've tried stealing from custom evidence lockers but I'm not sure it's the best xp/h

- Skill you need help on: Construction
- Level in the skill: 67
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 1m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Something on bxp weekend?

As for thieving, you can pickpocket your highest npc possible or do pyramid plunder, it won't take that long.
As for Construction, It depends on the prices your planks will buy at tbh.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by weena king 7/3/2011, 4:11 pm

My final question...

Skill needed: fletching

Levels needed: 30-99 Razz

Amount of money willing to spend: less that 5 mil?

I would like to train it as fast as possible, I heard mithril/addy bolts are good- with mousekeys 700k xp/hr possible?

Is it possible to spend very little money, by sort of flipping the materials, (I've made all my money flipping), although I'm aiming to get my fletching to 99 over double xp weekend? I've worked out it will take around 16 hours, is this possible?

Thing is though the prices of the supplies are kind of inflated at the moment, but I really want to no-life it all weekend Razz
weena king
weena king
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forge1 9/3/2011, 3:59 pm

- Skill you need help on: Strength and range
- Level in the skill: Strength 97 range 91
- Level goal: STR 99 range 80
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: str 1mil range 2mil
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: I dont really know.. =/
(cant be in armoured zombies dont have the req)
Forge1
Forge1
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 9/3/2011, 4:28 pm

weena king wrote:My final question...

I would like to train it as fast as possible, I heard mithril/addy bolts are good- with mousekeys 700k xp/hr possible?

Is it possible to spend very little money, by sort of flipping the materials, (I've made all my money flipping), although I'm aiming to get my fletching to 99 over double xp weekend? I've worked out it will take around 16 hours, is this possible?

Thing is though the prices of the supplies are kind of inflated at the moment, but I really want to no-life it all weekend Razz

By the looks of your other topic you already decided.
I can't predict your xp rates, it really depends on how fast you are with mousekeys, and xp weekend will play a big role in your xp rates.

godforge1 wrote:- Skill you need help on: Strength and range

I guess you mean you have 71 ranged? Cause otherwise I'd have to teach you how to train backwards..the only way I know is botting and getting your stats rollbacked xD.
You should train Slayer for your Strength.
And if you want to, you can do Aviansies for money and ranging, check the guide in my signature for more info.

Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forge1 9/3/2011, 4:31 pm

*Facepalm* wrote:

I can't predict your xp rates, it really depends on how fast you are with mousekeys, and xp weekend will play a big role in your xp rates.

I guess you mean you have 71 ranged? Cause otherwise I'd have to teach you how to train backwards..the only way I know is botting and getting your stats rollbacked xD.
And if you want to, you can do Aviansies for money and ranging, check the guide in my signature for more info.

Lol I mean I have range 71 and I want to get 80. But my slayer is low.. my slayer is 33.. So do you still recommend to traing slayer for my strength?
Forge1
Forge1
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 9/3/2011, 4:35 pm

godforge1 wrote:
*Facepalm* wrote:

Lol I mean I have range 71 and I want to get 80. But my slayer is low.. my slayer is 33.. So do you still recommend to traing slayer for my strength?

Already replied to you ingame, but yes, I recommend Slayer for any melee combat training.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sk8ter911 11/3/2011, 2:05 am

- Skill you need help on : Strength

- Level in the skill : 62

- Level goal : 70/75

- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: idk not alot.

- The method you (think you should) use to train : I have no clue sorry,

- I really need help finding a NPC that i can train on. I am f2p so i really dont know what i should for my level. I am trying to find a bot that can go on flesh crawlers can anybody hook me up with one? Something like.

- My Combat level : 50.

sk8ter911
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 11/3/2011, 10:41 am

sk8ter911 wrote:- Skill you need help on : Strength

- Level in the skill : 62

- Level goal : 70/75

- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: idk not alot.

- The method you (think you should) use to train : I have no clue sorry,

- I really need help finding a NPC that i can train on. I am f2p so i really dont know what i should for my level. I am trying to find a bot that can go on flesh crawlers can anybody hook me up with one? Something like.

- My Combat level : 50.

Botting is not welcome on these forums, do it yourself, or don't do it.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next