Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--- Guide to 1-99 Thieving --- ✓ ®

+21
dr.parthat
Fish30
jensiboyke
Addy
Fast farmin
Koos
SM_Kris
vickus olivier
Ahmed
Blood
the singh
Miku Hatsune
Venom
Legit Ryan
mypet tr0ll
Roloz
Heartstop123
T Boy
EF
bs merchants
Ms Taylor
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

--- Guide to 1-99 Thieving --- ✓ ® Empty --- Guide to 1-99 Thieving --- ✓ ®

Post by Ms Taylor 5/6/2012, 5:01 pm

--- Guide to 1-99 Thieving --- ✓ ® PbXfY

--- Guide to 1-99 Thieving --- ✓ ® 2650240

In this guide I will teach you the tricks on getting your thieving level up as fast as possible at your current lvl! Of course, there are some other ways as I will describe in the guide, and don't be afraid to post them, so other users can read them aswell!

1. Here is a small table of contents which shows what we will be going through:

-----------------------------------
1. Introduction

2. 1 - 5 Thieving

3. 5 - 20 Thieving

4. 20 - 38 Thieving

5. 38 - 55 Thieving

6. 55 - 65 Thieving

7. 65 - 81 Thieving

8. 81 - 99 Thieving

9. Quick Guide

10. Ending Words

----------------------------------

2. 1 - 5 Thieving

Your first thieving experience starts here! Getting from 1 to 5 thieving isn't hard at all, and it's a nice way of getting around with thieving.

-Your best choice at lvl 1 are the men and women all over RuneScape!

-Ofcourse, there are some great places!

~Edgeville~

How to get there: Glory/walk from Varrock, Grand exchange short cut to the North West (21 agility required)

Where: In a house just north of the bank (near the wilderness, just a few squares from the wall)

Spoiler:

~Lumbridge~

How to get there: (Home) teleport

Where: In and around the castle

Spoiler:

Those two spots are the best, since there is a bank nearby!

Now, to talk in numbers, you need to succesfully pickpocket 49 men/women to achieve 5 thieving. This shouldn't take that long.

Now that you have achieved 5 thieving, you can move on to the next part!

3. 5 - 20 Thieving

Now, to get from 5 - 20 will ofcourse take a bit longer than the previous step, but don't worry, the numbers are not that great.
At this time, you'll be stealing cakes, from the Baker's Stall.

Spoiler:

This be done in two towns but Ardougne would be the easiest to get to:

~Ardougne~

How to get there: Teleport (Completion of Plague City required), or walk there from Camelot! OR Teleport Tab's can be made or bought from the G.E

Where: In the center, the big square. The stall is located in the north east corner of the place

Spoiler:

While stealing these, you should watch out for the Baker, as well as the Guard and Knights wandering around.

If the Baker catches you, your character won't thieve it, but when a Guard or a Knight notices you stealing, he'll attack you.

So, it's best to get out of the sight of these three!

Each cake gives 16 experience and it takes around 2-3 second for a new one.

The cakes you thieve can be used to get your hitpoints up if a guard or something else attacks you!

From 5 - 20 thieving you'l need to succesfully steal 256 cakes (don't worry, it won't take longer than 1 hour max)!

4. 20 - 38 Thieving

Around here you'll probably have guess what thieving is all about. Now, you want to get further? Sure, this is what you'll have to do!

You'll be stealing from the Silk stall now. You can find one in Ardougne. (There is one in Keldagrim but it CANNOT be stolen from)

~Ardougne~

How to get there: Teleport (Completion of Plague City required), or walk there from Camelot! OR Ardougne Teleport Tab's can be made or bought from the G.E

Where: In the center, the big square. The stall is located in the sout west corner of the place.

Spoiler:

Same as with the cakes, you'll have to watch out for all the npc's running around, so just hide behind the stall or so!

Each piece of silk gives you 24 exp, and takes around 5 seconds to respawn.

From 20 - 38 thieving you'll need to succesfully steal 1,081 pieces of silk! Just don't get too amazed by this number, because for the next few levels, it will even be higher!

5. 38 - 55 Thieving

This time, you'll be thieving Master Farmers, whose seeds can be sold to other players or used to get your farming level up! You'll find 2 in draynor village, one south of Varrock, and also one around Ardougne

~Draynor Village~

How to get there: Glory ammy/walk from Lumbridge, walk from Falador.

Where: They are wandering around the market place!

Spoiler:

~Ardougne~

How to get there: Teleport (Completion of Plague City required), or walk there from Camelot! OR Ardougne Teleport Tab's can be made or bought from the G.E

Where: Just above the northern exit, the one with the bank (not the other, which is a bit more to the west)

Spoiler:

~Varrock~

How to get there: Teleport/walk from lumbridge

Where: A bit south of the south gate of Varrock

Spoiler:

Each time you succesfully picpocket a Master Farmer, you gain 43 xp
To achieve 55 thieving, you would need to succesfully thieve a Master Farmer 3,169 times

bs merchants' suggestion: 'There is a much better way to train thieving up to around level 55-60. In the thief's guild, Opening doors gives 180 or 280 exp and the chests 30 and 210 exp. From level 20 i think it is, it is much faster to open the doors then world hop. Using this method i trained 25-53 thieving in about 1 or 2 hrs of continual playing.'

6. 55 - 65 Thieving

You're doing great if you've already achieved this. This also means that you can now complete desert treasure! Don't expect to be getting that sexy 99 cape anytime soon, Thieving is a very time consuming skill!

Now, for this step, the completion of "The Feud" is needed. Don't worry if you haven't done already, it's a very easy and fun quest! Also, it gives a little hint on how you will be training the next few levels.

If you wouldn't already have guessed it, you will be training on those Bandits (lvl 56, the 41's give less experience!) in Pollivineach!

~Pollivineach~

How to get there: With the flying carpet from Shantay's Pass

Where: They're all over town

Spoiler:

Why them, you may ask. Well, they have a "Lure" and a "Knock-Out"option, handy, right?

You'll also need a blackjack for this. If you have just finished the quest, you should still have yours, if not, you can buy one from the Blackjack shop, in the center of the town. To stay here as long as possible, you'll also have to take some food (noted and unnoted) and some cash.

So, here's what you'll be doing:

- First lure the bandit in an empty house. Make sure it's empty, or else you can't knock them out!

- Knock them out.

=> If you failed to knock him out: quickly pickpocket him before he attacks you. If he manages to attack you, just run a bit away from him till you're out of his reach.

=> If you managed to knock him out: when he's fainted, quickly pickpocket him twice before he gets back up

- Repeat

This will take some time to do it efficientally, but practice makes perfect. Also, the stun he gives you when he noticed you wanted to knock him down is not a real stun, you can still move/pickpocket with that "stun"

And each time you are succesfull (which is Knock Out + Pickpocket + Pickpocket) you gain 176.8 Xp. In order to reach lvl 65, you must do this 1,584 times!

7. 65 - 81 Thieving

So, I hope you got the hang of the luring/ko'ing, because this step is practically the same!

Only, this time you will be luring/ko'ing Menaphite Thugs, the yellow and purple guys. And you're lucky, they're also in Pollivineach!

~Pollivineach~

How to get there: With the flying carpet from Shantay's Pass

Where: Mainly south part of town

Spoiler:

Just like before, lure them first, knock them out, and pickpocket them twice. Repeat.

And this is where the fast exp will begin. At lvl 70, I managed to get 130,000-150,000 experience per hour. Amazing, right?!

So, every time you success (Knock out + Pickpocket + Pickpocket) you gain 295 xp. To achieve 81 thieving, you will need to success 5,908 times!

Thieving still doesn't bores you? Well then, follow the next step!

8. 81 - 99 Thieving

Yup, the very last step towards 99. And ofcourse, it is the longest.

Now, have you ever heard of "Pyramid Plunder"? Well, as you might have guessed, this is what you'll be doing the next few weeks! It's a minigame, in a pyramid (hence the name) that is located in Sophanem.

~Sophanem~

How to get there: With the flying carpets from Shantay's Pass to Pollivineach and Pollivineach to Sophanem. Or by teleporting with a Pharaoh's Sceptre

Where: Just when you enter trough the gate.

Spoiler:

To succesfully play it you will need:

- (Super) Anti potion / The book from "The Great Brain Robbery"
- Food
- If you chose for the book you'll also need holy symbol of Saradomin

Now, to enter the Pyramid, you will have to find the correct door. Keep trying till you find, and remember that one, because the mummy stays there for around 15-20 minutes.

Now, the mummy gives you 5 minutes in the Pyramid before he kicks you out. There are some pretty detailed guides on how to do it here, but I'm telling you quite summaried.

- Open the chest in each room
- Check for snakes in the second to last room (Which is room 6 from 81-91 thieving and room 7 from 91-99 thieving)
- Check for snakes + search in your last room. (Which is room 7 from 81-91 thieving and room 8 from 91-99 thieving)
- Repeat

While doing this, you have the chance to get a Pharaoh's Sceptre, which is around 750,000gp-850,000gp these days!
And voila! after a few weeks you've reached the almighty 99. Now, go get your cape! The thieving master is located in Rogues Den.

Spoiler:

ALTERNATE METHOD BY SupirPro
Spoiler:

9. Quick Guide

To lazy to read all of the stuff I described above?

Well, here's a quick guide on how to get 1 - 99

1 - 5 Thieving: Men and women, all over Runescape

5 - 20 Thieving: Cake stall, Ardougne and Keldagrim

20 - 38 Thieving: Silk stall, Ardougne

38 - 53 Thieving: Master Farmers, Ardougne, Draynor and Varrock OR Guards, in all major towns

55 - 65 Thieving: Luring/Ko'ing bandits in Pollivineach

65 - 81 Thieving: Luring/Ko'ing Menaphite Thugs in Pollivineach

81 - 99 Thieving: Pyramid plunder in Sophanem

I wish you luck!

10. Ending Words

I hope you enjoyed reading this guide and I hope it will be any help at all for you.

You might find thieving boring, but it's not as boring as a lot of other skills, like mining or fishing. Thieving is fun, remember that while training.

Also, if you have any questions or remarks, be sure to post them here, I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

Also, I wish you the best of luck on your way to whatever thieving level your goal is!

Credits:

-Images - Screenshots
-Information - Steiner-99 (Thankyou for all your help and allowing me to edit your guide)

-Information - SupirPro (For allowing me to link his Monkey Knife fighter guide)
Please give me a +rep if this guide helped you out Smile It took a long time to make this guide and just one small click helps me out so much![

This is my first guide, any comments and constructive criticism will be taken with appreciation, Thanks Guys Smile

Last edited by Ms Taylor on 6/6/2012, 9:32 am; edited 10 times in total
Ms Taylor
Ms Taylor
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

--- Guide to 1-99 Thieving --- ✓ ® Empty Re: --- Guide to 1-99 Thieving --- ✓ ®

Post by bs merchants 5/6/2012, 5:13 pm

There is a much better way to train thieving up to around level 55-60. In the thief's guild, Opening doors gives 180 or 280 exp and the chests 30 and 210 exp. From level 20 i think it is, it is much faster to open the doors then world hop. Using this method i trained 25-53 thieving in about 1 or 2 hrs of continual playing.
bs merchants
bs merchants
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Taylor 5/6/2012, 5:15 pm

Thanks Smile remember, all good suggestions get put into the guide Smile
Ms Taylor
Ms Taylor
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by EF 5/6/2012, 6:19 pm

Great guide talyor <3 it really shows that you put a lot of work at it! nice work again Smile
EF
EF
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by T Boy 5/6/2012, 6:28 pm

Great and organized guide.

One thing to add is that a player can also teleport to Ardougne by breaking a
teleport tab. you may want to add that Smile Just in-case they don't have the magic level to
use the teleport skill.
T Boy
T Boy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Taylor 5/6/2012, 6:29 pm

T Boy wrote:Great and organized guide.

One thing to add is that a player can also teleport to Ardougne by breaking a
teleport tab. you may want to add that Smile Just in-case they don't have the magic level to
use the teleport skill.

Added Smile thanks
Ms Taylor
Ms Taylor
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 5/6/2012, 6:34 pm

great guide, very detailed +rep
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roloz 5/6/2012, 6:34 pm

WOW so nice
I am gona use this!
+ rep!
Roloz
Roloz
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by mypet tr0ll 6/6/2012, 8:13 am

I have verified your guide and it equalled out to a score of 40/50.

It is very straight to the point and easy to understand. Although, it could do with more information and other training methods.

mypet tr0ll
mypet tr0ll
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Legit Ryan 6/6/2012, 9:12 am

I would have to say this is a very nice guide and well thought out. Me myself personally likes training at pyramid plunder for hours on end. (lol so much fun -.-).

but really. great guide
+rep
Legit Ryan
Legit Ryan
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Venom 6/6/2012, 9:26 am

Well, I have to say this guide is very informative, professionally laid out. I may not be going for 99, but I will use this to get me to 80, so big thanks to Taylor cheers
Definite + rep Smile
Venom
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Miku Hatsune 6/6/2012, 9:52 am

This was a request from TAYL0OOOOR, who wanted my opinion. No hating plx.

As a general guide this works well as it is detailed and simple/easy to understand for those who seek 1-99.

However there is a much more efficient way, as I am not making a guide I won't go into detail, but levels 1-21 is what you would do for the quickest XP.

When you reach 21, Pyramid Plunder 21-99. A simple minigame which will allow you to get MUCH more experience in thieving compared to any other place in RS.

To do Pyramid plunder and have it's full potential of XP gain is having to have completed the quest 'Contact' so you are able to use the bank there to resupply as you take much more damage here.

If you have not completed the quest "Contact (QUEST)" the your other options are:
A: Using a PHARAOH'S SCEPTRE to teleport to the minigame (3) charges which can be restored using artefacts from the Pyramid Plunder minigame

B: Bring cooked noted FOOD+SUPER ANTI POISONS and GP, you will have to continously sell and rebuy them from the general store in "Sophanem (Location of Pyramid Plunder)" to stay there without leaving. but can become abit expensive if you don't have the funds, food like tuna work great
Miku Hatsune
Miku Hatsune
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Taylor 6/6/2012, 9:54 am

Miku Hatsune wrote:This was a request from TAYL0OOOOR, who wanted my opinion. No hating plx.

As a general guide this works well as it is detailed and simple/easy to understand for those who seek 1-99.

However there is a much more efficient way, as I am not making a guide I won't go into detail, but levels 1-21 is what you would do for the quickest XP.

When you reach 21, Pyramid Plunder 21-99. A simple minigame which will allow you to get MUCH more experience in thieving compared to any other place in RS.

To do Pyramid plunder and have it's full potential of XP gain is having to have completed the quest 'Contact' so you are able to use the bank there to resupply as you take much more damage here.

If you have not completed the quest "Contact (QUEST)" the your other options are:
A: Using a PHARAOH'S SCEPTRE to teleport to the minigame (3) charges which can be restored using artefacts from the Pyramid Plunder minigame

B: Bring cooked noted FOOD+SUPER ANTI POISONS and GP, you will have to continously sell and rebuy them from the general store in "Sophanem (Location of Pyramid Plunder)" to stay there without leaving. but can become abit expensive if you don't have the funds, food like tuna work great

Thanks Hun Smile Hopefully some people read this and use this method as well, If i just poster 21-99 pyramid plunder the guide would be too short Razz thanks so much though Smile
Ms Taylor
Ms Taylor
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Miku Hatsune 6/6/2012, 9:56 am

Ms Taylor wrote:
Miku Hatsune wrote:This was a request from TAYL0OOOOR, who wanted my opinion. No hating plx.

Thanks Hun Smile Hopefully some people read this and use this method as well, If i just poster 21-99 pyramid plunder the guide would be too short Razz thanks so much though Smile

Even if it is too short, isn't a good guide one that gets you to your goal faster?
It really isn't too costly, as you are able to find pharaoh's sceptres during Pyramid Plunder on any floor there from the Chests.
Miku Hatsune
Miku Hatsune
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by the singh 6/6/2012, 9:56 am

Very nice guide, good layout and includes a lot of information. +rep
the singh
the singh
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 6/6/2012, 10:15 am

Miku Hatsune wrote:
Spoiler:

Even if it is too short, isn't a good guide one that gets you to your goal faster?
It really isn't too costly, as you are able to find pharaoh's sceptres during Pyramid Plunder on any floor there from the Chests.

I would define it more-so as one that gets you to your goal at your own pace in a way that is fun for you (for example, I'm not personally a fan of Thieving at all, but Pyramid Plunder, if I were to train Thieving, wouldn't be my method of doing so).

Overall, I suppose it is, indeed, a nice and thought out guide. I can't give a better reply for, as stated in irc, not really into Thieving Razz
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed 6/6/2012, 6:15 pm

I think this should be stickied :p

Def worth +rep

Very detailed and thought out.

<333
Ahmed
Ahmed
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by vickus olivier 6/6/2012, 6:48 pm

Wow very nice guide Smile I will train thieving as soon as all my skills are in check. Going for 70+ all skills.
vickus olivier
vickus olivier
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Taylor 6/6/2012, 9:16 pm

thanks for all the positive feedback guys! love you all <3
Ms Taylor
Ms Taylor
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by SM_Kris 6/6/2012, 9:32 pm

As I see no other guide on Thieving that is this in depth, I stickied it for all to see and easy access to others that are using it.
SM_Kris
SM_Kris
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Venom 6/6/2012, 9:37 pm

SM_Kris wrote:As I see no other guide on Thieving that is this in depth, I stickied it for all to see and easy access to others that are using it.

Thanks Kris, I think it deserved it, and now it's easier to find Very Happy
Venom
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Taylor 7/6/2012, 6:05 am

SM_Kris wrote:As I see no other guide on Thieving that is this in depth, I stickied it for all to see and easy access to others that are using it.

Thanks so much Kris, I've been requesting this Smile <3
Ms Taylor
Ms Taylor
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koos 8/6/2012, 6:20 pm

Really good looking, detailed guide.
I'm gonna try some of it right now
Smile
Koos